Rumor: Friedman on Domi - "The Coyotes are prepared to give him a fresh start"

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
On Insider Trading, McKenzie mentioned that if Domi is available, there are no assurances of deal. Other teams may be looking to buy low but the Coyotes aren’t interested in that. Still a high price.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
On Insider Trading, McKenzie mentioned that if Domi is available, there are no assurances of deal. Other teams may be looking to buy low but the Coyotes aren’t interested in that. Still a high price.
Yep, Chayka won't give him away after a down year. Domi is solid without the puck too, unlike Duke. I don't see him moving at the TDL. maybe this summer in a package deal.

Reactions: Jakey53

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Friedmans has been really teaching in his reports. He "hears" thing. I would not be surprised if he is scoping HF and getting some of his talking points.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
He does break some things, i will give him that...but when he reported that Duchene was traded to Nashville for Colin Wilson in the offseason on live TV, it kind of showed that he made a pretty big assumption to ensure he would be the the first to break the news.

You can really only trust Bobby. And Bob has reiterated that he doesn't hear the Coyotes are "shopping" Domi, just listening to everything on everyone. Which is natural, and Domi and OEL are easy targets to speculate on due to OEL's contract situation and slow start, and Max's poor year.

I don't think Domi will be traded.

RABBIT

Dunno about Friedman but Bob McKenzie famously does. Of course he hasn't logged in for about 8 years after he called someone an assclown (when Bob Calls someone an assclown it's not flaming) but hey.
He still gives HF shoutouts on occasion :P

Sniper don't lie you would've hit Bobbo with a hard infraction. You savage

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Player has a poor year in a contract year. Doesn't believe AZ will offer a premium. Agent leaks info to media about a fresh start.

Bingo! In honesty there should be no untouchables on this team, but I don't see them trading Domi. I just want them to stay the course and not make a panic trade, and reading what Chayka has said they won't, but you never say never.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Bingo! In honesty there should be no untouchables on this team, but I don't see them trading Domi. I just want them to stay the course and not make a panic trade, and reading what Chayka has said they won't, but you never say never.
Agent chatting with teams. Teams talk to Friedman. Chayka talks with McKenzie. That’s my read.

Reactions: _Del_

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This is what happens when u sit in arena purgatory for a decade. This franchise can't move forward until they figure it out. I don't blame Chayka here. I blame the NHL for allowing this farce to drag on for a friggen decade. I apologize to all Coyote fans for even thinking this because the notion of losing your team is one of the worst feelings in the world. It truly is. I don't wish it upon you but those of us who aren't local but who have been loyal are unbelievably frustrated. The whole point of leaving for AZ from Winnipeg was the team could finally be a "have team". Instead it's worse than it ever has been.

I agree, but with AB buying out AL and company it was suppose to be much better and we would finally have stability. Unfortunately, it's our inexperienced owner who is the problem now.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I agree, but with AB buying out AL and company it was suppose to be much better and we would finally have stability. Unfortunately, it's our inexperienced owner who is the problem now.

Actually Jakey... it’s probably far better off now more than ever.

I know you won’t be able to grasp that concept because most of it is happening behind the scenes, but there were obvious clashes going on between certain membera within IA and Barroway. You had one IA member install himself as President of hockey ops who admitted he didn’t have a clue and created a position for the head coach that put him above the GM, who is supposed to be his boss.

And it was IA who put this franchise in its current dilemma by handing Glendale their opening to have that juicy lease cancelled on a silver platter.

With Barroway as sole owner you don’t have that chaos anymore. The real unanswered question is if Barroway has structured his debt to where he can at least hold his own for the next 2-3 years it’s going to take to get another arena secured. Without that nothing else is going to matter.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Actually Jakey... it’s probably far better off now more than ever.

I know you won’t be able to grasp that concept because most of it is happening behind the scenes, but there were obvious clashes going on between certain membera within IA and Barroway. You had one IA member install himself as President of hockey ops who admitted he didn’t have a clue and created a position for the head coach that put him above the GM, who is supposed to be his boss.

And it was IA who put this franchise in its current dilemma by handing Glendale their opening to have that juicy lease cancelled on a silver platter.

