Rumor: Friedman on Domi - "The Coyotes are prepared to give him a fresh start"

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Also, Domi is an entitled cancer with no hockey sense, so we'll be glad to see him gone. He only has four goals afterall despite playing out of position with Sticky players like Rinaldo on his wing. If he was a better player, he'd be playing with better players not on the third line.
We'll probably do better with another dedicated 3rd liner who isn't obsessed with his career, development or potential -- or better yet a sticky guy who knows we're the last thing between him and riding the buses in the AHL or Europe. Those guys bring the most try. And think of the money we'll save!

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Also, Domi is an entitled cancer with no hockey sense, so we'll be glad to see him gone. He only has four goals afterall despite playing out of position with Sticky players like Rinaldo on his wing. If he was a better player, he'd be playing with better players not on the third line.
We'll probably do better with another dedicated 3rd liner who isn't obsessed with his career, development or potential -- or better yet a sticky guy who knows we're the last thing between him and riding the buses in the AHL or Europe. Those guys bring the most try. And think of the money we'll save!
So about the claim that he asked for a trade?? Care to provide some evidence?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Don't forget OEL as well.

The organization is making it really easy to not care about them on any level. Just a total disregard for any sort of plan to be competitive.

You have been saying that for years. Don't let the door hit you and the way out.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You know better than ask Del that. He doesn't have any evidence what so ever. Most his posts are fabricated but tries to make them sound like fact.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Just reading the tea leaves, the same way I read them last year when I said Duke wanted out. You guys said the same things then.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Just reading the tea leaves, the same way I read them last year when I said Duke wanted out. You guys said the same things then.
I'm not you guys, I thought the Coyotes should have rid themselves of Duke long ago. Domi is a different story though.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I'm not you guys, I thought the Coyotes should have rid themselves of Duke long ago. Domi is a different story though.

Agreed. Duke wanted out and you could sense it.

Domi is the face of the franchise. I don’t think he wants out

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Agreed. Duke wanted out and you could sense it.

Domi is the face of the franchise. I don’t think he wants out
Why on earth would you be willing to trade the 22 year old face of the franchise in the midst of his worst campaign to date to give him a fresh start? His name keeps getting brought up for a reason.

Sources: "He's available/looking to move"
Chayka: "No, no. He's a key piece, but of course I'd move him for the right offer"

Chayka sits on him hoping to either change his mind or increase his value because he doesn't like the offers.

Agent finally leaks request to media and forces his hand.

That played out for over a year last year -- with Duke.

Now Duke mentions "a couple other guys" post-trade. Suddenly, Domi's name is popping up. Rinse, repeat. We passed "available" and we're now at "prepared to give him a fresh start". Why would the team be "prepared" to trade the face of their franchise. The skilled 22 yr old player on a rebuilding team. Why would his name pop up so often? If Chayka sits on him, be ready for the request to outright leak.
You don't say "fresh start" when the employee-employer relationship is healthy.

Last edited:

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Player has a poor year in a contract year. Doesn't believe AZ will offer a premium. Agent leaks info to media about a fresh start.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
If this happens , i hope the team moves.... Sorry for those who,live in Arizona , but this team needs to quit the mickey mouse operation and get some professionalism in here from top to bottom.

Thismismstarting to look like a normal operation here :

Keep our kids for 2 years , ruin them and sell them to the lowest bidder. That gives Keller another 2 years, Perlini nefore that.

What a joke,

If i was a season ticket holder I would be writing a letter to the owner / and gm .

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Agreed with Del.

If Domi gets traded, I’m done. Unless the piece coming back is amazing. I don’t want anything to do with this team.

They traded a player for a useless f*** in Panik. They keep trading away drafted, homegrown players.

Just trade draft picks away for vets year after year.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
If this is true what's to stop even a good young player being brought back in a trade from playing like they want out or even outright asking? The precedent would have been set.

It can't be true.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
This is what happens when u sit in arena purgatory for a decade. This franchise can't move forward until they figure it out. I don't blame Chayka here. I blame the NHL for allowing this farce to drag on for a friggen decade. I apologize to all Coyote fans for even thinking this because the notion of losing your team is one of the worst feelings in the world. It truly is. I don't wish it upon you but those of us who aren't local but who have been loyal are unbelievably frustrated. The whole point of leaving for AZ from Winnipeg was the team could finally be a "have team". Instead it's worse than it ever has been.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
If the games could start at 7:30 I would make it out to weekday games much more often.

As it is, working on Val Vista and Chandler. Live on McQueen and Warner.

By the time I get home, walk the dog, pack the kid, and hit the road it’s almost 6

Reactions: CC96 and Yandover

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
If this is true what's to stop even a good young player being brought back in a trade from playing like they want out or even outright asking? The precedent would have been set.

It can't be true.
Well, as I said in 2014:
Delstradamus said:
"But what we're doing right now is toxic. And we're getting a reputation. Everyone of our prospects is going to be looking back at Turris and Gormley and wondering if the reason they are being demoted is they aren't ready or because our coach won't play them. We can't afford that. I'd rather miss the playoffs this year (and I don't think DT can rescue this season with his guys based on the last 60 games last year plus these four -- EDM has more wins over that stretch), than burn all our bridges long-term. The only skill we're going to get in this franchise is going to be homegrown. You know we need more skill, I know we need more skill. The only place that is available is in the grooming of our young guys. If *redacted for quality control* cannot or will not, then we need to try something else."
You can't jerk around guys' careers and livelihood and expect them to just sit there and take it anymore. It's not the pre-90's lockouts anymore.

Just trade draft picks away for vets year after year.
We can't afford enough good veteran players to be competitive. We won't play youth because "we need to be competitive in this market". It's horseshit and why I said last year, they either need to figure out a plan that has a chance of success or move.

BOGO

Oct 20, 2017
There are many of us who continue to watch this unfold and silently sit on the sidelines. I know I check in to see if there is any progress being made, it is hard to completely disconnect from the team I have been following for over 20 years. I have said it before, there is a sick part of me that wishes the team would move so I would be less compelled to follow it. As long as the team stays it keeps at least one string tied to my heart. Despite what it looks like, I am not a newbie on here either, I been here on HF since 2003 prior to the site change. Not that it matters, but I hope that gives some credibility to what I said.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Doan, if you count the drafting and time in Winnipeg. He definitely developed here, because he was basically young Pyatt when they moved here.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Doan, if you count the drafting and time in Winnipeg. He definitely developed here, because he was basically young Pyatt when they moved here.
Thought of Doan and changed my wording from "this franchise" to "the Coyotes" just to be a cynical douchebag and shit on this team a little more.

Reactions: _Del_

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad