Rumor: Friedman/McKenzie: Shattenkirk trying to pick his spot, and it's the Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
If I had to make a total shot in the dark, I'd say Shattenkirk goes for Sundqvist and a 1st from the Penguins if he gets traded here. I don't think Fleury would at all be involved in that type of trade, that makes a relatively simple trade overly complex.

Well you're not the GM, so you really have no say in that :laugh:

I don't but going off of what Armstrong has stated, Allen is his guy whether we like it or not.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I mentioned this on the Penguins board, I wonder if a deal could be worked out where St. Louis, Pittsburgh and Calgary swap one of their goalies, with the appropriate pluses going with that. Like Fleury to St. Louis (with salary retained probably), Allen to Calgary and Elliott to Pittsburgh. It doesn't technically have to be related to Shattenkirk, but just a thought.
DO NOT WANT Fluery. It is completely 3rd party speculation that Stl. Is looking for a goalie.

Weeks ago Armstrong addressed the situation when Allen couldn't stop a beach ball. He was committed to him then. Since the coaching change, Allen has regained his form. There isn't much of a chance they would be looking to move him.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
DO NOT WANT Fluery. It is completely 3rd party speculation that Stl. Is looking for a goalie.

Weeks ago Armstrong addressed the situation when Allen couldn't stop a beach ball. He was committed to him then. Since the coaching change, Allen has regained his form. There isn't much of a chance they would be looking to move him.

I don't but going off of what Armstrong has stated, Allen is his guy whether we like it or not.

Now these responses make more sense than just saying "the Blues don't want Fleury because I don't want Fleury". I hadn't realized that Allen started playing better under Yeo. If Armstrong is saying that they're committed to Allen, then yeah, I don't see that changing.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Don't trade Guentzel. Please.

I'd be utterly shocked for them to move Guentzel unless a cost controlled guy was coming back, and Shattenkirk isn't that.

It better be either Sprong or Vrana.

Good luck with either of those :laugh:

What are the needs in the Blues prospect pool? I think guys like Sprong or Vrana would be off limits, but lower guys like Sundqvist or Gustavsson could be fair game.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Pretty much this, but with mildly more hope for Boyd. The only real Capitals forward prospects of real note in trade negotiations are Vrana, Sanford, and Gersich.

I would put Burakovsky in there as well I terms of tradeable assets.

Honestly I wish someone would take Johannson so Vrana could take his place. :(

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I'd be utterly shocked for them to move Guentzel unless a cost controlled guy was coming back, and Shattenkirk isn't that.

Agreed. Guentzel has shown a lot of promise to throw away for a rental. I would be upset and I'm not even a Pens fan (but a Guentzel fantasy owner).

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Now these responses make more sense than just saying "the Blues don't want Fleury because I don't want Fleury". I hadn't realized that Allen started playing better under Yeo. If Armstrong is saying that they're committed to Allen, then yeah, I don't see that changing.

Thats because weve addressed it e every time the Penguin fans have waddled into a Shattenkirk thread with Fluery being a piece. We've said it and said it....doesn't seem to stick.

I can't say Pouliot+ doesn't happen....but it will suck. Honestly wouldn't be happy with either trade from Washington or Pittsburgh, but something is better then Shattenkirk+1st round exit.

Bar Down

Bar Mexico
Jan 28, 2013
Beneath PPG Paints
Personally, I think Fleury will be moved in a separate deal beforehand. And that deal will add ammunition to the offer for Shattenkirk. Because the Blues really don't need a goalie. Rob Peter to pay Paul, Rutherford.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
You take everything way too literally.

Frankly, if he had to choose between the Rangers and Devils, there is no question which one he would pick...the team he grew up rooting for and the one that has its practice facility 20-25 minutes from where he grew up.

Certainly, if the Devils were to offer him a considerably higher salary, he would have to consider it, if not definitely take it.

The Rangers are built to win now, and I see no window closing anytime soon. People say once Lundqvist is done, so are the Rangers. I just saw Bishop get moved for not too much. Bishop on the Rangers would be fine with me...

The Devils do have some nice pieces and a ton of cap room. However, they need to have some of that young core really prove themselves, and will need to bring in 2-3 big name guys before they are close to being a contender even in the division.

I didn't take anything "way too" literally.

None of the things you posted were included in the post I was responding to. I myself noted the competitiveness of the teams is obviously a factor in the decision in the post you quoted. There are a number of reasons the Rangers would be a more attractive destination for Shattenkirk. Attendance isn't one of them.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Thats because weve addressed it e every time the Penguin fans have waddled into a Shattenkirk thread with Fluery being a piece. We've said it and said it....doesn't seem to stick.

I can't say Pouliot+ doesn't happen....but it will suck. Honestly wouldn't be happy with either trade from Washington or Pittsburgh, but something is better then Shattenkirk+1st round exit.

I don't see why people suggest it (Fleury for Shattenkirk), it doesn't make sense for either side beyond fixing the Penguins expansion draft issue. If not for Armstrong's comments, I wouldn't rule out Fleury to St. Louis, but that would be a different and more complicated deal that would likely not revolve around Shattenkirk. I still think any Shatty deal ends up being a B level prospect and a 1st, so Pouliot and a 1st isn't all that unrealistic. It's hard to set a value because he is a rental and you don't want to see Gustavsson or Pouliot level prospects traded for 20 games of a player.

capfriendly says the pens are in the red while caps have about 2.5 mil cap space

Daley being put on LTIR likely lets the Penguins afford Shattenkirk. He's likely out until the playoffs anyway.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Let Pens and Washington fight for Shattenkirk at the TDL.

We'll see him July 1st.

Still think it's Rangers or Boston. This smells like Blues trying to drive price up.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I dunno if it's been mentioned but Sprong has 14 goals 26 points in 11 Feb games. Hopefully JR passes if him and a 1st+ is the asking price.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

Good luck with either of those :laugh:

What are the needs in the Blues prospect pool? I think guys like Sprong or Vrana would be off limits, but lower guys like Sundqvist or Gustavsson could be fair game.

HFPenguins thought the Penguins would have no interest in trading Despres for Lovejoy, and then deadline day in 2014 happened. HFLeafs said that they would have no interest in trading Kessel for a package that didn't include Maatta and/or Pouliot, and then July 1st in 2015 happened.

EXACTLY.

The price for Shattenkirk is clearly set at 1st + B prospect + ...

I think Doug Armstrong should also look for an offer similar in value like A prospect + conditional 2nd (becomes 1st if team signs shatty or reaches SCF)

That's the absolute minimum that Armstrong should accept in a trade. If not, then just keep him.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

HFPenguins thought the Penguins would have no interest in trading Despres for Lovejoy, and then deadline day in 2014 happened. HFLeafs said that they would have no interest in trading Kessel for a package that didn't include Maatta and/or Pouliot, and then July 1st in 2015 happened.

I never said the Penguins wouldn't trade Sprong for Shattenkirk, I just said good luck getting that. I doubt they would, and just using my words against me really means nothing. I'm not passing off my opinion as absolutes :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad