Rumor: Friedman on Domi - "The Coyotes are prepared to give him a fresh start"

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Well he was pretty well NHL ready, but I'll let you count him if you also remember how they told him they weren't trading him when the rumours first started and then traded him for a one-dimensional dman and Chad Kilger forever burning that bridge.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Yeah, that approach has really helped the franchise move forward to this point. That'll clean our reputation with young players right up. Maybe throw in an Oprah reference to really drive it home how much respect you have for your players.

Well, if this is in response to my comment then I will say that I prefaced my comment with "IF Domi has already asked for a trade". If that's the case, the damage you speak of has already been done. Trading him wouldn't help fix it in any way besides showing players on the Yotes that they have an easy way out if they don't like how things are going/the team is losing.

Secondly, I also added into my comment that the Coyotes also have to do a good job developing the prospects and in return they have to play well for the Yotes. Reciprocation. IF the team does that, I don't see how the reputation would be bad.

I do agree that the past record with prospects has not been great and this team needs to do better. They have dropped the ball way too many times. SO I say why not start now? Develop as well as you can and don't let your players leave if the season is rough on them. It needs to be a two way, mutually beneficial street. I sure hope the Yotes can do a better job with development.

Last point, the approach I listed seems to be working out just fine for Tampa Bay right now. The Yotes should aspire to be a potential president's trophy team, I would say.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
She's lovely.
GMDM on Turris: "He can stay at home and watch ‘Oprah.'"

Probably hasn't helped our image as a premier destination for young players careers. Especially when we keep making the same mistakes.
The Leafs have established a Robidas island for veterans they grow tired of and you think players will punish AZ for using the Agreement in their favor? You really try to hard to be the smartest guy in the room. Free Agents go where the most money is and kids love to be drafted where they make the NHL the fastest, that's two certainties. Stars are the exception.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
BSN avalanche podcast has some talk on a Domi trade. Says cost not prohibitive. Mentioned a Barrie for Domi + Demers type deal but that would likely be a summer transaction if it occurred.

Last edited:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
BSN avalanche podcast has some talk on a Domi trade. Says cost not prohibitive. Mentioned a Barrie for Domi + Demers type deal but that would likely be a summer transaction if it occurred.

Well at least there's good value there coming back as opposed to some of the dumber stuff floated around HF. But I'd be very worried about having so much $$$ allocated to the D. If that's what you can get and for some reason Domi has to go,then hey whatever. There would be some time to address it before having to pay Keller/Perlini/Dvorak.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Well at least there's good value there coming back as opposed to some of the dumber stuff floated around HF. But I'd be very worried about having so much $$$ allocated to the D. If that's what you can get and for some reason Domi has to go,then hey whatever. There would be some time to address it before having to pay Keller/Perlini/Dvorak.
I read it as Hjarlmarsson on the move as well to address need at C. I look at Howden and Tampa and am connecting a dot.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
For what it's worth, which is little, Gambo said tonight would be one of last chances we get to see Domi as a Coyote. I think he's full of shit, but I thought I'd mention it.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I read it as Hjarlmarsson on the move as well to address need at C. I look at Howden and Tampa and am connecting a dot.

Aren't they sweet on McDonagh? or do you think they'll ultimately go for the cheaper piece like Hammer?

I think he's full of ****, but I thought I'd mention it.

Probably. When Doan was on the team you'd at least have to consider what came out of Gambo's mouth even if his track record wasn't great. Now there's not much there there.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
For what it's worth, which is little, Gambo said tonight would be one of last chances we get to see Domi as a Coyote. I think he's full of ****, but I thought I'd mention it.
The other day he said he'd have breaking news after the commercial break. When they came back his breaking news was the Coyotes were eliminated from the playoffs.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
question....I just saw domi listed as a center. can he play center or is he just a wing?
edit; what would be a fair asking price/ need?

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
question....I just saw domi listed as a center. can he play center or is he just a wing?
edit; what would be a fair asking price/ need?

He's been playing center because this horrible organization is trying to destroy his trade value. It will probably only take half of what he's worth to get him. We prefer waiver fodder that can't score. Bonus points if he has a relative that's a current or former player.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I’d be okay dealing Domi and Strome for a bonfide top line center.

Problem is no one will make that deal. Domi at center is temporary. If Strome makes it and we trade Domi, we don’t have a 2nd line LW next year unless the one coming back is a LW

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm not sure I would do that deal.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
So, we lose Hjarlmarsson, Demers and Domi for Barrie and Howden. Does that make us a better team? Where does that leave Strome?

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Is the difference between Demers and Barrie really Domi, especially considering their contracts? I just don't see it.
With Florida's $560k/year retention and Demers declining actual dollar pay, that contract is just too good for a cash strapped team like ours - especially when you consider that Demers is averaging slightly more ice time than Barrie.
Demers ($3.9, $3.1, $3.1) vs. Barrie ($5.75, $6.0, UFA)
Unless Domi's side expects Pasta money or something crazy, I just don't see the need to trade him.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I dont want this much roster overhaul. It seems like it generally takes a defenseman 1/3 - 1/2 a season to get comfortable with a new system or to really start gelling with their partner. Moving Demers and Hjarlmasson really puts us back, even if we are adding Barrie.

All that said, adding Howden and Barrie are potentially better long term pieces than Hjarlmasson and Demers. The + of Domi stings though.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

So this random Twitter account is well connected when it comes to the Rangers. He had the Yotes interested in Stepan and Raanta well before any of the big name insiders did.

Also had the Yandle trade at the time too.

While this one doesn’t mention the NYR, I still think there could be something to a potential Domi for Wennberg swap.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
They really need to take Domi out of center position, he can't play there and it's hurting his development. Sacrifice a scrub and let Domi get back to growing as a hockey player.

Reactions: Jakey53

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Something along the lines of Domi for Wennberg is one of the few trades I can stomach. What does Strome think when we have three top 6 centers on the lineup? Does he immediately ask for a trade?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Something along the lines of Domi for Wennberg is one of the few trades I can stomach. What does Strome think when we have three top 6 centers on the lineup? Does he immediately ask for a trade?
If Strome looks at that group and wants out I'd be really worried about his NHL potential. That would be fairly close the the easiest NHL lineup to make at the center position.

Reactions: Jakey53

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
If the above trade happens...

If we draft F, trade Strome for D.

If we draft D, trade Strome for F.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad