Rumor: Flames eyeing some Sabres players, Including Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Also, I am not sure if it is a bunch of independent reports or guys all going off the same report but we need to stop with the Kane to Calgary rumours.

He doesn't fit at all with what the teams needs or with their increased importance of adding quality people to the organization off the ice.

We already have 2-3 guys who are LHS LW playing on the right side with Gaudreau and Tkachuk as our top two LW's. Adding Kane who has shown little to no ability to switch sides and with his brain dead hockey IQ levels seems unlikely to be able to make the transition it makes no sense to add him.

Plus an issue is that we don't have consistent secondary scoring, adding Kane and his 18 game goalless streaks doesn't help at all either unless the plan is to hope that his hot streaks coincide with the top lines cold streaks.

If Kane was able for free, both in terms of assets and salary he would be a god awful addition to the Flames. Having to give up pieces and potential pay him is complete madness.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Shootica

Jan 17, 2013
Utica, NY
Also, I am not sure if it is a bunch of independent reports or guys all going off the same report but we need to stop with the Kane to Calgary rumours.

He doesn't fit at all with what the teams needs or with their increased importance of adding quality people to the organization off the ice.

We already have 2-3 guys who are LHS LW playing on the right side with Gaudreau and Tkachuk as our top two LW's. Adding Kane who has shown little to no ability to switch sides and with his brain dead hockey IQ levels seems unlikely to be able to make the transition it makes no sense to add him.

Plus an issue is that we don't have consistent secondary scoring, adding Kane and his 18 game goalless streaks doesn't help at all either unless the plan is to hope that his hot streaks coincide with the top lines cold streaks.

If Kane was able for free, both in terms of assets and salary he would be a god awful addition to the Flames. Having to give up pieces and potential pay him is complete madness.

It's two separate sources - Travis Yost and Jeremy White (a local Buffalo guy). White's source on this is apparently the same one that got him early scoop on Murray's firing, so he must have some ties in the organization. Additionally, Calgary had a pretty good scouting presence in Buffalo a few weeks ago. I know the fit doesn't look perfect on paper, but the sources are certainly reputable enough to warrant discussion.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Calgary is positioning itself to be a playoff team long term. Adding scoring depth is sound practice. Kane is an agitator. Calgary wouldn't be any fun to play against.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
It's two separate sources - Travis Yost and Jeremy White (a local Buffalo guy). White's source on this is apparently the same one that got him early scoop on Murray's firing, so he must have some ties in the organization. Additionally, Calgary had a pretty good scouting presence in Buffalo a few weeks ago. I know the fit doesn't look perfect on paper, but the sources are certainly reputable enough to warrant discussion.

I guess my question is is Yosts source the White report or White himself or does he have the information independent of that?

I saw White's report earlier so I assume he has a "source" he is using and not just going off Yost I just wasn't sure about where Yost was getting his info.

Hope that makes sense.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
this comment should come with a ** they won last night to put them there without that win they do not even get a wild card spot Kings sit 2 pts back and a game in hand

If the Kings win wouldn't Calgary still be in the 2nd Wildcard spot since they have more ROW than Anaheim?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I guess my question is is Yosts source the White report or White himself or does he have the information independent of that?

I saw White's report earlier so I assume he has a "source" he is using and not just going off Yost I just wasn't sure about where Yost was getting his info.

Hope that makes sense.

White had it a couple days ago. Yost reported it independently today.

White’s report was that it might be for Kane and might be about a goalie. Yost was more forceful on Kane and others.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
You've got to wonder which Pacific Division teams are really in on Kane and which are just looking to drive up the price for their rivals. Calgary, Anaheim and San Jose are all fighting one another for a playoff spot right now. Are all 3 really in on Kane (as reported today) or are they just trying to push up the prices for the other teams that want him?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
No interest for the Flyers at the price im assuming it will cost.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Yes another qualifier in dumbest post category.

Why because it doesn't support your favorite team getting a ridiculous price for its overrated player?

Sanheim is a recent 1st round pick that has only raised his stock since being drafted. He recently didn't look out of place in 35 NHL games and has produced at a PPG pace in 15 games in the AHL as a defenseman.

How often do those guys go at the deadline for anyone, let alone a UFA with tons of questions about his on ice play and off ice personality? A guy for whom the price seems to be dropping by the day?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
If the Kings win wouldn't Calgary still be in the 2nd Wildcard spot since they have more ROW than Anaheim?

if the FLAMES did not win last night they are out of the wild card spot with only 71 pts Ducks move into the last spot in the west with the stars and blues taking the two wild card spots

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
if the FLAMES did not win last night they are out of the wild card spot with only 71 pts Ducks move into the last spot in the west with the stars and blues taking the two wild card spots

But they did win last night (afternoon).

mvp1977

Feb 9, 2018
But that didn't happen, so what you said is completely redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad