GDT: Game 1: Sharks @ Ducks | 7:30 PM Pacific

How can fish hold their breath underwater for so long?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
You might as well put Bieksa in and go full goon squad if you're going to let Kesler play

Team isn't winning anything with a liability center playing against the other teams top players. It's embarrassing at this point

GhostOfWildWing

Jun 21, 2015
I feel like Montour was the only one who wanted to actually win tonight. Lindholm, Beauch, the young guys and even Manson all were terrible (couldn't play D, couldn't pass the puck, couldn't do anything useful). The forwards were much the same, aside from maybe Henrique.

Can't win with 2 guys trying and 20 guys who forget hockey basics.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The offensive system is so bad. There's a reason we were bottom of the league in goals despite Kase breaking out, getting Henrique, Rakell/Getzlaf's great years and it's not all injury related. There is very little designed game plan on how to attack the other teams blue line. The defenseman need to be more active pinching if we are going to have any success

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
You might as well put Bieksa in and go full goon squad if you're going to let Kesler play

Team isn't winning anything with a liability center playing against the other teams top players. It's embarrassing at this point
I`m not too big on advanced stats but:

No doubt Kes is 60% max from what he could be. But we didn`t play much Henrique line, for example. And in general, our main guys were too lazy and disinterested tonight, it`s not that Kesler line can`t put up defensively against Pavelski line.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I`m not too big on advanced stats but:

No doubt Kes is 60% max from what he could be. But we didn`t play much Henrique line, for example. And in general, our main guys were too lazy and disinterested tonight, it`s not that Kesler line can`t put up defensively against Pavelski line.

Interesting. I thought he looked slow but I could be wrong.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
This is just what we do..... next game we will come out guns blazing get up 3-0, let them back in it but still squeak out the win. That’s just Ducks playoff hockey. Only 3 things are sure in life. Death, taxes and the ducks mind f***ing their fans through the playoffs.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Ha, what a garbage game 1. Outworked, outcoached and outclassed - that might as well be the motto for Anaheim under the 'new and improved' RC. If Anaheim loses game 2 you can stick a fork into them for the season, no-way this team comes back from 0-2 with the old school moron behind the bench.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
That was such an inspiring performance that I couldn't help but break into song.

Careless Whimper

We're never gonna score again
That forward group has got no rhythm
And though it's easy to pretend
Our coach is such a fool

Should've known better than to hire a friend
And waste the chance this team's been given
So we're never gonna score again
And Murray's guilty, too

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
On the bright side, if the Sharks can sweep, there is still a slight chance Carlyle gets fired.
I don't think Kesler was slow. He just couldn't bury anything.
He wasn`t exactly slow but he looked... unwilling or with slow decisions. The Kane PP goal was brutal, Kes had his stick away from the middle. On one hand hard to blame him for being out on 3vs5 but on the other hand, I`m sure he is unhappy with his decision himself.

Kes did hit the post (we really needed that goal). And Kes`s wrestle takedown of Couture was quite hillarious, actually. Even though it ended with a penalty in the final minutes, I doubt we`d be able to crawl back anyway.
Since his injury, he has fought Toews, made drop downs like the one on Couture - he is strong on his skates. Isn`t at his top speed, but he just seems slow in some decisions. I guess it`s his agility that has been lacking?
Maybe @Janka has some comments?
I hope I got the username right tho :laugh:

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
He wasn`t exactly slow but he looked... unwilling or with slow decisions. The Kane PP goal was brutal, Kes had his stick away from the middle. On one hand hard to blame him for being out on 3vs5 but on the other hand, I`m sure he is unhappy with his decision himself.

I dunno, I think all 3 of them were uncharacteristically bad. Lindholm forgot it was 3v5 and decided to try and chase the puck out, Manson went to join him seconds later, leaving Kesler trying to defend 1v3 in front of Gibson.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Seemed like every time we had some momentum going, it was squashed by having to head to the penalty kill. Whether they were all deserved or not, have to show more discipline and I think we'll be just fine
Didn`t saw that. Our 'momentums' were very weak to begin with.
But no doubt penalties were a factor.
It looked like the team thought we could cruise through this without effort. Smartasses. But that`s why I believe the series is not yet lost at all.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I dunno, I think all 3 of them were uncharacteristically bad. Lindholm forgot it was 3v5 and decided to try and chase the puck out, Manson went to join him seconds later, leaving Kesler trying to defend 1v3 in front of Gibson.
Yeah. Almost like rookie mistakes, there were several during the game.

And that means only one thing: BIEKSA

It`s like whole team was Bieksa bad yesterday, anyway. Yes, I have now found the right words to describe the last nights game.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Ha, what a garbage game 1. Outworked, outcoached and outclassed - that might as well be the motto for Anaheim under the 'new and improved' RC. If Anaheim loses game 2 you can stick a fork into them for the season, no-way this team comes back from 0-2 with the old school moron behind the bench.

I think you've hit upon next year's t-shirt slogan at camp. Roosky will be pleased.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
How unlucky are we with such a bad coaching staff constantly :)

I am not the biggest Carlyle supporter but after seeing 2 of 3 periods, Randy is not the first name that pops in mind I`m pissed about.
I want to wait for series end before making any specific comments about Carlyle though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad