Pre-Game Talk: Game 2: Leafs @ Bruins - Show some urgency

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets 22m
Phaneuf and franson man the points on the 1st unit. Liles and gardiner play with the 2nd group. Looks like jake is back in.

Fishy, why make Liles the Odd man out then use him on 2nd PP unit? maybe both gards and JML are playing?

we can dream, at least.

I mean, our only win against boston this year came with both Gardier and Liles playing, surprise surprise.

maybe Randy's going with 7 dmen?

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
There is absolutely no excuse to not play Liles this entire playoffs unless he is injured.

If he sits, I've lost what little faith I have left in Carlyle.

That being said, I'm glad Gardiner is back, but it should not come at the expense of one of our better D.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Carlyle still doesn't have his lines figured?

On Day 1 (Game 1) he uses different lines, different on Day 2, something else today; and we'll see totally different tomorrow in practice and something else in Game 2.

Does he really expect to win with no chemistry?

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011

On Day 1 (Game 1) he uses different lines, different on Day 2, something else today; and we'll see totally different tomorrow in practice and something else in Game 2.

He hasn't changed more than 1 player from a line the entire year...

Penalty Kill Icing*

He hasn't changed more than 1 player from a line the entire year...

And he still hasn't figured his lines yet. The only stable line is JvR-Bozak-Kessel. After that, its anyone's guess.

I also saw weird Kadri line which I've never seen this season, which couldn't score or check.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Carlyle has had 2 practice sessions (and probably an optional morning skate tomorrow) to prepare for Saturday. If the leafs play the same way they did Wednesday, I'm giving up on this team, and this coach; Especially if he doesn't ice the best lineups possible.

GoodNHLTroll*

1 game into the playoffs, and people are already calling for Carlyle's head. This is the same attitude that ran Burke out of town...let's see the "changes" he brings in game 2 before people go all ape ****.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Carlyle has had 2 practice sessions (and probably an optional morning skate tomorrow) to prepare for Saturday. If the leafs play the same way they did Wednesday, I'm giving up on this team, and this coach; Especially if he doesn't ice the best lineups possible.

Baaaaaaaandwagonnnn.

It's okay, you can jump off at any time.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
Hey look at that; the repeat crowd is crying about the coach.... again.

What a shocker!

"I can't believe the coach doesn't follow my NHL13 strategies; what a newb!!"

Do you guys even listen to yourselves? Holy hell.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Hey look at that; the repeat crowd is crying about the coach.... again.

What a shocker!

"I can't believe the coach doesn't follow my NHL13 strategies; what a newb!!"

Do you guys even listen to yourselves? Holy hell.

Bryzgalov voice: Did you read yourself what you write, guys? Seriously, that's embarrassing :D

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011

Fans like you are the absolute worst. Just give up now.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Clearly, some posters here have never sat through a 7 game series with their favorite team.:laugh:

It used to be you would be happy with a split in the first two games. Now it looks like people are expecting the youngest team in the Playoffs to have won both. Stuff happens, jitters, bad line changes injuries. Sure it looked bad, and i was angry too, but we will see how they adapt under pressure. I have been waiting years to see these Leafs in the playoffs, this is gold. It gives management a real measuring stick of what we have here. They can't play much worse than Wednesday and if the only thing they do in this series is learn by playing against a recent Stanley Cup team then it's worth it. I fully expect the jitters to be gone and a much different team next game. They might not win, but we should see some strategy to combat the forecheck of the Bruins. This is what the coaches wait all season for as well, this is where they love their job and they are not going to just sit back and let the same thing happen.

On to game 2 already. The extra day off should just fuel the Leafs desire to perform better.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

I don't believe you, but by "giving up" do you mean you'll stop posting too. :D

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011

I think Carlyle knows how to coach a team.

mikebel111*

tell me one instance, where whenever Carlyle had a weird line in practice, and than used it in game
that won't be the line, talking about the kadri one

liles should stay in, as his mobility and exp are great for the team, hasn't done anything to suggest that he should be scratched. nice to see gardiner back in

final thought, guys asking for randy's head, typical bandwagoners, leave whenever u want to, we don't really care

leafstilldeath*

Exactly what I mean. Keep the Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin or make a JVR-Kadri-Frattin line.

I agree!!!

It should be:

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Kadri-Frattin
Mac-Grabo-Kuli (The KGM Line)
Komorv-JayMc-Orr

Or tweaking a bit

top 2 lines as is

JayMc-Grabo-Kuli

Komorov-Colborne-Orr

I really wanna see the KGM line though....

Lets go LEAFS

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Clearly, some posters here have never sat through a 7 game series with their favorite team.:laugh:

It used to be you would be happy with a split in the first two games. Now it looks like people are expecting the youngest team in the Playoffs to have won both. Stuff happens, jitters, bad line changes injuries. Sure it looked bad, and i was angry too, but we will see how they adapt under pressure. I have been waiting years to see these Leafs in the playoffs, this is gold. It gives management a real measuring stick of what we have here. They can't play much worse than Wednesday and if the only thing they do in this series is learn by playing against a recent Stanley Cup team then it's worth it. I fully expect the jitters to be gone and a much different team next game. They might not win, but we should see some strategy to combat the forecheck of the Bruins. This is what the coaches wait all season for as well, this is where they love their job and they are not going to just sit back and let the same thing happen.

On to game 2 already. The extra day off should just fuel the Leafs desire to perform better.
Generally you'd be happy to split the first two games for sure. But that's assuming the Leafs looked like a team that could split the first two games. If they lost in OT or something there wouldn't be nearly this much chaos. But they looked more like a team that needed a miracle to not get swept rather than a team that could split the first two games of a series. Certainly can only go upwards from the previous game.

Will just have to hope the team can pull themselves together and show a bit of pride out there. Take a couple days to shake it off and try to find the game they've been missing for a few weeks now.

Also, not at all about your post but kind of disappointed with the behavior of some of the other posters. Mostly the ones telling people to get out if they have a contrary opinion to theirs. No one has the right to tell everyone what a fan is allowed to be. The negative responses make up a part of this board as well. We'd all just look like idiots if only one kind of response existed after a bad or good game. If any bandwagoners were here, they would have left years ago. I very well doubt they are going to go away during the first playoff series in a decade just because it makes some people displeased. There is an ignore feature, just use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille