Fans raise money to put up anti-Garth billboard outside Barclays

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
You can literally make a case that Doug Weight is the worst coach to ever be behind an NHL bench, and they are going to bring him back. If they announce him and Garth are coming back I'm calling my rep to cancel my season tickets and to demand back every penny I've given them because L&M will have shown they have nothing but contempt for every single soul who gives a shit about this team. They are a couple of goddamned slumlords.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
I literally posted that weeks ago. Half-joking of course, but would not surprise me at all of Snow came online (directly or indirectly) to post infantile propaganda to paint himself in a good light.

He'd have to learn how to use a computer first and given that he still uses a sundial, a chalkboard and an abacus for most of his daily management, I'd think it might be a while before anyone can be safely, confidently accused of being Garf's online alter ego.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
As a fan of this team, when was the last time you felt going into the season they had a legitimate shot at winning? Not a playoff spot, winning the whole thing? Mid-eighties?
We all know the ownership debacles

when Ledecky goes on his media tour and keeps saying the goal is to win the fifth cup, but hockey people are saying they feel ownership doesn’t want to move on from Snow, how can you not feel that the team is just being used as a real estate venture?

My fear the moment they announced the Belmont stadium was to confirm that, because the arena was being built without public funds, increasing the value of the franchise and stadium tremendously.

Given how little the new owners have appeared publicly makes me think this is totally a private equity flip; put in some money, take a massive dividend (i.e, financed by a loan from a bank after the stadium ground is broken), then put that sum into another business venture.

I believe that's how these guys might have made their wealth, so this would simply be a continuation of that process. Worked wonders for Toys'r'Us and so many other companies the cancer of private equity has touched.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
Look at the team's ownership since the 1980s, including pickett. They've either been outright criminals or incompetents who had no business buying a sports franchise. There is clearly a problem with the team and its financial structure because in 2018, most pro sports franchises attract a ton of suitors on the rare instances they become available. Are they the Cowboys? No, but that so few people ever came forward to purchase the team when Wang opened his auction process proved to me there were some core problems about the team.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Yes.

If you’re afraid that firing Snow would upset the 12 years of sideways results then by all means keep him.

Some people SAY they want the Isles to win a Cup, but really they secretly want their team to suck so they have a justification for their complaining.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
You can literally make a case that Doug Weight is the worst coach to ever be behind an NHL bench, and they are going to bring him back. If they announce him and Garth are coming back I'm calling my rep to cancel my season tickets and to demand back every penny I've given them because L&M will have shown they have nothing but contempt for every single soul who gives a **** about this team. They are a couple of goddamned slumlords.

Respect. And I hope that every single season ticket holder does exactly the same. I would never get season tickets under wang so I didn't have them, but I did voice my strong opinion to both L&M via a letter.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
My fear the moment they announced the Belmont stadium was to confirm that, because the arena was being built without public funds, increasing the value of the franchise and stadium tremendously.

Given how little the new owners have appeared publicly makes me think this is totally a private equity flip; put in some money, take a massive dividend (i.e, financed by a loan from a bank after the stadium ground is broken), then put that sum into another business venture.

I believe that's how these guys might have made their wealth, so this would simply be a continuation of that process. Worked wonders for Toys'r'Us and so many other companies the cancer of private equity has touched.

But what would be the point of Ledecky doing this PR campaign about the Isles winning the fifth Stanley Cup when they could've easily gotten the same Belmont deal without that?

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Taken with a grain of salt...

Thanks for posting that. Not a reflection on you, but my immediate reaction is: they were offered a private meeting with the owner about their demand that the GM be fired, and they declined? :huh: :skeptic:

Reactions: Lek

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Taken with a grain of salt...

Grain of salt indeed, unless something more official was produced I can't believe it 100%. They have a reason to lie or embellish a story given what their billboard is about.

denis5

Mar 13, 2007
Thanks for posting that. Not a reflection on you, but my immediate reaction is: they were offered a private meeting with the owner about their demand that the GM be fired, and they declined? :huh: :skeptic:
Yeah, everything else aside, you turn down a chance to take your case right to the owner? That would have been 1000 percent more effective than blowing other people's money on billboards that other than the 15 minutes of news coverage, practically no one saw.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
Glad they didnt meet the owner. The owners just wanted to bribe or threaten them to play nice. Its what the isles do best. Get rid of anyone saying anything negative. Ledecky needs to man up tell us hes not allowed to fire snow because wang inserted a 50 million dollar oenalty if he is fired. Maybe its a 100 million. Or wang put it in the contract that snow cant be fired period. maybe 10 years. Nobody in their right mind can see the giants fire a GM who won 2 superbowls and then say ledecky keeps snow cause he thinks the isles cant win as much without him.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
What's one step up from a billboard, messages on the back of planes at the beach?

Well, I just added a new product to my Snow Must Go line for your summer/beach needs!

Snow Must Go

front.jpg

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
Ledecky MUST go. Make that Billboard. He needs that arena deal to double his investment. HE DOES not want to be made to look like a fool. The signs can come down as soon as he does what a thousand business on long island do every day. Fire the people running it to bring in better people

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Grain of salt indeed, unless something more official was produced I can't believe it 100%. They have a reason to lie or embellish a story given what their billboard is about.
Given a choice between the fans who put up the billboards and the carnies who own and work for this team only a lunatic wouldn't believe the fans. They are a million times more trustworthy.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Given a choice between the fans who put up the billboards and the carnies who own and work for this team only a lunatic wouldn't believe the fans. They are a million times more trustworthy.

I'm a skeptical person. Trust no one.

Thanks I'll take a medium

It'll be available for a while, so order one for every day of the week if you'd like.

You should do a "Snow Must Go" playoff rally towel.

Oh, wait....

Love it.

Might see if I can do bumper stickers next. Some people might do that instead of a shirt. Less of a financial commitment. Then again, who can put a price on getting Snow canned?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad