Fans raise money to put up anti-Garth billboard outside Barclays

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Oh look...Another billboard. Damn those fans wanting things to be better and putting their money behind it...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23051113/new-york-company-latest-pitch-lebron-james-implore-sign-knicks

what? how can you compare the 2? a public humiliation compared to trying to get someone signed? is firing Snow going to make the team better? did firing Capuano make the team better? how about buying out Yashin? Milbury was the worst GM in history and how did the Isles do when he was fired? [mod edit]

Last edited by a moderator:

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
what? how can you compare the 2? a public humiliation compared to trying to get someone signed? is firing Snow going to make the team better? did firing Capuano make the team better? how about buying out Yashin? Milbury was the worst GM in history and how did the Isles do when he was fired? dumb Isles fans, case and point:
Do you pride yourself on being wrong all the time?

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I literally posted that weeks ago. Half-joking of course, but would not surprise me at all of Snow came online (directly or indirectly) to post infantile propaganda to paint himself in a good light.

I would expect a more articulate presentation though.

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
As a fan of this team, when was the last time you felt going into the season they had a legitimate shot at winning? Not a playoff spot, winning the whole thing? Mid-eighties?
We all know the ownership debacles

when Ledecky goes on his media tour and keeps saying the goal is to win the fifth cup, but hockey people are saying they feel ownership doesn’t want to move on from Snow, how can you not feel that the team is just being used as a real estate venture?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
As a fan of this team, when was the last time you felt going into the season they had a legitimate shot at winning? Not a playoff spot, winning the whole thing? Mid-eighties?

when Ledecky goes on his media tour and keeps saying the goal is to win the fifth cup, but hockey people are saying they feel ownership doesn’t want to move on from Snow, how can you not feel that the team is just being used as a real estate venture?

Reactions: periferal

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

Without the real estate component nobody ever buys the Islanders. The sad reality is nobody buys a sports franchise just for the sake of owning a team. It’s all about the revenue from owning the arena, the real estate, your own RSN. There are no more Mike Illitch out there who just wants to own a team for the sake of owning a team.

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
Without the real estate component nobody ever buys the Islanders. The sad reality is nobody buys a sports franchise just for the sake of owning a team. It’s all about the revenue from owning the arena, the real estate, your own RSN. There are no more Mike Illitch out there who just wants to own a team for the sake of owning a team.

Then stop have Ledecky doing media tours, spouting nonsense about winning.
Stop jerking our chains

Reactions: periferal

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
At the beginning of this season I thought they would be firmly in top-3. You know: Washington fading, NYR fading, Philly, Carolina, New Jersey not good enough yet ... – who else if not the Islanders?

And also I believed in Weight almost until the end of December. Makes me think a lot about that Sutton's quote.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
The articles today and quotes from Weight and the mention that Weight and Snow will conduct exit interviews, certainly looks like nothing will be done and we will be served another helping of Snow and Weight next year. God help us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad