Rumor: Flames eyeing some Sabres players, Including Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I agree although I wouldn’t move Valimaki, Parsons or Dube as part of a Kane deal.

I probably agree that the Flames wouldn’t either. I could see possibly Dube, but highly unlikely. And the only reason I say that is if we got Kane and extended him, our entire top 9 would be set for multiple years.

I’m saying that, Dube is great and I don’t think he’s going anywhere unless an elite player is on the table.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Calgary isn't trading:

Fox
Valimaki
Kylington
Andersson
Parsons
Dube
Phillips

For Evander Kane. These are premium pieces and we expect premium pieces in return, which Sabres fans know Kane is not.

Do you think 33 year old, 28 point Rick Nash is a "premium piece"?? Cus he got a very nice return. Kane to Calgary probably returns one of CGY's young 4 dmen, a 2nd round pick, and a 3rd/4th line place holder, and maybe more.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
No, no, don’t feel like that at all. I’m not hiding anything, all those guys I listed are former 1st round disappointments lol. The only reason I mentioned them is because perhaps some GM would think that one of them could turn it around with a change of scenery. It’s not that Kane isn’t worth more then Fox, it’s more that Calgary doesn’t really have anything else they can add.

Anyways thanks for your feedback :)

of course brother, cheers and happy deadline day to ya. If our teams come to a deal I'd be happy to discuss it with ya later on!

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
of course brother, cheers and happy deadline day to ya. If our teams come to a deal I'd be happy to discuss it with ya later on!

Sounds good! I know a lot of Flames fans don’t want Kane, I’m not saying he’s perfect and he for sure has his warts. But we need a top 9 winger, that can skate, has size, plays with an edge and is a goal scorer. Honestly there isn’t really a single player I can think who better fits that description than Kane. So I hope it happens.

turnagainoutlaw

Apr 1, 2013
Yukon
I probably agree that the Flames wouldn’t either. I could see possibly Dube, but highly unlikely. And the only reason I say that is if we got Kane and extended him, our entire top 9 would be set for multiple years.

I’m saying that, Dube is great and I don’t think he’s going anywhere unless an elite player is on the table.

I see Dube as Froliks replacement, timing should be about right.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Kane? Can he play on his offside? I wouldn't be scared to do Fox for Kane (with retention) do you have any Left D's available or Right F's available? Cause i think those are the positions Calgary would aim for (Lhd for the bottom pair)(rhs for the 1st or 3rd line and on the PP's) since Smith is on IR maybe Lehner and Kane(are they both ufas? Will need retention on one) for Fox + a g prospect + a 4th this year and a forward prospect?

Kane UFA, Lehner RFA. Botts has already said he's willing to do salary retention and I'm pretty sure I've read he's willing to get creative cap wise. I don't know about Kane and his offside. We've always been thinner at left shots.

You can get Beaulieu or Gorges or Faulk (all LD) for next to nothing. We have a lot of LD but most range from serviceable to really bad. The RW available are Pominville who you wouldn't want for salary reasons, then a few b prospects that have bounced up and down AHL to NHL and are on the last year of waiver exemption. One or two might become decent NHLers.

Nothing thrilling at LD or RW to offer. Most would just be throw ins for depth.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Kane UFA, Lehner RFA. Botts has already said he's willing to do salary retention and I'm pretty sure I've read he's willing to get creative cap wise. I don't know about Kane and his offside. We've always been thinner at left shots.

You can get Beaulieu or Gorges or Faulk (all LD) for next to nothing. We have a lot of LD but most range from serviceable to really bad. The RW available are Pominville who you wouldn't want for salary reasons, then a few b prospects that have bounced up and down AHL to NHL and are on the last year of waiver exemption. One or two might become decent NHLers.

Nothing thrilling at LD or RW to offer. Most would just be throw ins for depth.

Gorges is a ufa or another year AAnd what us his contract? And it's not about the position of RW its more of forwards with skill and size that shoot Right, we literally have a top 9 of 8 left shooters and Brouwer as the only right shot.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Do you think 33 year old, 28 point Rick Nash is a "premium piece"?? Cus he got a very nice return. Kane to Calgary probably returns one of CGY's young 4 dmen, a 2nd round pick, and a 3rd/4th line place holder, and maybe more.

If that's the price I have to think (and pray) that Calgary says not a chance. That is way too much to pay for Kane.

I am not a big fan of Kylington or Fox but I think they have value and I would much rather move them for a much better player than Kane if we end up moving them.

member 290103

Buffalo could probably pry Baertchi and a 2nd out of Vancouver for Kane.

member 290103

Why would Vancouver trade for him now? Shouldn't they just wait and sign him in the off-season?

Well, Sven is up for contract renewal and Benning still thinks the team has a shot at a cup this year.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Big trade giving up Lehner, Kane and Larsson ( we can retain on Lehner and Kane) to Calgary for whatever good value we can extract coming our way. This sounds good to me.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
New to this thread what are flames immediate needs?

Rhs with skill and size and some speed if you want something big from us(doesn't have to have lots of skill but some)

LD that can play on the 3rd line with Stone (Kulak can be the #7 for the playoffs)

A goalie (as we're riding Rittich and Gillies who are both rookies, since Smith just got placed on IR)

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Big trade giving up Lehner, Kane and Larsson ( we can retain on Lehner and Kane) to Calgary for whatever good value we can extract coming our way. This sounds good to me.

Larsson a forward right? Does he shoot right? If he's a D that shoots right we don't need him.
I'm open to Lehner + Kane(50%) + Gorges maybe? Im only interested in Kane because hes a big pest and can score with speed even though he's another left shooting forward, what would be the ask on Kane(50%) and Lehner? Fox and Phillips ?

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Larsson a forward right? Does he shoot right? If he's a D that shoots right we don't need him.
I'm open to Lehner + Kane(50%) + Gorges maybe? Im only interested in Kane because hes a big pest and can score with speed even though he's another left shooting forward, what would be the ask on Kane(50%) and Lehner? Fox and Phillips ?
If you want kane, lehner, and another deadline piece wether it be gorges or larsson a guy you seem to have no clue about the deal becomes fox+ another piece that hurts you to give up.

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
If Kane lands in Calgary, Flames fans are in for a rude awakening about the return he'll fetch Buffalo..

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
If you want kane, lehner, and another deadline piece wether it be gorges or larsson a guy you seem to have no clue about the deal becomes fox+ another piece that hurts you to give up.

I'm more focused on Kane and Lehner, and i don't watch Buffalo play much because i always end up falling asleep while watching them, I literally put an offer for the pair of Fox and Phillips, and you didn't even have a counter, cute come back another time.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Calgary isn't trading:

Fox
Valimaki
Kylington
Andersson
Parsons
Dube
Phillips

For Evander Kane. These are premium pieces and we expect premium pieces in return, which Sabres fans know Kane is not.

giphy.gif

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
If Kane lands in Calgary, Flames fans are in for a rude awakening about the return he'll fetch Buffalo..
Why? He has broken 30G and 50pts once in his career and that was 6yrs ago. This is not a marquee talent. Not even close really.

If a rental is all that makes sense, and with the Flames depleted assets it sure looks that way, I'd much rather them target Vanek anyway.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
This website is a hockey prospects oriented community so no surprise how strongly fans feel about their team's prospects even though statistics and history show all but those drafted in the top half of the 1st round are more suspect than prospect. Calgary fans being unwilling to give up Fox is pretty stupid, the odds of Fox signing with Calgary are poor, and as a Sabres fan I'm not keen on trading for him for the same reason. At least though the Sabres are located in the same state Fox is from. Unless Botterill can talk to Fox and a good feeling he'd sign with Buffalo he's a no go for the Sabres.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Judging by most of the Flames responses in this thread, your correct.

Kane alone is going to fetch valued assets. If, as 8s reported, Calgary is indeed looking at Sabres "players", in the plural form, you can bet with salary retention a nice roster piece, future picks (since Calgary's 1st and 2nd for 2018 are gone) and a couple of valued prospects are on the table imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad