Confirmed with Link: Flames acquire Travis Hamonic and 4th from Islanders for 1st and two 2nds

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
If it's picks then we are really starting to stop rebuilding. We give picks away like candy on Halloween. I don't really like the asset management by Treliving lately. I didn't like the smith trade and I feel like I'm not gonna like this return.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I disagree. Player for player, if you compare the top 4, our guys look just as good IMO. I'm assuming, of course, that Brodie returns to form a little bit after his distractions last year.

Hamonic as well. Had multiple injuries and never got untracked, plus the Isles were generally brutal until Weight took over.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
If it's picks then we are really starting to stop rebuilding. We give picks away like candy on Halloween. I don't really like the asset management by Treliving lately. I didn't like the smith trade and I feel like I'm not gonna like this return.

Are you seriously *****ing about picks? We've made more picks in the top 3 rounds in the last 5 years than we started with, even with trading picks for Hamilton. We've acquired alot of picks in recent years, which makes this possible.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Hamonic is an awesome player and an awesome guy to have in the playoffs. One thing to look out for is that he will never play an 82 game season, but it is because of the great way he plays the game.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005

He is 26 though. Could be a fixture for a long time if he stays healthy. If the core of the deal is a 1st in the 20s they likely weren't going to draft a player of that caliber next year.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Could have likely gotten a similar calibre player for less in Scandella, seems like Brad paid more for a RHS, which I hate.

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
Ok, picks I can live with; Hamilton looks like a steal for pretty similar price, so if Harmonic can round back into form this really is as Meth says a step towards Legit contender instead of rebuilt mode.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Could have likely gotten a similar calibre player for less in Scandella, seems like Brad paid more for a RHS, which I hate.

Completely different style of player. Hamonic is a modern day Regehr. Maybe not different but Hamonic is a better skater and usually better at moving the puck

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
On the one hand, at least they didn't give up any top prospects/roster players

On the other, they still overpaid ridiculously in picks. Hamonic isn't much better, if at all, than Stone.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Well we now have a three year window to win the cup. Our blue line should be in good shape for like a decade.

We just gotta find some forwards in rounds 3+ now :laugh:

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Oh jeez. Looks like the management believes our Cup contention window is wide open now and we're going all in. Which is good I guess. Personally I would have preferred to use these assets for that top 6 RW (and traded for a different goalie) but here we go. Defense looks pretty damn solid!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad