WC: 2024 Czech team in Prague!

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Just my awkward opinion..Pastrňák is not playing well now and it is naive to expect him to save our team when the tournament favorites have much stronger teams overall.. And maybe even counterproductive, other players could feel overlooked... Otherwise, of course, Rulík will want him in the team.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Just my awkward opinion..Pastrňák is not playing well now and it is naive to expect him to save our team when the tournament favorites have much stronger teams overall.. And maybe even counterproductive, other players could feel overlooked... Otherwise, of course, Rulík will want him in the team.
Maybe. But I think the more likely outcome would be that he would be lifted up by the home atmosphere in Prague and would play well. He would definitely lift the team, like he did 2 years ago (no bronze medals without Pastrnak).

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Man even if he was playing like a complete shit, you just cant not take him if he is available. That would be like not taking Jagr or Hasek at their times. They are just players on completely different level, and can go from 0 - 100 performance without problems.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Man even if he was playing like a complete shit, you just cant not take him if he is available. That would be like not taking Jagr or Hasek at their times. They are just players on completely different level, and can go from 0 - 100 performance without problems.
Can it be like that. For me, it is more about the psychological effect on others, supported by the behavior of journalists. Suddenly it won't be a team of maybe 22 players, but Pastrňák+21..
Otherwise of course I want him to come play if he is available..

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Anyway things are getting very interesting here:

Toronto - Boston 3:3 - Cmnon lets finish it a bring Pasta home, along with Zacha of course (his last chance to redeem himself as a player who actually cares about NT)

Dallas - Vegas 3:2 - Nedved said Hertl probably wont be allowed, but I still hope and believe. I kinda dont understand why they would not let him. That "injury" was a planned procedure and there should not be any unsespected complications. He played what 11 games since returned and appear to be healthy. I still hope this will happen if they get kicked out

Syracuse - Rochester 2:1 - I still hope they reconsider Kulich. Its such a luxury to not take shooter like this, especially if we look at a current finishing "form" our team have. It was really clear yesterday, where we outplayed Finns had many chances, but the finishing was very poor. We need killers like Kulich.

Jiricek is still in the talks and possible, hope it will happen, it will give our D much needed boost, and just Imagine Pasta - Kubalik on PP with Jiricek on blue line, that would be some serious firepower.

What I want (probably not gonna happen) and also take the lines with reserve its more just slaped together the players I would like

Pasta - Zacha - Kubalik
Palat - Hertl - Kase
Vrana - Sedlak - Cervus
Zohorna - Kondelik - Nosek
Kulich - Zadina

Gudas - Jiricek
Kempny - Rutta
Kundratek - Tichacek
Spacek - Masin

Dostal - Mrazek - Vejmelka

What is possible:

Pasta - Zacha - Kubalik
Palat - Sedlak - Kase
Vrana - Nosek - Cervus
Zohorna - Kondelik - Vozenilek
Zadina - Tomasek

Gudas - Jiricek
Kempny - Rutta
Kundratek - Tichacek
Spacek - Masin

Even the variant 2 would be great, so pls pls make it happen lol

Reactions: Fjorden

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Anyway things are getting very interesting here:

Toronto - Boston 3:3 - Cmnon lets finish it a bring Pasta home, along with Zacha of course (his last chance to redeem himself as a player who actually cares about NT)

Dallas - Vegas 3:2 - Nedved said Hertl probably wont be allowed, but I still hope and believe. I kinda dont understand why they would not let him. That "injury" was a planned procedure and there should not be any unsespected complications. He played what 11 games since returned and appear to be healthy. I still hope this will happen if they get kicked out

Syracuse - Rochester 2:1 - I still hope they reconsider Kulich. Its such a luxury to not take shooter like this, especially if we look at a current finishing "form" our team have. It was really clear yesterday, where we outplayed Finns had many chances, but the finishing was very poor. We need killers like Kulich.

Jiricek is still in the talks and possible, hope it will happen, it will give our D much needed boost, and just Imagine Pasta - Kubalik on PP with Jiricek on blue line, that would be some serious firepower.

What I want (probably not gonna happen) and also take the lines with reserve its more just slaped together the players I would like

Pasta - Zacha - Kubalik
Palat - Hertl - Kase
Vrana - Sedlak - Cervus
Zohorna - Kondelik - Nosek
Kulich - Zadina

Gudas - Jiricek
Kempny - Rutta
Kundratek - Tichacek
Spacek - Masin

What is possible:

Pasta - Zacha - Kubalik
Palat - Sedlak - Kase
Vrana - Nosek - Cervus
Zohorna - Kondelik - Vozenilek
Zadina - Tomasek

Gudas - Jiricek
Kempny - Rutta
Kundratek - Tichacek
Spacek - Masin

Even the variant 2 would be great, so pls pls make it happen lol
This kondelik love is interesting to me. Not you but everyone. He's a shittier version of zohorna and klapka. He absolutely cannot finish. He gets chances cause he's big.

The pasta thing.. that would be asking if he were available and came. Might also put less pressure on other players since it's be all about pasta. Hell, I might even buy that blue alternate jersey online.

Hertl played top line and over 20 minutes last game.. how the hell would he not be available???? It sounds like Vegas will do this but man that would suck.

Ftr.. nicks have yet to advance. Are on their third goalie. That lead is not safe either.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010

Yeah, he hasn't looked good. He's not himself.

On that note, Zacha hasn't been good either

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

Zadina got the 'svozil' ... 1 game in Brno and cut. Kodytek too.. I didn't think he'd make it despite being a good player for us.

Shame about Zadina to me.. I keep hoping for late resurgence but him and Kaut can buy tickets or watch online like the rest of us this year. Shame.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

On that note, Zacha hasn't been good either
To me... and I'm following it closely as it's the game before my Oilers play ... Boston was on a down year and is lacking forwards. Pasta had 40 more points than second place on the B's. He's all alone. So it's not that they are playing poorly, they just don't have forwards. This offseason would go a long way in getting them some forwards.. trade Ullmark, free up cap space and keep going!

I have no doubt he could show up and be one of the best players at the World's and change our team immediately. However, I really would like Boston to win and keep going. Florida will be brutal so we probably still get Pasta for end of round robin and quarter.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
1714761067994.png

This is a very big gap from 1st to second.

For comparison, here are the Leafs scorers:

1714761124553.png

Pasta = Matthews
They don't have anything near a Nylander or Marner. Not even close. Yes, I know those guys haven't played every game and are dealign with injuries. Still, Pasta is very much alone.

In fact, they should try to trade Ullmark for Marner in the offseason. Both teams improve immediately IMO.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

Zadina even came without a contract and still tried. I'm always going to cheer for him to be honest. Despite his career not being even close to what I thought it would be.

Reactions: martygod12

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
I reckon Pasta would for sure join if Boston falls to the Leafs in game 7? Or are the Czechs waiting for even round two to end in order to get him? (In the case that Boston takes out Toronto but drops against Florida)..... :huh::huh:

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I reckon Pasta would for sure join if Boston falls to the Leafs in game 7? Or are the Czechs waiting for even round two to end in order to get him? (In the case that Boston takes out Toronto but drops against Florida)..... :huh::huh:
They coach has said that he is similar to Jagr in that if we gets eliminated, they will slot him in right away. He's the only one like that for us.

So yes, he could still come if they win round 1 and if they lose round 2 and if he is healthy after 2 playoff rounds Lot of ifs.lol

Reactions: illone84

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
1714762410361.png

Almost none of this appeals to me.lol I know this isn't official by any stretch and just some pairings. But, for fun...

Hajek and Gudas is strange to me. That is zero offence. I'd rather Gudas with someone who can carry some offence.
I'm starting to think Masin is making the team and that makes me happy. He could help Spacek.
Rutta and Tichachek isn't bad at all.
Kempny and Zabransky .. oof
Krejcik and Kundratek... please no
Scotka and Kostalek... f*** no.

Cervenka-Spacek-Kase seems like a very good 2nd line
Kubalik-Nosek-Palat seems like a very good 2nd line
Lenc-Kovarcik-Kousal not good enough for top 6 and probably not efficient enough for bottom 6
Beranek-Kondelik-Stransky - all 3 could be cut and I wouldn't cry half as much as I did over Zadina above
Vrana-Chlapik-Tomasek .. now we're cooking.. seems like a very good 2nd line
Flek-Kodytel-Kovarchik.. kodytek is gone but toss in Kovarcik and this could be a great 4th line!
Seklak - lock
Vozelnik - I see no room for him in top 6 and don't think he'd help bottom 6
Zohorna - I say keep him ahead of Kondelik. He can be top 6 or bottom 6.

Note I didn't type 'seems like a great 1st line' once.lol

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
They coach has said that he is similar to Jagr in that if we gets eliminated, they will slot him in right away. He's the only one like that for us.

So yes, he could still come if they win round 1 and if they lose round 2 and if he is healthy after 2 playoff rounds Lot of ifs.lol
Hope dies last my friend!!! I hope he comes and plays in front of the home crowd.

Reactions: Czechboy

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
Cervenka - Spacek - Kubalik
Palat - Sedlak - Kase
Vrana - Tomasek - Chlapik
Kampf - Nosek - Zohorna
Vozenilek.

I still think this would be it. If Pasta comes instead of Kampf. Well, thats even nicer.

As for defence, lets pray for Jiricek.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Zadina even came without a contract and still tried. I'm always going to cheer for him to be honest. Despite his career not being even close to what I thought it would be.

Real shame, but if also an injury is in a way then nothing can be done. But they need to cut off those mid guys like Kovarciks, Beranek etc. I dont want to sit through entire WCH watching then never score lol.

That Hertl thing is very strange, I also dont see one reason why he should not be allowed to come by Vegas. He is completely healthy right now. Unless Nedved knows something we dont lol.

As for Pasta I wish him SC too, but Boston will 100% not win it this year, so I rather seem him get kicked out early and see him on entire WCH then have him only for QF or not at all. Hope Zacha will take his head out of his ass and finally come.

I hope I hear a lot of good news by the end of the weekend lol. Also hope no more NHL/AHL players will be cut. I dont want to suffer another year of euro hockey tour squad which will have 12 shots agains Canada or US lol. NHL guys eventhough maybe not playing optimal yet, will be much better overall and have much better potential and probability of playing at high level. The euro guys like Kovarciks, Beranek etc. this is their ceiling, guys from NHL they have still room and I believe they will get better with every game. Hope Rulik will see it too and wont make the mistake to rely on euro hockey tour squad again.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Real shame, but if also an injury is in a way then nothing can be done. But they need to cut off those mid guys like Kovarciks, Beranek etc. I dont want to sit through entire WCH watching then never score lol.

That Hertl thing is very strange, I also dont see one reason why he should not be allowed to come by Vegas. He is completely healthy right now. Unless Nedved knows something we dont lol.

As for Pasta I wish him SC too, but Boston will 100% not win it this year, so I rather seem him get kicked out early and see him on entire WCH then have him only for QF or not at all. Hope Zacha will take his head out of his ass and finally come.

I hope I hear a lot of good news by the end of the weekend lol. Also hope no more NHL/AHL players will be cut. I dont want to suffer another year of euro hockey tour squad which will have 12 shots agains Canada or US lol. NHL guys eventhough maybe not playing optimal yet, will be much better overall and have much better potential and probabily of playing at high level. The euro guys like Kovarciks, Beranek etc. this is their ceiling, guys from NHL they have still room and I believe they will get better with every game. Hope Rulik wont see it too and wont make the mistake to rely on euro hockey tour squad again.
Couldn't agree more. I actually disagreed with the notion that Zadina wouldn't be able to get his fitness back. That was clearly bullshit. Quarters are in 20 days.lol

As far as the EHT bullshit.. yup... guys like Radil and Lenc shoot the lights out and then dead quiet in actual worlds.

I don't care if they invite Zacha... f*** him. I got guys like Zadina, Kubalik and Kempny (not this year) showing up with no contrcts willing to play and risk it. Then we have Zacha and his hurt feelings. f*** him and his Dad.lol

Playmaker posted a roster above that seems reasonable.. is there any guy under 25 on it?lol Maybe we shoudl seriously consider Kulich and Rousek if they are available?

No Kral is infuriating.

Hoping to hear Jiricek is coming on Sunday and has been released and promised a top 4 role. That would help Svozil's development too! He's blocked by Jiricek in AHL IMO. Let David play with the big boys in big minutes (something he didn't get in Columbus) and let Svozil do his best in Calder Cup. Win win. Both develop further towards Columbus IMO.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

I hope I hear a lot of good news by the end of the weekend lol. Also hope no more NHL/AHL players will be cut. I dont want to suffer another year of euro hockey tour squad which will have 12 shots agains Canada or US lol. NHL guys eventhough maybe not playing optimal yet, will be much better overall and have much better potential and probabily of playing at high level. The euro guys like Kovarciks, Beranek etc. this is their ceiling, guys from NHL they have still room and I believe they will get better with every game. Hope Rulik wont see it too and wont make the mistake to rely on euro hockey tour squad again.
And yup... expect Hertl to play 22 minutes tonight, get 3 goals and then not be allowed to come.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
To me... and I'm following it closely as it's the game before my Oilers play ... Boston was on a down year and is lacking forwards. Pasta had 40 more points than second place on the B's. He's all alone. So it's not that they are playing poorly, they just don't have forwards. This offseason would go a long way in getting them some forwards.. trade Ullmark, free up cap space and keep going!

I have no doubt he could show up and be one of the best players at the World's and change our team immediately. However, I really would like Boston to win and keep going. Florida will be brutal so we probably still get Pasta for end of round robin and quarter.

I agree that they don't have forwards to support him, but he is not playing his best at the moment.

We don't know what the reason for that is, but if it's an injury then we won't see him at the World's. I am not too optimistic about him coming should Boston lose.

View attachment 864159

View attachment 864160

Pasta = Matthews
They don't have anything near a Nylander or Marner. Not even close. Yes, I know those guys haven't played every game and are dealign with injuries. Still, Pasta is very much alone.

In fact, they should try to trade Ullmark for Marner in the offseason. Both teams improve immediately IMO.

Regular season he was good yes, but I'm referring to his play in the playoffs, which hasn't been good.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
View attachment 864159

View attachment 864160

Pasta = Matthews

You can't be serious about Marner. He's dreadful in the playoffs. The leafs want to get rid of him for that reason. Boston fans won't go anywhere near him.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
You can't be serious about Marner. He's dreadful in the playoffs. The leafs want to get rid of him for that reason. Boston fans won't go anywhere near him.
I say it's a win win... Marner is a great player. If he were Czech we'd all have a jersey with Marnercek on the back.lol.

You are right about playoffs but all the leafs seem to not score in playoffs including Matthews. Something weird there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad