Rumor: Flames eyeing some Sabres players, Including Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Bennett + 2019 1st for kane

Then kane signs somewhere else after calgary just misses the playoffs by 1 point.

flames win a lottery pick in 2018 draft which the islanders use to draft svechnikov.

Flames then move to seattle.

The end.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Fox would be a big risk for Buffalo. He's a Harvard guy, not sure I know of any Harvard prospects not to stay the full 4 years and that means he would be a UFA. Buffalo has had terrible luck with NCAA guys - Cal Petersen jilted us, Jimmy Vesey the same and we pushed hard for Will Butcher and lost out.
The NCAA UFA's we've signed, Rodrigues, Nelson and CJ Smith were not the top tier.

SharkInABoloTie

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2016
The Heart of Darkness
Why because it doesn't support your favorite team getting a ridiculous price for its overrated player?

Sanheim is a recent 1st round pick that has only raised his stock since being drafted. He recently didn't look out of place in 35 NHL games and has produced at a PPG pace in 15 games in the AHL as a defenseman.

How often do those guys go at the deadline for anyone, let alone a UFA with tons of questions about his on ice play and off ice personality? A guy for whom the price seems to be dropping by the day?
Pretty sure he was agreeing with you and calling the previous post you quoted dumb...

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
What do Sabres fans realistically want or expect to get from the Flames if Kane comes here?

If we get Kane, I hope he plays with Backlund.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
What do Sabres fans realistically want or expect to get from the Flames if Kane comes here?

If we get Kane, I hope he plays with Backlund.

Fox is the only main piece for me that makes sense considering you guys gave all your picks away.

Bennett would be an interesting project to watch but I'd prefer to shop kane for high end picks or young defensive help than simply add bennett

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Fox is the only main piece for me that makes sense considering you guys gave all your picks away.

Bennett would be an interesting project to watch but I'd prefer to shop kane for high end picks or young defensive help than simply add bennett

I have a feeling Fox would be available, Bennett would not. Moving a LW/C with more potential than Kane who also happens to be a LW, doesn’t make much sense. We would be wanting to add Kane to what we have now.

So you are thinking Fox for Kane 1 for 1?

Reactions: Janks

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
Reeks of Kylington for Nylander

Curious what makes you come to this conclusion. Flames have been scouting the Sabres, not the Rochester Americans (AFAIK). It does nothing to help the Flames' playoff push either. Whether you like Nylander or not (and I don't), he isn't NHL-ready and wouldn't play a game on the Flames unless the roster gets severely depleted due to injury.

As for the rumors, I hope it isn't for Kane. Too much baggage when it comes to him - however much of it is true or not, there has always been so much swirling around him throughout his career, and it isn't like it disappeared since he arrived in Buffalo. I wouldn't want him on my team, and he is (IMO) grossly overrated. He has a lot of tools and no tool box. At this point in time, does anyone really believe he is going to magically put it all together and become the player that so many thought he would be? He is what he is - a solid depth scorer, and nothing more, who may or may not bring with him some off-ice issues (and potentially chemistry issues - re. Big buff and the tracksuit incident, being called 'selfish' by one or more teammates in Buffalo). I see the attraction due to his speed, physicality, shot... but he is a 40-ish point, 20-ish goals player who has only hit over 50 pts once in his career, and over 20 goals twice in his career (though if he scores another goal this season - which is likely - it will make it 3).

There is no way that Bennett is part of this (rumored) deal unless it is part of something larger. I would rather keep good teammate Bennett and wait-out his development to see what he becomes. I just don't see Kane as a valuable piece. If he was, I would imagine a rebuilding team like Buffalo would love t0 re-sign a 26 year old power-forward. Stranger things have happened, and who knows - maybe he finds great chemistry with someone on his next team and becomes that really great player. I would just hate to be the GM that trades for him, extends him, and then gets stuck with him with term and a larger cap hit than he is worth. Good luck trying to trade that until the next time his contract is expiring.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I have a feeling Fox would be available, Bennett would not. Moving a LW/C with more potential than Kane who also happens to be a LW, doesn’t make much sense. We would be wanting to add Kane to what we have now.

So you are thinking Fox for Kane 1 for 1?

Like any sensible person I'd hope for more but if the offers are only 2nd rounders from competitive teams perhaps. Sabres fans have a tough pill to swallow when it comes to college players lol. He'd be a risky target but I don' put to much stock in that stuff.

No offense but Calgary wouldn't be my first choice of teams to be a partner with for a trade but it's down to the wire so I'm listening and willing.

Your lack of picks is concerning to me. You can' afford to give up what little you have either...I get that

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Calgary isn't trading:

Fox
Valimaki
Kylington
Andersson
Parsons
Dube
Phillips

For Evander Kane. These are premium pieces and we expect premium pieces in return, which Sabres fans know Kane is not.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Like any sensible person I'd hope for more but if the offers are only 2nd rounders from competitive teams perhaps. Sabres fans have a tough pill to swallow when it comes to college players lol. He'd be a risky target but I don' put to much stock in that stuff.

No offense but Calgary wouldn't be my first choice of teams to be a partner with for a trade but it's down to the wire so I'm listening and willing.

Your lack of picks is concerning to me. You can' afford to give up what little you have either...I get that

Makes sense. I could see us adding Lazar/Poirier/Klimchuk, though I’m not sure how appealing that is to Buffalo.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Kane? Can he play on his offside? I wouldn't be scared to do Fox for Kane (with retention) do you have any Left D's available or Right F's available? Cause i think those are the positions Calgary would aim for (Lhd for the bottom pair)(rhs for the 1st or 3rd line and on the PP's) since Smith is on IR maybe Lehner and Kane(are they both ufas? Will need retention on one) for Fox + a g prospect + a 4th this year and a forward prospect?

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Makes sense. I could see us adding Lazar/Poirier/Klimchuk, though I’m not sure how appealing that is to Buffalo.

Not appealing at all. Not because I care to knock down any of your guys as players. Buffalo is going to lose waiver exemption on most of bailey, baptiste, fasching, and Evan Rodriguez next year. These are all similar players in quality and don't cost us assets to add to our roster since they are already here.

You have a plethora of interesting d prospects but with valimaki rightfully off the table none are safe enough bets (I believe fox is the real deal personally). If buffalo can turn kane into a safer defense prospect or another 1st I'd rather gamble on that.

Not to make you feel like the fall back chick lol. If those offers aren't there I take fox and whatever add i can get...

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Calgary isn't trading:

Fox
Valimaki
Kylington
Andersson
Parsons
Dube
Phillips

For Evander Kane. These are premium pieces and we expect premium pieces in return, which Sabres fans know Kane is not.

I disagree. It’s almost a guarantee if this happens 1 or more of those assets are leaving.

I think you have to say, you personally wouldn’t move those pieces.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Not appealing at all. Not because I care to knock down any of your guys as players. Buffalo is going to lose waiver exemption on most of bailey, baptiste, fasching, and Evan Rodriguez next year. These are all similar players in quality and don't cost us assets to add to our roster since they are already here.

You have a plethora of interesting d prospects but with valimaki rightfully off the table none are safe enough bets (I believe fox is the real deal personally). If buffalo can turn kane into a safer defense prospect or another 1st I'd rather gamble on that.

Not to make you feel like the fall back chick lol. If those offers aren't there I take fox and whatever add i can get...

No, no, don’t feel like that at all. I’m not hiding anything, all those guys I listed are former 1st round disappointments lol. The only reason I mentioned them is because perhaps some GM would think that one of them could turn it around with a change of scenery. It’s not that Kane isn’t worth more then Fox, it’s more that Calgary doesn’t really have anything else they can add.

Anyways thanks for your feedback :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->