Confirmed with Link: Flames acquire Travis Hamonic and 4th from Islanders for 1st and two 2nds

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Not a steal in any sense but not a bad trade either. Really contingent on this core rebounding from what was a mediocre season.

Will be a disaster if we repeat last seasons form without the 10 game winning streak.

Would be great if we re-signed Stone and still got a top line winger though!

Rinkrat

Feb 11, 2007
For a RWer, what about Vrbata? Yeah, he's 36, but he had one more point than the $7m dollar man Radulov last year and only one point less than Oshie. Oshie missed a bunch of games tho. Still...Vrbata did it on a bad Yotes team and he only cost $1m last year. He seems like a pretty good no-risk stop gap option on RW.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
For a RWer, what about Vrbata? Yeah, he's 36, but he had one more point than the $7m dollar man Radulov last year and only one point less than Oshie. Oshie missed a bunch of games tho. Still...Vrbata did it on a bad Yotes team and he only cost $1m last year. He seems like a pretty good no-risk stop gap option on RW.

I like it. One year deal. Sign Tippet as an assistant coach :laugh:

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
lgJCmtjW_400x400.jpeg

Agreed (re: Hamonic trade & BT wanting to still sign Stone). I don't care for the complaining about this trade, it is a fair deal IMO. Brodie and Hamonic is a sexy pairing, and if we keep Stone for our bottom pairing? Not only do we then have a solid six, but it also ensures that Bartkowski is either a #7 or in the AHL next season, assuming Kulak/Andersson can stick in the fall.

Love how our top four D is shaping up, it'll be icing on the cake if Tre can re-sign Stone for third pairing duties.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015

I want Patrick Sharp.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Stone, Smith, maybe Doan or Vrbata. Might as well be the Calgary Coyotes.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Congrats on gaining Hammer, when healthy he is a shutdown dman. Matched up well with Malkin a few years ago in PO, had him frustrated and off his game. Locker room leader as well. Having him in your middle pairing will make him even more prominent.

If you guys become contenders, picks will be in late 20's & late 50's (if we even keep the picks)--well worth it for a young cost controlled RHD.

Good luck guys !! :handclap:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
That's a lot to give up for a defender who'll be 4th on your depth chart. Not a fan of this deal, but I do like Hamonic. Will feel better about it if Treliving can recoup some assets at the deadline.

Guess we're going for it.. Feels a little trigger happy and premature from a team that got swept in the first round last year.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
That's a lot to give up for a defender who'll be 4th on your depth chart. Not a fan of this deal, but I do like Hamonic. Will feel better about it if Treliving can recoup some assets at the deadline.

Guess we're going for it.. Feels a little trigger happy and premature from a team that got swept in the first round last year.

Would you rather us do nothing to address the fact we got swept and get swept again?

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Love it. It's time to start competing. We gave up zero roster players and became a better team today. What are we supposed to do? Keep rebuilding? Our D cupboards are full and we have a young core up front, time to get out there and make a splash.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Congrats guys. Looking forward to Hamonic vs McDavid and Larsson vs Gaudreau.

would be amazing to truly bring back the BOA, we are that much closer to being able to compete with the oilers, and not get hammered by them next year. Hopefully we go all in, sign Stone, and bring in a solid top six RW through FA or trade.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Love it. It's time to start competing. We gave up zero roster players and became a better team today. What are we supposed to do? Keep rebuilding? Our D cupboards are full and we have a young core up front, time to get out there and make a splash.

I agree. At some point success needs to be prioritized. We built up our system a great deal since 2012, and now it's time to go for it.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Hammer's an awesome guy and player.
Happy to add him to the team. Calgary's getting a pure shutdown guy with some snarl.

The guy's been an up and down possession player, and it has a lot to do about the years that NYI are good, and the years they are garbage. He'll be a monster with Brodie who elevates everyone he plays with. He's playing with a legitimate too 3 guy... he's going to look like a stud.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
This was a good deal. The price wasn't cheap, but we filled a huge hole and no one can deny that. This was the cost to get Dougie (who's better btw), and he's going to make Brodie that much better. Now please re-sign Stone and I'll cry tears of joy.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
You guys just acquired one of the best guys in the league as a person. I loved Travis as an Islander, met him twice and he's tops. Enjoy him. Hell of a player too!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad