Pre-Game Talk: Game 2: Leafs @ Bruins - Show some urgency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yosho

Logic
Mar 30, 2010
Kitchener, ON
I can't remember the last time this team competed hard for the entire game. They need to give'r for a full 60 minutes tomorrow night.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I can't remember the last time this team competed hard for the entire game. They need to give'r for a full 60 minutes tomorrow night.

It's been awhile that we dominated a full 60 minutes for sure.

Even in our wins against the Panthers and the Sens near the end of the season, we didn't dominate throughout the game and had some moments of letting go.

Unfortunately, I doubt the trend will be broken against Boston. The only thing we can hope for is to capitalize on our chances and not look like a pee-wee team when making passes.

Yosho

Logic
Mar 30, 2010
Kitchener, ON
It's been awhile that we dominated a full 60 minutes for sure.

Even in our wins against the Panthers and the Sens near the end of the season, we didn't dominate throughout the game and had some moments of letting go.

Unfortunately, I doubt the trend will be broken against Boston. The only thing we can hope for is to capitalize on our chances and not look like a pee-wee team when making passes.

I don't even need domination. Momentum will shift back and forth. I would just like to see 60 minutes of good, solid effort. Three full periods of consistent hockey, playing the system that was so successful early on.

Lately, it's been 10 minutes of solid defensive hockey, and then 10 minutes of pinching defensemen without support. Major brain farts all over the ice.

Keep it simple, stupid.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
watching sportscenter; maurice, dregs, and that other dude said they were all very impressed with the practice this morning.

said we worked on puck pursuit, and our transition game.

thats positive news

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
watching sportscenter; maurice, dregs, and that other dude said they were all very impressed with the practice this morning.

said we worked on puck pursuit, and our transition game.

thats positive news

Maybe they have shaken off first game jitters and RC drove home the message that time to fool around is over?

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
If we limit the giveaways, this series is not as hard as people think. Just simple things and we can take them. I think the majority of the issue is mental. This will be a big test for RC as to how he handles their mindset, especially phil's

Warrior16

Apr 30, 2010
Complete Shake-up?

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Frattin
MacA-Grabo-Kulemin
McLaren-McClement-Hamilton

Phanuef-Gunnarson
Liles-O'Bryne
Gardiner-Franson

Reimer
Scrivens

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Complete Shake-up?

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Frattin
MacA-Grabo-Kulemin

Phanuef-Gunnarson
Liles-O'Bryne
Gardiner-Franson

Reimer
Scrivens

My only change...Orr over McLaren, otherwise....i like it.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Complete Shake-up?

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Frattin
MacA-Grabo-Kulemin

Phanuef-Gunnarson
Liles-O'Bryne
Gardiner-Franson

Reimer
Scrivens

Orr over McLaren and Komarov over Hamilton.

As an aside

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 3m

Drew MacIntyre called up on emergency from Marlies as Ben Scrivens attends funeral. Expected back for tomorrow

Warrior16

Apr 30, 2010
Completely forgot Leo my bad! Maybe a Komarov-McClement-Hamilton 4th line, though Orr and McLaren did provide some decent energy last game.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Completely forgot Leo my bad! Maybe a Komarov-McClement-Hamilton 4th line, though Orr and McLaren did provide some decent energy last game.

Whatever line Orr is on can cycle. Its been consistent all season. When none of other lines can get anything going, his line goes out and at least gets offensive zone time.

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
Complete Shake-up?

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Frattin
MacA-Grabo-Kulemin

Phanuef-Gunnarson
Liles-O'Bryne
Gardiner-Franson

Reimer
Scrivens

:handclap:

Love it except Komarov over Hamilton and Orr instead of McLaren. This is a solid solid lineup. I don't understand how Carlyle doesn't see this!!

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
Miit8.gif

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
We're trying to be too fancy with the puck. Stop looking for highlight reel goals. Park in front of the net and get some dirty goals...

More pucks on net from every angle. I wish we could play half as good as the Blues did...they showed urgency against a team that has owned them for a little while.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 33s
#Leafs lines; Lupul-Bozak-Kessel, JVR-Grabo-Kulie, Hamilton-Kadri-Komarov, MacArthur-McClement-Orr, Frattin-Colborne-McLaren.

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters
Cody Franson is taking part in Leafs practice

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin
MacArthur-Grabovski-Frattin
Orr-McClement-Komarov

Phaneuf-Gunnarsson
Liles-O'Bryne
Fraser-Franson (or Gardiner depending on how Franson is feeling about his foot)

Reimer

I still kept Fraser in despite his poor game last time. He has been one of our most solid defenceman all season and I'm not going to take him out due to one poor game.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 33s
#Leafs lines; Lupul-Bozak-Kessel, JVR-Grabo-Kulie, Hamilton-Kadri-Komarov, MacArthur-McClement-Orr, Frattin-Colborne-McLaren.

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters

I like those lines except for Hamilton. Frattin needs to draw in.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 1m
Leafs practice lines: Lupul-Bozak-Kessel; JVR-Grabovski-Kulemin; Komarov-Kadri-Hamilton; MacArthur-McClement-Orr; Extras: McLaren, Frattin

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 4m

If it's Lupul-Bozak-Kessel, at lest put JVR on Kadri's line. How is he going to produce with Komarov and Hamilton as linemates? Or put Frattin in instead of Hamilton.

I liked the Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin line. Why not stay with what we had during the season? Why fix what wasn't broken?

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin
MacArthur-Grabovski-Frattin
Orr-McClement-Komarov

Phaneuf-Gunnarsson
Liles-O'Bryne
Fraser-Franson (or Gardiner depending on how Franson is feeling about his foot)

Reimer

I still kept Fraser in despite his poor game last time. He has been one of our most solid defenceman all season and I'm not going to take him out due to one poor game.

Fraser hasn't looked good for a couple of games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad