Rumor: Friedman/McKenzie: Shattenkirk trying to pick his spot, and it's the Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
He turned down a pretty damn lucrative contract from Tampa.

Safe to say money isn't the driving force in his decision. I'm also pretty sure he'll want to win sometime during the duration of his contract and wouldn't be too keen on sitting through a rebuild.

Tampa isn't a 45 minute drive to his home town like NJ would be. He can get the $$$, be close to home and stay out of the spotlight in NJ. It's not too far fetched of an idea. He also played for the Devils youth program back in the day.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Yeah, I can imagine that being the fault line. No idea what Shattenkirk's situation is, but I'd imagine at his age he may not necessarily be looking for what, say, a college FA is in terms of night life.

Interesting that a poster above noted 80%. Honestly never would have thought it would be that high.

True. The Rangers practice facility is pretty close to where he grew up also. Not to mention that the Rangers facilities are widely considered among the best in the league, whatever that means.

I don't know what his situation is either.

tsquad

Jul 2, 2006
I went to grad school with Kevin's brother and spent a little time with him too - FWIW he really digs the Rangers and is also good friends with Wayne Simmonds. As a Flyers fan, I'd love to see him in orange and black.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
washington has a good amount of forward prospects available outside of vrana

theres boyd, barber, stephenson, sanford, galiev etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad