Pre-Game Talk: Game 2: Leafs @ Bruins - Show some urgency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets 22m
Phaneuf and franson man the points on the 1st unit. Liles and gardiner play with the 2nd group. Looks like jake is back in.

Fishy, why make Liles the Odd man out then use him on 2nd PP unit? maybe both gards and JML are playing?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets 22m
Phaneuf and franson man the points on the 1st unit. Liles and gardiner play with the 2nd group. Looks like jake is back in.

Fishy, why make Liles the Odd man out then use him on 2nd PP unit? maybe both gards and JML are playing?

I could see Mark Fraser getting scratched in favor of O'Byrne.

He and O'Byrne play a similar game and O'Byrne is much more experienced.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Why don't people wait until game time tomorrow night to see see who really plays and what lines and pairings Carlyle actually uses instead of over-analyzing practice combos that may or may not be what he goes with?

It's literally 100% certain that the practice lines will not be the actual lines he uses.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
It's even stupider to not practice with your line mates for the next game (barring a player not practicing for whatever reason) .
Exactly. Either way it's a dumbass decision. Does he really think it's necessary to go all mind games with Boston and mix up the lines in practice? How about making sure the players have a clue who they are playing with.

All you can do is judge the lines as they are presented. Though I wouldn't be surprised if those are the lines. I'm almost certain Carlyle is just nuts anyways.

HockeyResearch

Aug 17, 2010
I wonder if they will go with 7 D-Men and scratch McLaren. (No sense in having both Orr and McLaren), then go with Phaneuf, Gunnarson, Franson, Fraser, Obryne, Gardiner, and Liles?

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Both Liles and Gardiner should be in. I'd pair up ROB with Liles and sit out Fraser. Hopefully Franson is ready to go tomorrow night.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Fraser was one of our better d-men for the better part of the year
A couple of bad games, the way the whole team has played lately shouldn't send him to the pressbox

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
I think we should run this
lupul bozak kessel
reasoning: Lupul actually does run chara a lot in the corner, + if phil himself cant score he can make some sick passes to lupul
jvr kadri kuli
komarov grabo frattin
hamilton colbourne mac

dion gunnarson
liles gardiner
franson and bernie

Derek Synak

Mar 14, 2009
Mistake by the Lake
I would like to see:

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
Jvr-Kadri-Kulemin
MacArthur-Grabovski-Frattin
Komarov-McClement-Orr

Gunnarson-Phaneuf
Liles-O'Byrne
Fraser-Franson

Reimer.

I would love for Gards to be ready to play, but he's been nothing a turnover machine in the games he's played, and in the playoffs we can't afford to play him because of that.

Kbs

Jun 30, 2008
London ON
I would like to see:

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
Jvr-Kadri-Kulemin
MacArthur-Grabovski-Frattin
Komarov-McClement-Orr

Gunnarson-Phaneuf
Liles-O'Byrne
Fraser-Franson

Reimer.

I would love for Gards to be ready to play, but he's been nothing a turnover machine in the games he's played, and in the playoffs we can't afford to play him because of that.

I like the look of that. Maybe switch Kulemin and Frattin.

I wonder if Randy will try and roll 7 dmen for one of the games. Take out Orr and doubleshift someone on the 4th line.

JoeyBeans

Jan 5, 2013
Halifax
Franson’s status is uncertain for Saturday, while Kostka is out indefinitely and probably would not have suited up even if he was healthy. At the least, it appears that Ryan O’Byrne will replace Kostka and be paired with old defensive partner John-Michael Liles, but if Franson is unable to go, Jake Gardiner would be paired with Mark Fraser and take his place on the first power play.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Franson’s status is uncertain for Saturday, while Kostka is out indefinitely and probably would not have suited up even if he was healthy. At the least, it appears that Ryan O’Byrne will replace Kostka and be paired with old defensive partner John-Michael Liles, but if Franson is unable to go, Jake Gardiner would be paired with Mark Fraser and take his place on the first power play.

Dammit.

LeafsandSharksfan

Cero Miedo
Jan 19, 2010
Been away from the internet since Game 1 but I have to say the Leafs need to tighten up defensively. I saw it during the last part of the season, without the defense getting the puck and getting it up, it kills our possession game. Most of our offensive opportunities were on individual efforts, and that's not gonna cut it against such a tight defensive team.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Fraser was one of our better d-men for the better part of the year
A couple of bad games, the way the whole team has played lately shouldn't send him to the pressbox
It's one thing to be playing great in the regular season. However now that this is now the Playoffs and you need to win 4 games each round or your eliminated, so if changes need to be made then so be it. We can no longer say oh we will win our next game and get 2 points in the standings, because that logic doesn't apply here.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

He was at practice today (along with Phil) after they both missed out on Thursday. Of course this isn't a guarantee that he's in tomorrow but it's a positive sign.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Oh god. I seriously hope Ryan Hamilton doesn't get to go in ahead of Frattin, and I hope that Kadri line is just some sick joke.

Also, please for the love of god keep Liles in. What has Liles done to deserve getting repeatedly scratched? He's been fine this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad