Rumor: Friedman on Domi - "The Coyotes are prepared to give him a fresh start"

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I think trading Strome is going to come back and bite us. We aren't a contender, no need to make a panic move at this time.

Agreed, Especially with the team seemingly playing better. Jettison the waste and keep the quality.

Wennberg is an attractive piece for Domi though should it actually materialize. I wonder what we would have to add to Domi to get Wennberg AND Jenner.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Agreed, Especially with the team seemingly playing better. Jettison the waste and keep the quality.

Wennberg is an attractive piece for Domi though should it actually materialize. I wonder what we would have to add to Domi to get Wennberg AND Jenner.
An additional Domi.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I thought about Strome+Domi for Wennberg+Jenner but I really don't see Columbus going for that. Not even if we had Rieder. Probably not even if we add Rieder and the Minnesota 2nd.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Perhaps I'm missing something important, but I just don't see how trading Domi could work out in the Coytotes' favor. This team is in desperate need of a 1C. We have budding top 6 wings in Keller, Perlini, Fischer, and down on the farm, Merkely. Our D seems to be set. We won't get a 1C by trading Domi, or Domi +. We'll get another second line forward. I'm not in favor of rearranging the deck chairs. I would keep Domi and expect a better season next year.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Of course they should keep Domi over trading him. Even if you think he's busting out of the league like Duclair, I cannot imagine his value being very high. And then there's the "he's only 22 and has shown dynamicism before it was vampires out of him"-angle. Plus all the marketing around him. Why would you trade this player and make him available right now? Zero reason unless he's asked for a fresh start.

Reactions: Yandover

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Rieder for a 2nd, Panik for a 3rd and Schenn for a 4th. All the Filip Westerlunds, Cam Crottys and Nate Schnarrs you can shake a stick at at!

Trading Panik and Rieder opens a spot for Crouse next year in the bottom six.

Trading Domi does hurt our LW depth heavily.

My guess is if we trade Domi for a center, Strome mans the LW next year.

If Domi does indeed get traded, it better be for something good. Personally, I think Gambo is full of shit. Maybe Max denied joining his show and he got butt hurt. Then I go back to what duke said about others being unhappy here and it completely makes sense that Max is one of them haha

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
How about we start trying to earn the trust and dedication of the players instead of just trying to trade them? Domi is a heart and soul kind of guy every team needs. If he's disgruntled, why not try to win him back to our side? You can't trade everyone. Who gives a f*** if Rinaldo is easier to manage. He can't play! Domi is the guy you want to go to war with. Get that guy to buy in to your system and he'll lead the rest of the pack. I'm tired of this lazy "get them out of here" attitude. We had enough of that in the past. Once again, we lack experience and leadership on and off the ice to help in these situations.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
How about we start trying to earn the trust and dedication of the players instead of just trying to trade them? Domi is a heart and soul kind of guy every team needs. If he's disgruntled, why not try to win him back to our side? You can't trade everyone. Who gives a **** if Rinaldo is easier to manage. He can't play! Domi is the guy you want to go to war with. Get that guy to buy in to your system and he'll lead the rest of the pack. I'm tired of this lazy "get them out of here" attitude. We had enough of that in the past. Once again, we lack experience and leadership on and off the ice to help in these situations.
Why don't we just relax a bit and see what happens. We have no idea what is happening. Some big mouth in Canada starts a rumor and you all take it as fact, and you guys always take the side of the players and make it sound as if they can do no wrong. How about Domi earning the trust of the coaches instead of the other way around. One season does not make a career. Domi has not improved from his first year. Again, time for the player to step it up. I like Domi and I don't think he will be traded.

Reactions: cobra427

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Why don't we just relax a bit and see what happens. We have no idea what is happening. Some big mouth in Canada starts a rumor and you all take it as fact, and you guys always take the side of the players and make it sound as if they can do no wrong. How about Domi earning the trust of the coaches instead of the other way around. One season does not make a career. Domi has not improved from his first year. Again, time for the player to step it up. I like Domi and I don't think he will be traded.
Jakey, thats an adult way of thinking:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->