With Barroway as sole owner you don’t have that chaos anymore. The real unanswered question is if Barroway has structured his debt to where he can at least hold his own for the next 2-3 years it’s going to take to get another arena secured. Without that nothing else is going to matter.

I understand there were clashes between AB and IA, but what I'm talking about now is organizational mistakes. Most owners have experienced people running their organization of this size, and if anything, AB should have recognized the importance of this from his time with IA. AB came in and was hands on and I'm willing to bet he instructed Chayka what to do on many of those decisions. I could care less about AB and the way he has structured his debt, because if he can't handle it, the NHL will find another owner. The team is not leaving.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I understand there were clashes between AB and IA, but what I'm talking about now is organizational mistakes. Most owners have experienced people running their organization of this size, and if anything, AB should have recognized the importance of this from his time with IA. AB came in and was hands on and I'm willing to bet he instructed Chayka what to do on many of those decisions. I could care less about AB and the way he has structured his debt, because if he can't handle it, the NHL will find another owner. The team is not leaving.

Sounds to me like 1) You don’t really know where problem lie so you simply lump it all together.... and 2) you’ve deluded yourself into believing that the other 30 owners are going to continue to allow this franchise to drag their bottom lines down forever.

Reactions: Yandover and _Del_

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Sounds to me like 1) You don’t really know where problem lie so you simply lump it all together.... and 2) you’ve deluded yourself into believing that the other 30 owners are going to continue to allow this franchise to drag their bottom lines down forever.

Think what you want. I have no idea where the problem is, just like you. In fact, I'm not sure if the management knows what the problem is.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Well, just to respond to some the ideas thrown out in this thread as well... IF Domi asked for a trade, the Yotes do not have to do that at all. Do what Tampa Bay did with Drouin... play hardball. This team can't afford to let their prospects walk away whenever they feel like it. They need to do a good job developing them, and the prospects need to do a good job playing for the team.

If Domi asked for a trade or wants some bs contract, then let him sit. His value has already dropped from this year's performance so the drop isn't as bad as it would have been. Either he plays to his best and raises his value or he can sit out and not play NHL hockey until the Yotes no longer control his rights. That's the way the team should deal with a trade demand from him if it does indeed occur.

But I don't hold toooo much value to this new rumor yet. Just gets a bit annoying hearing it over and over.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Well, just to respond to some the ideas thrown out in this thread as well... IF Domi asked for a trade, the Yotes do not have to do that at all. Do what Tampa Bay did with Drouin... play hardball. This team can't afford to let their prospects walk away whenever they feel like it. They need to do a good job developing them, and the prospects need to do a good job playing for the team.

If Domi asked for a trade or wants some bs contract, then let him sit. His value has already dropped from this year's performance so the drop isn't as bad as it would have been. Either he plays to his best and raises his value or he can sit out and not play NHL hockey until the Yotes no longer control his rights. That's the way the team should deal with a trade demand from him if it does indeed occur.

But I don't hold toooo much value to this new rumor yet. Just gets a bit annoying hearing it over and over.
Agreed. The Coyotes own him, let him sit if he plays hard ball, he has next to zero rights.

Reactions: Jakey53

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Yeah, that approach has really helped the franchise move forward to this point. That'll clean our reputation with young players right up. Maybe throw in an Oprah reference to really drive it home how much respect you have for your players.

"It was a tough situation, not only for myself, but a couple of other guys..."

That doesn't spell trouble at all. Keep treating 'em like dirt and rubbing their noses in ****. We've got all the leverage, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: CC96

RABBIT

Yeah, that approach has really helped the franchise move forward to this point. That'll clean our reputation with young players right up. Maybe throw in an Oprah reference to really drive it home how much respect you have for your players.

3SmkjDu.gif

Reactions: _Del_

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
She's lovely.
GMDM on Turris: "He can stay at home and watch ‘Oprah.'"

Probably hasn't helped our image as a premier destination for young players careers. Especially when we keep making the same mistakes.

Reactions: RABBIT

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Players who have 1 down season but clearly are putting out the effort don't need a new start, just an off season to reset. Players, like Duclair, who grow stale and don't put out the effort need a new start.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Daniel Briere. We just made sure to trade him for Chris Gratton the moment he was about to become a perpetual all star.
Ouch. I remember feeling like I got kicked in the stomach when that trade went down.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00