GDT: Game 53: Columbus vs. Vancouver | 2/9 7PM

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I'd like to see reporters question effort more. Really, the players don't seem to have to answer for it

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I wish I could even say "good effort". Nope.
Poor effort. Poor showing. Poor execution.

But pizza party after the game.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Spare me the ********, but there is not a single thing the Jackets have done since the end of the streak that proves they will bounce back. This is who they are, a team that got hot and is really a borderline lottery team.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
He rarely sets up or creates plays. He scores goals when others do that work for him.

You can usually find him coasting on the back check

I think we're overgeneralizing from a bad start to 2017 for Saad.

Virtually every player on the entire team scores more when Saad's on the ice. I hope that stat isn't too advanced for some folks.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Got to get back to meat and potatoes hockey. All the overpassing made me miss Todd Richards' hockey.

They need to do more "passing off the pads" and making traffic. Lot of perimeter play out there.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Meh, we're floundering. Not really a surprise. It will be interesting to see where we go from here.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Crowd - as limited/small as it was tongiht - show d more energy and effort than the team. Sucks.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
The biggest problem with the roster we have is the lack of goal scorers, and nights like tonight really highlight that problem. The PP has dried up, and we aren't generating quality chances 5-5. Bob was decent, but he needs to control rebounds better...the bigger issue is our lack of finishing right now...Foligno, Saad, Wennberg, Gagne, these guys have to start finding the back of the net.

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
The advanced stats loves Saad but the eye test says otherwise. So many turnovers

Saad stats on the surface look good; but I really question the consistency of his effort. Watch him fail to back check on the second Van goal. Lazy penalty took away our PP. If I'm Torts I'm taking a long look at him and Gagner.

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
The biggest problem with the roster we have is the lack of goal scorers, and nights like tonight really highlight that problem. The PP has dried up, and we aren't generating quality chances 5-5. Bob was decent, but he needs to control rebounds better...the bigger issue is our lack of finishing right now...Foligno, Saad, Wennberg, Gagne, these guys have to start finding the back of the net.
Agree totally on lack of goal scoring. We really need a gritty forward who can score goals

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
For some reason, Saad is immune from criticism both on this board and in the coach's office. I notice this a month ago. Saad is next to worthless right now. It is not just his lack of goal scoring. It is his complete lack of everything else include defense, passing and effort.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Jackets seem to have a lot of trouble getting up for mediocre teams. They played that PIT game at a completely different level than we've seen before and since... a lot of limp, uninspired efforts against teams they should be beating. Hope it's just a matter of "youth" and not a habit we'll be dealing with in future years.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
BTW, the power play... if you watch them during the streak they were getting set up in the zone quickly, usually within 10 seconds of starting the puck up the ice. Not any more... it's like we're watching a different team.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
For some reason, Saad is immune from criticism both on this board and in the coach's office. I notice this a month ago. Saad is next to worthless right now. It is not just his lack of goal scoring. It is his complete lack of everything else include defense, passing and effort.

Yup, Saad's effort without the puck was very lackluster. In the first GA, he made a lazy swipe for the puck in the neutral zone, then just coasted along the play with no care for the world or where his man actually was on the ice. Jones also looked really bad on the play, just letting Daniel beat him to the rebound despite being closer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad