FA/Trade Thread 2014-2015 Season V.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sep 14, 2009
Guelph
Someone on twitter suggested Franson to the Kings for Kempe. I like the sounds of that deal. Skilled Swedish prospect who Nylander is fimiliar with.

I'd take that. Was it a reliable someone or just your neighbour?

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Hopefully we can get a couple of 2nd rounders from Franson and Santa trades (if Santa gets traded..). Winnik could fetch us a 3rd rounder..

Lupul is listed as a trade bait as well, but not sure where his value would be pegged at..Maybe a 2nd round pick if we retain a bit of his salary

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I would trade these players in this order:

Franson, Kessel, Bozak, Santorelli, Winnik, Reimer, Phaneuf

Lupul becomes Captain.

JVR - Kadri - Lupul
Komorov - Holland - Clarkson
Frattin - Carrick - Panik
Leivo - Smith - Bodie

Gardiner - Polak
Rielly - Holzer
Percy - Robidas

Obviously we would probably get some players back in those trades which could improve that roster. Even just getting a third line center and winger would make that roster look a lot better. Next year we would be adding Nylander and Brown. It would be nice if we could sign Winnik and Santorelli after the season is over.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
I would think a good team would give a 1st for Franson. Would be great to have another bullet in this draft.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I think we all need to accept Stamkos not wanting to come to Toronto.

He plays in a decent enough hockey market in Tampa. He plays for a very strong team, with a great future, of who he would be a captain for as long as he plays with them. He's got a great coach, and a very smart GM.

Toronto has none of what Tampa has, except maybe its a bigger market.

Rather than banking on him to join us in our misery, I would actually like to rebuild, draft and develop our own stud. It's not like we can't, if Tampa can. Most of their impact players were all drafted outside of the 1st round (Tyler Johnson was a UFA signing).

They have two high picks who they've build their team around, and they've spent the UFA money wisely on guys like Filppula and Stralman.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is how to build a team.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
I think we all need to accept Stamkos not wanting to come to Toronto.

He plays in a decent enough hockey market in Tampa. He plays for a very strong team, with a great future, of who he would be a captain for as long as he plays with them. He's got a great coach, and a very smart GM.

Toronto has none of what Tampa has, except maybe its a bigger market.

Rather than banking on him to join us in our misery, I would actually like to rebuild, draft and develop our own stud. It's not like we can't, if Tampa can. Most of their impact players were all drafted outside of the 1st round (Tyler Johnson was a UFA signing).

They have two high picks who they've build their team around, and they've spent the UFA money wisely on guys like Filppula and Stralman.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is how to build a team.

I would like to point out that Yzerman came from the team that essentially created this system and they are known as Detroit. So yeah if we are going to mimic a team Detroit is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad