GDT: Game 31: Avs @ Wild | 6 PM MT | December 20, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Has Tyutin gotten a single holding the stick penalty this season?

He is very, very good at doing it subtly and without the ref noticing but keeping a hold of the stick for a long time

#Positives

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Team must lick their chops when they look at the schedule and see they play the Avs!

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I'm not sure how much more of this cavalcade of shame I can watch this season. It's not the losing. It's how bad they look doing it. And I can't imagine it'll get any better as the season drags on and their hopes go into the gutter.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I'm not sure how much more of this cavalcade of shame I can watch this season. It's not the losing. It's how bad they look doing it. And I can't imagine it'll get any better as the season drags on and their hopes go into the gutter.
In ways this is more depressing than in the past. When the Avs were really bad in the pre-Duchene era there were literally no stars on the team. Now the Avs are terrible with several supposed star players, shows the progress we've made over the last several years.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Rantanen needs to diversify a bit on that half board. Constantly looking for a pass makes him and his teammates way too easy to defend on the PP. Take the occasional shot keep the PK honest.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
It continues to amaze me just how little chemistry this team has, top to bottom. It's like every game is the first time they've ever played together.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
In ways this is more depressing than in the past. When the Avs were really bad in the pre-Duchene era there were literally no stars on the team. Now the Avs are terrible with several supposed star players, shows the progress we've made over the last several years.

Ok, we've only won twice in our last 13 games, but Sacco went 5-26-2 under Sacco - I really hope we aren't going down that road, because that WAS the darkest time ever.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Rantanen needs to diversify a bit on that half board. Constantly looking for a pass makes him and his teammates way too easy to defend on the PP. Take the occasional shot keep the PK honest.

The PP sucks. Rantanen has the puck on the half-wall so teams load up down low and in the middle of the ice, because they know 1) He won't shoot, and 2) He wants to go to those two areas since Barrie can't shoot.

They need to stick someone in the slot who is a left shot to work it ala Henrik and Daniel with the shot-pass. It'll at least keep PK'ers honest if you aren't going to outright shoot from the half-wall.

I also don't know how wise it is to entrust a 1st year NHL player with QB'ing the PP from the half-wall.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The PP sucks. Rantanen has the puck on the half-wall so teams load up down low and in the middle of the ice, because they know 1) He won't shoot, and 2) He wants to go to those two areas since Barrie can't shoot.

They need to stick someone in the slot who is a left shot to work it ala Henrik and Daniel with the shot-pass. It'll at least keep PK'ers honest if you aren't going to outright shoot from the half-wall.

That should be Landeskog in the slot for that play. The same way the Oilers use Draisatl at times on the PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad