Fire Travis Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Green is probably handcuffed to certain roster passengers. Handicap any Coach with millions in uselessness and see how he fares.

Good point. What is any coach going to do with Loui Eriksson for the next 5 years at 6 million? There are several others.

Calling out to fire Green 5 games into the season is pretty ridiculous.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
As bad as it is, the Canucks are playing a more exciting game of hockey right now than any time in the past 3 seasons.

Only one more thing to make me happy will make you unhappy, dump Vanek and replace with Goldobin. Then three out of four lines will have a younger player to get excited over.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Without looking at numbers We've definitely seemed to improve at zone entries under Green, also did a good job of forcing Buffalo to dump the puck yesterday but their systems were a mess.

Had to double check the Sedins minutes when I saw how dry Daniel was in the post game interview :laugh:

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
Good point. What is any coach going to do with Loui Eriksson for the next 5 years at 6 million? There are several others.

Calling out to fire Green 5 games into the season is pretty ridiculous.

people are extremely dumb, despise how fickle and impatient canuck fans are.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Have the last couple of games changed anyones mind about Green?

Cutting back on the Sedins ice time seems to have transformed this team, like they have a new identity or something...

embee

Apr 29, 2011
Pretty quiet here for the past couple days.

Virtanen just had more ice time than both twins and played his best game.
So did Boeser
Horvat led the team in ice time.

In fact the Sedins have played some of the lowest minutes on the team for the past two games, and they are playing fine. They aren't hurting the team.

After reading this thread, this is what you all wanted. So what's next?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Is Green a quality NHL coach?....too early to say for certain.....but compared to the last guy, it's like hitting your head with a hammer and then stopping....it actually feels better.

Under Willie that 4-1 lead would have evaporated...the rink would have tilted; they'd have been under siege in their own zone; and Miller would have been pelted with rubber. And even if they'd won, they'd be hanging on.....that was actually a pretty tidy third period and the Wings never looked like they were ever going to get back in it.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Alrught, I'm eating my own words here
Green bitch slaps me multiple times with some good coaching decision last few games.
Still,I want to see the Sedins off the PP

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Lol.

This is quite the thread.

I don't care if we have Stan Bowman behind the bench, this team isn't going anywhere, no point in going through a coaching parade with a team that can't do anything.

Green's major job realistically is developing the young players at this point.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Green hasn’t been a problem here, he’s working with the kids great and has even cut the Sedins ice time. Green seems to have been doing a great job with the young players.

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
I had to actually go to the first page of this thread to see if it was made in all seriousness or as a joke...

Hilarious that it was a serious thread at the time.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I had to actually go to the first page of this thread to see if it was made in all seriousness or as a joke...

Hilarious that it was a serious thread at the time.
Don't worry ..after a few losses (which are inevitable)..the Chicken Little Squad will be back out, reigniting this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad