Horvat gets replace by Burmistrov

As for Oct 24th
I'm eating my own words here
Green has bitch slaps me with some smart coaching decisions
Still want to see the Sedins off the PP though

Last edited:

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Not defending Green, but I was under the impression the PP personnel and formation falls under the scope of Newell Brown.

Burmistrov on the PP over Horvat is not something I agree with and the fact that the top unit doesn't have a RH shot is... Interesting.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Travis Green is either a young Alain Vigneault or a young Dallas Eakins....but only time will tell.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
It's obviously an organizational problem. Benning/Linden's fingerprints are all over the deployment and player usage tactics.

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
There is NO DIFFERENCE

We may as well have kept Wille

The good news is, I don't see any way that this management team makes it to Christmas,

Taking Horvat off the PP, benching Brock to humble him (when he didn't need humbling)

Green REALLY reminds me of Eakins

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I'm fine with him benching Bo if he doesn't feel he's playing well on the PP but the Sedins were atrocious on the PP and are still together on unit 1. That's an obvious double standard and Horvat isn't even a rookie.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
So sad that so soon he needs to be fired. But he has to be. Hes allready out of control

PP1

Baertchi Horvat Boeser
De Zotto Granny

PP2

Sedin Sedin Vanek
Hutton Whoever

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Not that I love Green's handling of vets, but I absolutely hate when Willie D's incompetence is over-simplified to just 'playing veterans over rookies', which is something that a lot of coaches can be guilty of. He's awful in so many more egregiously baffling ways than just that.

Calling Green the equivalent of Desjardins excuses too much of what Desjardins fails at.

I'll start drawing the comparison when Green forgets how to line match and starts giving bat-**** crazy and completely nonsensical reasoning for every stupid decision he makes.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Starting to think that the only reason Green played rookies in the first place in Utica is because he had to due to the Veteran rules.

Not that I love Green's handling of vets, but I absolutely hate when Willie D's incompetence is over-simplified to just 'playing veterans over rookies', which is something that a lot of coaches can be guilty of. He's awful in so many more egregiously baffling ways than just that.

Calling Green the equivalent of Desjardins excuses too much of what Desjardins fails at.

I'll start drawing the comparison when Green forgets how to line match and starts giving bat-**** crazy and completely nonsensical reasoning for every stupid decision he makes.

Both are average AHL coaches.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
That 5 on 3 PP was soooooooooo embarrassing.

Even the announcers were like WTF.

Sedins start the PP and Boeser draws a penalty after 40 seconds.
Then he leaves the sedins out???? They are 37 they can't handle 2 straight minutes, and surprise surprise the PP ended and calgary scored immediately after.

You cannot coach like that.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
if the sedins stay as the pp first unit i will be sad.

otherwise i like those lines. finally a true killer b line. that is a big opportunity for burmistrov.

i think that green had to mix up horvat. he's feeling the pressure of that contract and not passing. boeser needs a centre who will pass, and baertschi is struggling.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
This team does not have the personnel to form an effective powerplay, it's not gonna happen. But using two D men is just cowardly coaching. You gotta have four forwards, especially when you already can barely gain the zone.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Not defending Green, but I was under the impression the PP personnel and formation falls under the scope of Newell Brown.

Burmistrov on the PP over Horvat is not something I agree with and the fact that the top unit doesn't have a RH shot is... Interesting.

Yeah. I have no real affinity for Travis Green; thought this was likely going to be a frustrating rerun of many of the annoying idiosyncrasies of WillieD, and some of that is already seemingly starting to rear it's ugly head...But the whole Special Teams focus of this tangent seems to fall a lot more directly under the purview of "Fire Newell Brown" to me.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
This team does not have the personnel to form an effective powerplay, it's not gonna happen. But using two D men is just cowardly coaching. You gotta have four forwards, especially when you already can barely gain the zone.

if he had any courage he's play 6 forwards all the time and ban skating backwards.

Fork

Mar 7, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
this team sucks regardless of who is coach, i didnt think willie D was the problem, and i dont think travie G is the problem now

the problem is ownership, benning, and linden. oh lets rebuild, but sign an over the hill vanek, tweener gagner, and a bunch of veteran plugs

Reactions: old ted

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
That 5 on 3 PP was soooooooooo embarrassing.

Even the announcers were like WTF.

Sedins start the PP and Boeser draws a penalty after 40 seconds.
Then he leaves the sedins out???? They are 37 they can't handle 2 straight minutes, and surprise surprise the PP ended and calgary scored immediately after.

You cannot coach like that.
This team will be stale with the twins in the line up..
It only will get better after they are gone.i have loved what they have done for this team,and city.They are not 20 year olds any more.It time for this team to cut ties.

Reactions: ehhedler and dwarf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->