GDT: Game 5: Avs vs Ducks | Friday, October 13, 2017 | 7 PM MT | Just Our Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
This was an awesome win, and I don't want to be Debbie Downer, but I can't imagine facing a worse line-up that we just did. The Ducks were a dirty crapfest tonight.

Well Boston without Bergeron and Backes down the middle wasn't that much better tbh ;).

Add the fact that the Rangers traded away the best center before the season and aside from Montreal and Vegas, we probably just faced the worst center groups in the league thanks to these injuries...

Will be interesting to see how we stack up against a very good group of centers tomorrow against Dallas without MacKinnon and Jost...

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
Really liked what I saw. Landeskog, Duchene, Andrighetto looked really good tonight from the forwards tonight, Compher too. We actually have three quality defensive pairings.

We have some good hockey players out there, it's fun again.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
This was an awesome win, and I don't want to be Debbie Downer, but I can't imagine facing a worse line-up that we just did. The Ducks were a dirty crapfest tonight.
And they played half the game in PK.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Anyone starting a bragging thread on the main forums, may a genital grow out of your forehead.
gowron-big-eyes.jpg

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Como had a good game tonight. He was skating and didnt do anything to make me facepalm. I had no issues with him going to the net the way he did that caused the goalie interference. He barely touched Berra. Also, Soderberg seems to have found his legs and is working hard out there. Soderberg got a promotion. I shit on these guys alot especially Como but tonight he was good.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Someone start a thread titled "Is it time to take the Avalanche seriously?"

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Even if we start falling in the standings, I hope the games will be as fun as these first 5 have been.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Como had a good game tonight. He was skating and didnt do anything to make me facepalm. I had no issues with him going to the net the way he did that caused the goalie interference. He barely touched Berra. Also, Soderberg seems to have found his legs and is working hard out there. Soderberg got a promotion. I **** on these guys alot especially Como but tonight he was good.

Yep. Comeau has been playing relatively well. He isn't coming out of the lineup easy, in case someone was hoping for that.

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
Exciting game. Everybody played well. I particularly likes Landy’s game. Strong on the puck, taking hits to make plays, great defensively, and scored a goal. He really led the team tonight.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs ability to both give and receive passes is much improved. Combine this with better skaters and they are able to break out of the zone much better.

Both Andrighetto and Compher are sneaky fast. They are able to fly by players with the puck.

Reactions: tucker3434

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
Avs ability to both give and receive passes is much improved. Combine this with better skaters and they are able to break out of the zone much better.

This. I think this is one of the keys to their improved play. That and better relations between them.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Just goes to show that maybe Bednar wasn't the issue, but all the old decrepit "leaders" were.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Just goes to show that maybe Bednar wasn't the issue, but all the old decrepit "leaders" were.

Still very early and I think we need to wait at least 15 games or so but they seem to be doing what Bednar wants and it's working so far.

The second part of your post is absolutely true though. Those guys were a big problem regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad