Rumor: Friedman/McKenzie: Shattenkirk trying to pick his spot, and it's the Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I don't see why people suggest it (Fleury for Shattenkirk), it doesn't make sense for either side beyond fixing the Penguins expansion draft issue. If not for Armstrong's comments, I wouldn't rule out Fleury to St. Louis, but that would be a different and more complicated deal that would likely not revolve around Shattenkirk. I still think any Shatty deal ends up being a B level prospect and a 1st, so Pouliot and a 1st isn't all that unrealistic. It's hard to set a value because he is a rental and you don't want to see Gustavsson or Pouliot level prospects traded for 20 games of a player.

<shrugs>....
Some Pens fans view Fluery to have high value and can snag a top TDL target.

As for 20 games. Lets be serious. Its not 20 games. Its so you play more then 24-27 games....and then more then another 4-7...and then another 4-7. Now your in the final dance again. Thats why you trade for Shattenkirk, not to see what the regular season finish looks like

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
As for 20 games. Lets be serious. Its not 20 games. Its so you play more then 24-27 games....and then more then another 4-7...and then another 4-7. Now your in the final dance again. Thats why you trade for Shattenkirk, not to see what the regular season finish looks like

Any other year and I could see that, but look at the Penguins division this year. Even with Shattenkirk, a 1st round loss is totally possible to the Jackets or Capitals. Is it worth the risk? Is Shattenkirk the difference between a round loss or win? I'm not sure, adding Shattenkirk makes the Penguins 2nd pair really good, but it still doesn't address all of their issues. The big advantage in adding Shattenkirk is having an actual top pair RD when Letang is playing like ass.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I never said the Penguins wouldn't trade Sprong for Shattenkirk, I just said good luck getting that. I doubt they would, and just using my words against me really means nothing. I'm not passing off my opinion as absolutes :laugh:
Well you're right about 1 thing, using your words against you really means nothing...the exact same amount they meant the first time you used them.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Any other year and I could see that, but look at the Penguins division this year. Even with Shattenkirk, a 1st round loss is totally possible to the Jackets or Capitals. Is it worth the risk? Is Shattenkirk the difference between a round loss or win? I'm not sure, adding Shattenkirk makes the Penguins 2nd pair really good, but it still doesn't address all of their issues. The big advantage in adding Shattenkirk is having an actual top pair RD when Letang is playing like ass.

We can't answer these questions. Thats up to the GM and his scouts.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I dunno if it's been mentioned but Sprong has 14 goals 26 points in 11 Feb games. Hopefully JR passes if him and a 1st+ is the asking price.

Probably not him and a 1st, unless the bidding really gets fierce. You never know I guess. We'll see how desperate teams get.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Well you're right about 1 thing, using your words against you really means nothing...the exact same amount they meant the first time you used them.

Yeah, you told me. Congrats, nothing said on this site actually means anything. Want a cookie?

So, Caps either pay a likely cringe worthy price or watch the Pens get better. Lovely.

I'd rather have Shattenkirk traded outside the division than the Penguins trade for him at this point, if that counts for anything :laugh:

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Pouliot + 1st + Daley + Conditional 2nd if we win the Cup/resign him. Does that do anything for St. Louis?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Probably not him and a 1st, unless the bidding really gets fierce. You never know I guess. We'll see how desperate teams get.

Oh they will get desperate. Hopefully some Western team gets him instead and overpays out the wazoo. Sprong should join WBS when the Islanders get eliminated or win it all. Hopefully they get swept so he goes straight to WBS and dominates the AHL.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Yeah, you told me. Congrats, nothing said on this site actually means anything. Want a cookie?

No.

I want it to be perfectly clear that the Blues have ZERO interest in Fleury and for pens fans to stop offering him. Think you can handle that?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
No.

I want it to be perfectly clear that the Blues have ZERO interest in Fleury and for pens fans to stop offering him. Think you can handle that?

I think you're saying you want to trade Shattenkirk for Fleury. Yeah, that's totally what you're saying.

I find it hilarious how mad you're getting about this, though. It's a hockey website, nothing we say here matters at all. If you don't like Fleury proposals, just ignore them instead of saying "STOP IT!!!!!". :laugh:

Also, why did you quote my post about saying good luck to a guy hoping for Sprong or Vrana for Shattenkirk to be about Fleury?

PensArmy

Feb 11, 2017
I'm probably part of the minority here but Im a pass on Shattenkirk, from all accounts he wants to be a NYR. I would like to see the Penguins keep there first round pick, if St will take a conditional pick that becomes a 1st if we make the finals, I also think he goes to the craps because it's time for them to take a chance and go for it all

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Fleury for Shattenkirk?

Awesome. Can we throw Fabbri in on that deal since we are feeling charitable? Do you have any more goalies you can send our way? Once we have all the NHL goalies signed, we'll finally be able to win a cup as no other team will have a goalie.

BlacknGold4life

Sep 22, 2014
Yeah I am sorry the penguins have huge holes?????

Dumo- Letang
Hainsey-Shattenkirk
Cole-Schultz

extra top 4 d-pair
Maatta-Daley

Holes in offense where? Bonino yeah that is a whole but not a fatal hole if he plays solid defensively.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Here's the thing...

If you're WSH or PIT, and you know that Shattenkirk is going to sign with NYR on 7/1 and you can't change his mind, do you still do it?

It makes your chances at the Cup easier.

But do you want to put out a lot for just a rental?

And if WISH/PIT are not going to trade a lot for a rental, but NYR perhaps has a better offer on the table for a "sign and trade" kind of deal...What does STL do?

Just thinking aloud, I guess.

Also, what connections would Lawton have here? Maybe STL is using him to spread info due to his past and connections?

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Here's the thing...

If you're WSH or PIT, and you know that Shattenkirk is going to sign with NYR on 7/1 and you can't change his mind, do you still do it?

And if WISH/PIT are not going to trade a lot for a rental, but NYR perhaps has a better offer on the table for a "sign and trade" kind of deal...What does STL do?

Also, what connections would Lawton have here? Maybe STL is using him to spread info due to his past and connections?

How many teams would trade a piece of the future for a Cup today? I'd venture most of them. I know most Blues fans would trade 10 years of garbage if it meant a Cup.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Here's the thing...

Common tactic in European football. Leak out that rival team is interest to either scare the real target into action or drive up the price. It could be true but I would guess it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad