Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 6 - TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT - THANK YOU JACK EDWARDS - Series tied 3-3

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Because they played so well they earned a day off. Good job, guys. Good job.

It isn't even that they lost the last 2. It's the effort, 1 shot through the front half of the game, is this a joke?
Monty basically saying "You guys rest. No need for practice or anything. It's all good"

Meanwhile Monty:

I think he knows this team ain't winning Saturday and he'll be fired so he's given up.

(I hope I'm wrong on both fronts and they win)

Reactions: Bodit9 and Gordoff

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Jakub Zboril
Jake Debrusk
Zach Senyshyn

One of those three is outscoring Pastrnak in these playoffs.

The Centennial season is about to be the marking of the biggest Chokers in the NHL.

Please, PLEASE. No more commercials about 'what it means to be a Bruin' if you lose Saturday. It's all for money and fake narratives so far.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Monty basically saying "You guys rest. No need for practice or anything. It's all good"

Meanwhile Monty:

I think he knows this team ain't winning Saturday and he'll be fired so he's given up.

(I hope I'm wrong on both fronts and they win)

While I hope they win I give them about a 20% chance based on the last 2 games. Pathetic and pathetic-er. Maybe this time they can make it to the 3rd without getting any shots on goal. Even if they do pull off a miracle and win I'm still going to feel like they lost, they could have closed this out in 5 or 6 and instead let them right back into this... and then they'd face a Florida team that's much better than the Leafs anyways. The whole thing is a big ball of meh. I'm just going to stay off the main's thread for this one, it'll be a real shitshow.

Gotta love the cowardly Habs fans coming out of the woodwork to boot :laugh:

Reactions: Gordoff

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Heads should roll but they likely won’t because that’s not how Neely and Sweeney roll.

I didn't watch most games this regular season from the results from last year and didn't watch game 6. Why? It was going to go to 7 so everyone (owners, sponsors, advertisers, players, League, broadcasters and bars) make a killing.

Just another wave of fans who will take a step back from 'It's called Bruins' B.S. and spend their money elsewhere. And before you tell me it won't happen, I just watched a 9 year rebuild in a Canadian city where apathy and disinterest took over because the product was shit and the fans were sold magic beans.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
1000001340.gif

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Was just told by my better half, “you’re handling this well.”

Progress.

The first step in not giving a shit anymore. Bruins really need to be careful here on what defines being a Bruin and cheering for this team.

Never really had a good clear chance tonight.

This team was built poorly for the Centennial and beyond. Overrated and are either in it for the paycheck or not in it at all it seems.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
thought about putting $10 on the leafs after game 4. pretty much easy money, but i didn't

I bet on both teams winning in game 7. $50.00 each team. Easy money and no matter what the payouts are huge.

The players also decided they wanted the revenue from a game 7 Saturday night it seems. If I was a gambling site I'd be looking into the shots and stats paired with the 'effort' of these big, bad Bruins.

Anyone recognize the last two games?

Reactions: Gordoff

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
any possibility Pasta is injured? Doesn’t excuse his play but he seems slow and weak on the puck and he’s usually a lot more slippery.

Maybe if management bothered to get the guy a center or the coach bothered to build the offense around him and not player archetypes for forwards we don’t have he wouldn’t feel the need to call out on of the few consistent point getters on the team.

I thought perhaps he might be, especially after he fell on his knee awkwardly in G5, but then Monty called him out in the presser, and I choose to believe (at least for now) that the coach would not stoop so low as to criticize a player he knows is injured. So I'm assuming not. I think he's simply struggling mentally as much as most of the rest of them.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Draisaitl one more season of control for Oilers and he has some control over where they can trade him.One thing is for sure and that is he is getting paid alot .My gut says Bruins go after Lindholm.Least he good in dot though lol
Avoid. They missed the boat on so many C and probably overvalued their own talent and prospects. This team is about to define the end of a Centennial season and 100 years of history.

Year 101, if they lose Saturday should be the beginning of scorched earth. Swayman and some rookies.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Who earns even a pass mark so far? Marchand (8 pts, +1), not great last 2 games but at least was excellent before that. DeBrusk (5 pts, -3), patchy, but trying at least. Freddy (3 pts, +4), good effort especially for a guy who's past playoff showings have been awful, although he's blown a couple of great chances too. Carlo (1 pt, +2), easily our best defender, solid just about all the time except for a couple of moments. McAvoy just hasn't stepped up as a supposedly elite player should but at least hasn't been outright bad, although he's still error prone. Coyle battles but is too-often ineffective. Boqvist has done what he can, Beecher and Wotherspoon have been ok for depth guys. Can't really fault Lohrei as a rookie defender. That's about it.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I, too, am doing my best to detach myself from this debacle. Intellectually I grasp that it's just a game, only entertainment, and regardless of the outcome, the players are paid millions.

But after the choke job last year, following this season since day one, whether I want to be or not, I am emotionally invested.

With a 3-1 lead, the Leafs imploding, Matthews out, their lethal PP impotent, facing a backup goalie, on home ice to clinch and put last year behind them - they come out with an effort level so piss-poor every paying customer should have been issued a refund.

If/when they lose Saturday, that will be 6 games between the Panthers and Leafs they could've clinched, yet would be 0-6.

Look, all the players on the Bs are good guys. But blowing consecutive 3-1 series leads, they are chokers, plain and simple.

Playing scared isn't a recipe for success, but neither is what they are doing. I don't think Montgomery has it in him, so Cam Neely needs to address the locker room and pull a Herb Brooks. Tell them if they lose Saturday, they will take it to their graves; their f***king graves.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I, too, am doing my best to detach myself from this debacle. Intellectually I grasp that it's just a game, only entertainment, and regardless of the outcome, the players are paid millions.

But after the choke job last year, following this season since day one, whether I want to be or not, I am emotionally invested.

With a 3-1 lead, the Leafs imploding, Matthews out, their lethal PP impotent, facing a backup goalie, on home ice to clinch and put last year behind them - they come out with an effort level so piss-poor every paying customer should have been issued a refund.

If/when they lose Saturday, that will be 6 games between the Panthers and Leafs they could've clinched, yet would be 0-6.

Look, all the players on the Bs are good guys. But blowing consecutive 3-1 series leads, they are chokers, plain and simple.

Playing scared isn't a recipe for success, but neither is what they are doing. I don't think Montgomery has it in him, so Cam Neely needs to address the locker room and pull a Herb Brooks. Tell them if they lose Saturday, they will take it to their graves; their f***king graves.

This is the thing, isn't it? This roster was never winning a Cup, we know that. And had the Bruins lost in 7, even in 6, in a back-and-forth series against a fully fit Leafs, while playing some good, gritty hockey along the way, the majority of us probably would have sucked it up and said "well that's a pain, but they gave it a go, lost to the better team, c'est la vie".

But this, this is awful. And damning. Toronto's been well below their best, had a couple of key outs, went down 3-1, but have still managed to tie it up because this team has played two games of inexcusably frightened, timid, flat, insipid hockey. Again. It's actually been worse than last year's implosion, so far, final outcome pending. Credit to the Leafs for hanging tough and playing some very tight, disciplined hockey, but the Bruins have made it far too easy for them.

One positive for the long-term is it's been very instructive of just where this group, and the coaching staff, are at. Persistent flaws have been made very clear, almost no matter what happens from here. Any belief, for example, that the Bruins can get by with 2 top 6 centers who are short on pure talent, has just about been put to bed. What Sweeney and co. actually do with that, well we'll see.

For now, we'll all be peeking out from behind our couches on Saturday night and just hoping for the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad