2. Sergei Bobrovsky
3. John Gibson
4. Pekka Rinne
5. Andrei Vasilevskiy
6. Carter Hutton

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
If Freddy plays well in game 7, this narrative makes more sense.

He played very well in Game 6.
Much better than Rask.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
If Freddy plays well in game 7, this narrative makes more sense.

He played very well in Game 6.
Much better than Rask.
Narrative already makes sense, it's hardly a reach to say he's the best tender since Belfour anyways, just review the list. The only other guy anybody mentions couldn't even carve out a starting gig anywhere once he left, so Freddie the best in a long long time, kind of a duh narrative. Freddie "elite" that's fair game.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Belfour had played great regular seasons for the Leafs but he only won the Leafs one playoff round.

Cujo won six playoff rounds during his time in TO.

Freddie still has ways to go.

Reactions: Tak7

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
If I was voting, my order for the Vezina currently would be:

1. Frederick Andersen
2. Sergei Bobrovsky
3. John Gibson
4. Pekka Rinne
5. Andrei Vasilevskiy
6. Carter Hutton

At 2.81 and .918? Lol.

Andersen is a good starting goalie, I have confidence in him, we can win with him.

But he's just a good goalie, he's not elite or anything. I think a lot of Leafs fans just haven't been around long enough to have witnessed a "good" goalie. We haven't had one since Belfour.

Reactions: definedMF

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
At 2.81 and .918? Lol.

Andersen is a good starting goalie, I have confidence in him, we can win with him.

But he's just a good goalie, he's not elite or anything. I think a lot of Leafs fans just haven't been around long enough to have witnessed a "good" goalie. We haven't had one since Belfour.

918 in front of that D is pretty good.

Holtby and Murray has .907 on stronger teams. Rask was a 917 on the 112pt bruins.

belfour had a .922/.918/.892 his 3 seasons on leaf teams that were coming off 100pt seasons...so yeah
leafs were a 69pt team when andersen arrived. they have 200pts in 2 seasons with him starting. just enjoy it

Reactions: The Rat King

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He needs to play like the last few games the rest of the way if the Leafs are to have a chance. There's no way he can be as bad as he was in the first 2 games and a half.

I like Andersen but he can be very very hot/cold. His month of October was awful but then November he's unbeatable.

Overall he has been a pretty good and steady #1 goaltender.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
At 2.81 and .918? Lol.

To be fair, he faced the most shots in the league. I agree that its a bit of a stretch for him to be voted #1 or the Vezina. Most certainly should be top 5 in voting.

IMO, Hellybuck is the clear cut favourite to win it.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
918 in front of that D is pretty good.

Holtby and Murray has .907 on stronger teams. Rask was a 917 on the 112pt bruins.

belfour had a .922/.918/.892 his 3 seasons on leaf teams that were coming off 100pt seasons...so yeah
leafs were a 69pt team when andersen arrived. they have 200pts in 2 seasons with him starting. just enjoy it

I am enjoying it. I just don't think a guy is elite or going to win the Vezina with his mediocre stats.

"In front of that D" is empty. This team is average defensively with above average goaltending and all the metrics show it.

Reactions: ACC1224

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
At 2.81 and .918? Lol.

Feb 21st, 2018. The last month+ of the season put a wrench in him even being top-3.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
He’s likely IS the best since Belfour, but would like to see him play more like he did last night for the rest of the playoffs than how he faired for the first five games of the series.

When he’s hot he looks unstoppable but when he’s not way too many low chance shots end up in the net

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
At 2.81 and .918? Lol.

While facing hundreds more shots than any other tender

Reactions: iSophagus

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
To be fair, he faced the most shots in the league. I agree that its a bit of a stretch for him to be voted #1 or the Vezina. Most certainly should be top 5 in voting.

IMO, Hellybuck is the clear cut favourite to win it.

I don't think I'd have him in the top 5. Top 10 for sure though which I'm pretty sure makes him easily the best we've had since Belfour. Sure he looks bad sometimes but they all do. Sure is nice to have a legit #1 goalie again!

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
At 2.81 and .918? Lol.

This, so much this. There was always comfort in net when we had Belfour and Cujo, Freddy not so much.

1. Belfour
2. CuJo
3. Andersen
4. Reimer

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Too inconsistent. I don't think he's much better than Bernier/Reimer to be completely honest. The team is just miles better than the aforementioned had to work with, and I was no fan of Reimer.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Well..the way he's played in our wins in the playoffs reminds me of Nov/Dec/Jan Freddie...that's how he has to play.

If he plays like how he did in the first two playoff games which was reminiscent of Oct/Feb/March then no he must be better.

Here's hoping he's found himself at the perfect time!

FREDDIE! FREDDIE! FREDDIE!

Just loved those deafening chants last night! What an atmosphere! Canada is made for hockey!

pulfordfan

Sep 28, 2017
Rjukan Norway
Loved it back in the cujo days, no big butterfly goalies, small equipment, acrobatic goalies scrambling all the time, leafs with cujo knocked out the flyers and Penquins in 99, Lost to Sabers in 3rd round. good ol days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad