Fans raise money to put up anti-Garth billboard outside Barclays

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
image031_1024x1024.jpg
Is that him packing his stuff to leave town? We should only be so lucky.

Reactions: nyisles

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
You can literally make a case that Doug Weight is the worst coach to ever be behind an NHL bench, and they are going to bring him back. If they announce him and Garth are coming back I'm calling my rep to cancel my season tickets and to demand back every penny I've given them because L&M will have shown they have nothing but contempt for every single soul who gives a **** about this team. They are a couple of goddamned slumlords.

Maybe we need an anti-Weight billboard too, to compound L$M must sell!

GarfSnowed

May 1, 2011
I said it from the start, the billboards were a mistake and were very awkward and now the situation gets even more awkward. To come out and say something like this and that you declined a meeting with the head honcho is very strange. It's been completely counterproductive and I think the billboard guys need to either give proof behind their words or just cease this action.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
meeting ledecky to have him explain why snow is so wonderful would be pointlesd. We paid that money for the billboard after spending 5000 plus hours watching snow do hockey since before the 1st I phone. We wanted him fired. Not a exolenation on why snow should stay. Fired. Gone. Like a real high school or college team would do. never mind a real pro sports team.

Reactions: Satan'sIsland81

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
meeting ledecky to have him explain why snow is so wonderful would be pointlesd. We paid that money for the billboard after spending 5000 plus hours watching snow do hockey since before the 1st I phone. We wanted him fired. Not a exolenation on why snow should stay. Fired. Gone. Like a real high school or college team would do. never mind a real pro sports team.
If all he was going to do in a meeting is tell you how wonderful Snow is, and you can't say anything to change his mind, then the billboard itself was pointless. Because if you think "Snow Must Go", Ledecky's the guy with the power to hire and fire.

Turning down that meeting makes about as much sense as an NHL/NBA arena in Ronkonkoma. And that's saying something.

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
If all he was going to do in a meeting is tell you how wonderful Snow is, and you can't say anything to change his mind, then the billboard itself was pointless. Because if you think "Snow Must Go", Ledecky's the guy with the power to hire and fire.

Turning down that meeting makes about as much sense as an NHL/NBA arena in Ronkonkoma. And that's saying something.

Damn right....Ronkonkoma would never work...now Lake Ronkonkoma...that would work

Reactions: doublechili

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Damn right....Ronkonkoma would never work...now Lake Ronkonkoma...that would work
A floating arena. That would really open up some possibilities. "Tonight's game will be played in Port Jefferson. Or Northport. Depending on the winds."

Reactions: Lek and nycole

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Can we rent ad space on Garth's big screen TV?
The foreheads of the three blondes?
The magazines in his "library"?

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
I said it from the start, the billboards were a mistake and were very awkward and now the situation gets even more awkward. To come out and say something like this and that you declined a meeting with the head honcho is very strange. It's been completely counterproductive and I think the billboard guys need to either give proof behind their words or just cease this action.
Funny, I think they should double down. Putting ownership in an awkward position at least makes them consider the on ice product beyond what Pat Benatar said-promises in the dark.

Reactions: MJF

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
In some strange way I actually think the billboards might have helped. I'm getting the impression the Isles ownership is like the Mets. Both the Wilpons and L&M love the spotlight when their teams are doing well but go into hiding when the team is not. Neither ownership group likes negative publicity and both seem to react to it. I've seen evidence the Wilpons will pivot on an issue if the fans react and I wonder if all the Snow Must Go stuff made L&M pivot. You all know Ledecky can't wait to get back out in public to high 5 fans.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
I think next season, the fans should pay some local street kids to slash Snow's tires for every game...It's more effective than billboards and message boards :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad