Rumor: Friedman on Domi - "The Coyotes are prepared to give him a fresh start"

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Friedman just said it on HNIC.

Didn't catch all of the details but I think he said they're not shopping him, but open to a move. More of what we've heard earlier this week.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Did Domi lose his most creative player on the team mojo with emergence of Keller? He went from being the “star forward” to second fiddle overnight. I wonder if that played a part of him losing role and therefore losing his confidence on this team. Oh to be a sports psychologist.

Reactions: Jakey53

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Or he's part of the "couple other guys" who are disgruntled...

Let's trade him to the Blackhawks

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Or he's part of the "couple other guys" who are disgruntled...

Let's trade him to the Blackhawks
If I'm Chicago GM I stop taking calls from the Coyotes as last two deals don't seem to be looking as good as you think, that team is in a tail spin and heading for the curb.

Reactions: Mosby

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
If I'm Chicago GM I stop taking calls from the Coyotes as last two deals don't seem to be looking as good as you think, that team is in a tail spin and heading for the curb.
In fairness that seems to happen with all of Chayka’s deals. He’s better at gauging value than I thought he would be in his role.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
In fairness that seems to happen with all of Chayka’s deals. He’s better at gauging value than I thought he would be in his role.
Combine that with how we over value and rarely does someone leave AZ and play better!!!

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Rinaldo has as many goals as Domi.

If they refund my jersey I’ll be okay with them trading him away hahaha
Tocc has figured out how to get the best out of Rinaldo and make almost every other player on the team worse then they were last year.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
"testing market" vs "all players are available".

This is like the Yandle rumors but on speed.

This can probably go with the other Domi thread, now that I think of it.

Eh, good to clean these things out once in a while.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Did Domi lose his most creative player on the team mojo with emergence of Keller? He went from being the “star forward” to second fiddle overnight. I wonder if that played a part of him losing role and therefore losing his confidence on this team. Oh to be a sports psychologist.

That is something I mentioned on here from the start of the season with Keller and Domi being similar and Keller pretty clearly being the better of the two.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Doesn't mean it's not the case, people do/think illogical things all the time. But that's really illogical. There's plenty of room on this team of all teams for two creative smallish forwards.
Heck the entire first month they were on the same line and had the exact same role.

Reactions: Daisy Ridley

Antonche

Jan 13, 2015
Russia, Siberia.
Domi is a good guy and a good player. He is unlucky this season. If the trade unavoidable, i would take a closer look on Ceci. Our team doesn't have a puckmovers and shotblockers as a class. Ceci could have been something like Zbynek Michalek.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
For f***s sake I would hope Chayka would not sell low on Domi. If he can find someone who will pay his post rookie year value then fine but otherwise f*** that, keep Domi and have faith he'll figure it out.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Getting him back to the wing would be a start.

Why the hell are they playing him at center if they are testing his value? His value goes down every game. I mean, I know he should shine with Rinaldo and Rieder...

I don't understand this C thing either, but if he goes back to wing there is no spot for Rinaldo orArchibald.:)

That's what we say with all his deals, it looks good on paper, yet it doesn't translate on ice.

Combine that with how we over value and rarely does someone leave AZ and play better!!!

Yup, most times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad