Scratches
Biega, Larsen

Injured
Baertschi, Dorsett, Rodin

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Bjorkstrand scores... and keeps scoring and stays in the lineup. He better come out flying tonight. I'm glad he is getting the chance again over Hannikainen.

The Monsters are the lowest scoring team in the AHL which I honestly think is surpressing his numbers a bit.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Bjorkstrand scores... and keeps scoring and stays in the lineup. He better come out flying tonight. I'm glad he is getting the chance again over Hannikainen.

The Monsters are the lowest scoring team in the AHL which I honestly think is surpressing his numbers a bit.

If you had asked me before the season, I'd have said Bjorkstrand is the type of scorer who doesn't need to be set up. All he needs is the puck, in traffic or not.

I think he's just in bad shape.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Wow...Canucks 4th worse team in the league, behind only Avs, Coyotes and Stars.....lost 4 straight... 3-5-2 in last 10...yet, they're only 7 points out of a playoff spot with games in hand on the teams ahead of them.

Hopefully, CBJ can score 2 or 3 in first period and then Canucks fold.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
If you had asked me before the season, I'd have said Bjorkstrand is the type of scorer who doesn't need to be set up. All he needs is the puck, in traffic or not.

I think he's just in bad shape.

Ehh, he technically is still on pace for a 30 goal season. But he has been underwhelming a bit. Tends to disappear. He is the type of player, I'd hope would put the team on his back when they struggle to score, but he hasn't done that.

EDIT: Looks like Bjorkstrand may not even play...

Last edited:

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Hoping to see a couple things tonight;

1. Vancouver has 12 PIM's (and none are the 5 for fighting variety).
2. Bjorkstrand demonstrates that he is NHL ready (2 goals and an assist).
3. Boone Jenner gets his 10th.
4. Zack Werenski gets his 9th.
5. A full house that is full-throated.
6. Jeff Rimer has laryngitis and is on IR.

A guy can hope................

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
this game is critical.. we need to win - hate having Andy & Savard out we need their solid play back. Loved seeing Nutti be Nutti out there! we missed his passing out of our zone & a guy that jumps into the offense

Kick em while they are down 3 - 0 Jackets win!! Bjork pots 1 tonight:D

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
With the obvious caveat that I don't see what happens in practice or other areas of the guys' work, or have the coach's finger on the pulse of his players...

I would strongly consider having Bjork draw in for Gagner.

Gagne has now gone 20 straight games without a goal. He is just begging for a press box opportunity.

CBJfan44

Mar 13, 2015
With the obvious caveat that I don't see what happens in practice or other areas of the guys' work, or have the coach's finger on the pulse of his players...

I would strongly consider having Bjork draw in for Gagner.

I'd really like to see Bjorkstrand out there too.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I'm down to see Bjork draw in for Gagner as well.

Vancouver has an atrocious road record. Let's get on them early and not give them a chance to steal one on the road.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Gagner still worth the $600K. He helped get us to early January at the top of the heap.
The last 20 games are why we got him for $600K. He's inconsistent (like many goal scorers) and he is mostly invisible when he's not scoring. Perhaps a game upstairs would do him some good, not as punishment or motivation, just to have a look from above and take a breath. But sounds like not happening, at least not tonight.

Of course this could work out the other way - Gagner heats back up for the run-up to, and during, the playoffs. That's the crazy thing about inconsistentcy - it works both ways. In other words, HE'S DUE!!!! Probably nets a hatty tonight :handclap::laugh:

JUST WIN BABY!

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Gagner still worth the $600K. He helped get us to early January at the top of the heap.
The last 20 games are why we got him for $600K. He's inconsistent (like many goal scorers) and he is mostly invisible when he's not scoring. Perhaps a game upstairs would do him some good, not as punishment or motivation, just to have a look from above and take a breath. But sounds like not happening, at least not tonight.

He's just due for a break and he isn't helping right now. Just give him a game off.
Of course this could work out the other way - Gagner heats back up for the run-up to, and during, the playoffs. That's the crazy thing about inconsistentcy - it works both ways. In other words, HE'S DUE!!!! Probably nets a hatty tonight :handclap::laugh:

I read an article in a golf magazine once about those great shots that keep us coming back, that drive on 18... "where was that? If only I could get some consistency." Writer replied that your consistency is the hacking around you did for 17 holes, that glorious shot IS your INconsistency.

I honestly don't know how that applies here, but your comment made me think of it.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I agree with the swap of Gagner for Bjork. At least for one game. Gagner hasn't been good, the powerplay needs a change, and Bjork (and/or Milano) deserve another crack at it.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
The Canucks are 60% successful on their penalty kill during their 4 game losing streak. Hoping they take 6 penalties tonight, none of which are coincidential.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
still should have thrown Bjorkstrand in, considering it's Vancouver. He'd perform decent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad