GDT: Game 1: Sharks @ Ducks | 7:30 PM Pacific

How can fish hold their breath underwater for so long?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PrototypeX85

Jan 18, 2011
The thing with the Sharks is that they just don't take periods off. If the Ducks don't match that level of intensity for an entire 60 minutes, this will be a short series.

Gonna have to go into game 2 more prepared.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Maybe it's a flip in playoff philosophy. This time, we'll start like **** and finish strong, sort of like the regular season.

ZzZz

Dec 22, 2017
Need to hold onto the puck longer in the offensive zone, like what Silfverberg was doing out there. Dumping it behind the net just creates a 50/50 battle for possession; but with more SJ players nearby, so when the Ducks do get the puck they have a hard time creating dangerous scoring chances. The long distance between Anaheim forwards and defense doesn't help the situation either.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
This team has always gone as Getzlaf goes. He decided tonight was a him and Perry be idiots and do nothing night - the team followed.

San Jose looked like a team ready to pkayoff hockey. Our morons looked ready for AHL preseason.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Hmm, you can't afford to take 7 penalties because this is the new NHL? I can think of lots of things you can't afford to do in the new NHL, Randolph

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
They played like they didnt care.. SJ was patient.. Ducks had some chances early with flukes.. But couldn't bury them..that always comes back to bite you..

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
You all f***ing know Bieksa & Chimera are in now for sure.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
The leadership core absolutely sucks ass, but RC and BM are huge problems in their own right.
I 1000% agree.

But there has been one common denominator for quite awhile and that is the “veteran leaders” of Getzlaf and Perry.

By the way, off-topic, but it blows my kind that overall I believe Perry will make more than Getzlaf.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Need to hold onto the puck longer in the offensive zone, like what Silfverberg was doing out there. Dumping it behind the net just creates a 50/50 battle for possession; but with more SJ players nearby, so when the Ducks do get the puck they have a hard time creating dangerous scoring chances. The long distance between Anaheim forwards and defense doesn't help the situation either.
But dumping it in is RC's only O zone strategy. He is incapable of coaching any other way. The Sharks know this so they can keep two guys down there to either out number us, or they can just out muscle us since a majority of our players either don't put enough effort or just physically can't.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I 1000% agree.

But there has been one common denominator for quite awhile and that is the “veteran leaders” of Getzlaf and Perry.

By the way, off-topic, but it blows my kind that overall I believe Perry will make more than Getzlaf.

Oh I wholeheartedly agree. In fact I was pretty much the only one on here calling those 2 out as far back as the Kings series. I just wanted to make sure to point out that RC and BM haven't put the team in position to have the best chance at success in spite of it's lack of leadership.

ZzZz

Dec 22, 2017
O well, we will ring the puck around the boards on Saturday and see what happens.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Oh I wholeheartedly agree. In fact I was pretty much the only one on here calling those 2 out as far back as the Kings series. I just wanted to make sure to point out that RC and BM haven't put the team in position to have the best chance at success in spite of it's lack of leadership.

That’s flat-out uneducated and rude.

Chris Kelly and the Wagner for Chimera trade ALONE were that of a genuis - let alone the Stoner contract or gems like trying to bring Carly-oh....

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I 1000% agree.

Maybe that's why BM is always trying to add another vetrean for the locker room. He knows Getz and Perry aren't great leaders, so he's trying to get guys who might actually be good leaders in the locker room.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
I’m always surprised teams don’t take more runs and Getzlaf and Perry. They would be brats and take penalties easily.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Maybe that's why BM is always trying to add another vetrean for the locker room. He knows Getz and Perry aren't great leaders, so he's trying to get guys who might actually be good leaders in the locker room.

A bit late for that.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012

Even if that were the case the problem is the guys we acquire don't have enough clout/rapport in the locker room to go against the guys that are wearing the letters and going to be here no matter what because of their contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad