Pre-Game Talk: Game 2: Leafs @ Bruins - Show some urgency

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafspring*

A funny thing happened last night. I calmly turned the TV of and laughed"that'll teach them".

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
RC is getting a bit crazy these days, sorry but fraser franson is a THIRD pairing not a 2nd one, 2nd NEEDS to be liles gardiner or we will lose. its really that simple

shibbiness

Feb 7, 2010
GTA
Anyone catch the office today? Andy used and explained the "Burn the Boats" phrase lol, I immediately thought of HFBoards.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
RC is getting a bit crazy these days, sorry but fraser franson is a THIRD pairing not a 2nd one, 2nd NEEDS to be liles gardiner or we will lose. its really that simple

This. Even O'Bryne played 20+ mins in Colorado he's cable of being a 2nd pairing. Randy is losing his mind day by day.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
if there was one positive
is they got the taste of a playoff game

am sure other games around the league were no where as tough
the Bruins are easily one of the best playoff teams

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Is franson ok ?

Bruised foot

so, TML on facebook posted what happened on Wednesday

here are some positives that i'd really like to see:

1: we beat them on faceoffs. (i'm really surprised about that)
2: 80.0% on the PK. (bless you McClemment)
3: out hit them by 7. (37 to 30)

and again. the 1 powerplay goal.
so yes. minute, sure, but :) always something good to take it out of a game, IMO.

and crikey moses dont' you all WORK or something? you make it hard for a girl to catch up! lol

hackm

Apr 19, 2007
Our problem for the last fifteen days has been simple: neutral zone turnovers.

What causes those? A poor breakout.

What causes a poor breakout? No first pass.

Why? Two or three AHL d-men in each game not having adequate skill/decision making.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
Kostka has shown this WHOLE season why he got cut by 7 teams and has been i nthe AHL since, but for some reason Carlyle kept playing him. I really don't get it :laugh:

Penalty Kill Icing*

Leafs need to man up against the Bruins like Blues did against Kings. Kings had won 8 straight against Blues and are now trailing 0-2 in series.

Having said that, Blues and Leafs are playing on totally different level. :laugh:

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
JVR-Bozak-Kessel(20 mins)
Lupul-Kadri-MacA(14 mins)
Mcclement-Grabovski-Komarov(20 mins)
Frattin-Colborne-Orr(6 mins)

That shutdown line worked great, why not roll with it all the time instead of third periods when we never have the lead to protect?
And you can't play our top line 13 minutes, that gives chara 13 minutes extra to shut down another line. Kessel needs to eat up charas minutes so our other lines can cash in.

Gunnar-Phaneuf(25 mins)
Liles-o'byrne(20 mins)
Fraser-Franson(15 mins)

Obviously times change due to pp and pk but I don't want to see Fraser get more minutes then dion. I don't care what the stats about dion say, we need him out there shutting people down. Leave the offense to the offense.

Gards in if franson can't go.

legendinblue

NHL in Seattle
Apr 30, 2011
Seattle/Europe
There will be changes.
Perhaps even a few surprising ones.
As a result, Carlyle hinted that Ryan O’Byrne and Jake Gardiner will likely draw back into the lineup, which would mark the first time in more than two weeks that both were dressed for a game.
Among the forwards, there’s a switch-up coming, too, with big bodies like Ryan Hamilton and Joe Colborne getting a long look in practice.
“There will be some changes up front†was all Carlyle would offer.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...both-ends-of-rink-for-game-2/article11692952/

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
All I know is Gardner should be playing 100%. We need to take a chance on him he can actually make a difference if he plays well.

Mojo19

Loyal since 1987
Dec 29, 2006
Nova Scotia
More shots on net would be nice. In fact, let's try to out-shoot the B's for once.
Fellas gotta stop relying on Reimer so much.

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
thought today was thursday, was wondering how i could possibly wait until saturday and what a long week of work this has been...and then boom i realize it's friday. last day of work and the buds play tommorow. :yo:

go leafs go

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
From the sounds of it, there are going to be atleast 3 insertions, probably 4 for Saturday night. The biggest Colborne and Frattin, I think Colborne can really help us down the middle, not sure who other than Mclaren is coming out, but this is a significant move.

I would also expect Liles to come out, and Gardiner and ROB coming in as a #2 unit. Fraser and Franson need to move down the the #3 Unit to where they were so great this year.

Bottom line, everyone has to play better, the 4 add ons will hopefully give us a spark, but they can't win the game singlehandedly.

I think we will play better, it's just about gaining experience, and getting back to your game.

Mcclement-Komarov-Orr on the 3rd line if Colborne-Frattin-Macarthur are the 4th. Does Grabo sit? I would be very comfortable with:

Bozak-Kessel-JVR
Kadri-Lupul-Kule
Mcclement-Orr-Komarov(played well in the Florida stretch)
Colborne-Frattin-Macarthur(same as above)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad