FA/Trade Thread 2014-2015 Season V.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I think the Isles are pretty high on Nelson and don't see all those players in return.
I would definitely take Strome (drafted 5th overall), and Reinhart (drafted 4th overall) for Kessel.
That's very comparable to the position of the picks we gave up and immediately addresses our prime areas of weakness/rebuild. Center/D.

They would want to send cap back as well? Hey maybe they will send Grabo back haha.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Lots of creative trade proposals, I really hope the MLSE brass embrace this opportunity to start a new, and hopefully successful chapter in the joke we call the Leafs. The thought of gutting this team has renewed my hopes for the future.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
I was thinking one of two places for Dion to be traded to:
A) Anahaim for Smith-Pelly and Belesky and/or a 2nd Rd pick
or
B) Colorado for ROR and a 2nd Rd pick and quick note the Leafs add Ashton to the deal
My reasoning is that Phaneuf will add the defensive punch and size Ana needs to make a deep playoff push, and Phaneuf instantly adds defense to a very weak defensive Colorado team and they pair him up with EJ.

Lupul is gone IMO to who, Im not sure. I could see TB adding him and Mtl for that fire power in the playoffs, Jets could use him but I think they do not want to add his contract to the books as they look ahead with all their youth and resigns. St.Louis intrigues me as I could see them trade for him but again $$$ could make them shy away.
Winnik, and Santorelli I think will get resigned just due to their efforts and success during a very dismal time.
Franson gets traded to Dallas or Edm cause of his high salary demands and tough contract demands, unless he really truely wants to stay he will take a bit less
Clarkson one of two things happen here as capoligists look hard into his contract, they buy him out and bite the bullet of paying him what I think is $3mil+ for 8yrs or more or they trade him to Edm with retention of some of his contract, I would hope they land a taker and retain some
Bozak stays IMO just due to the fact he has a descent contract for what he does and he is good at face offs and coaches love that if he does get moved it would be like what most are saying a package with Gardiner
Which leads me to Gardiner, I seriously think they keep him and move him to wing and back to defense during the PP
Kessel stays, teams do not trade top 5'scoring talent unless they are getting a boatload in return and I do not buy it for a second teams are willing to give up a 1st, maybe more picks, a high end prospect and a top end roster player. If a GM is willing to do that then ok, but that's like putting a noose around your own neck, cause we all know how those kind of trades turn out.
Reimer goes to either Edm or SJ for picks
That's my thought on another crap season of Leaf hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad