Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Old thread here

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1811867
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1803153&page=40

Continue

MOD NOTE:

Per board rules you MUST have a source for rumours. "Im hearing talk of" and "a little birdie told me" or "my dads best friends nieces cousins roommate knows so and so in the NHL and they said this" dont count.

If you have a source who isnt publically known and wish to post what you hear, you will need admin permission to do so. PM me or another mod and we will connect you for verification.

We currently have one confirmed insider on this board. Those of you familiar with this thread will know who that it is. Don't bother asking his source as the mods dont even know who it is. Thats between him and the board admins.

Last edited:

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Moving gardiner is not a loss, he's stealing a spot from percy.

100%, Percy will definitely be ready full-time next year IMO, guy looked damn good in his first few games.

Very high i.q, very cerebral player that plays better in the NHL than the AHL, he excels more with better players.
Gardiner leaving IMO does nothing to hurt the defence, guy has been crap all year.

toss Gardiner+ I think we should trade Bozak seperately.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
ROR/Kadri/Nylander/Holland/Gauthier is a pretty good mix down the middle - can definitely be competitive like this.

ROR and Kadri have both shown the ability to play vs the other team's top lines. ROR would put up 60-70 points with Kessel, and be the defensive presence this line has sorely missed. Pretty much an anti-bozak.

Tbh I would give up Phaneuf+ or Gardiner++ for ROR, but I think colorado may ask for morgan rielly

Wow the crazy of overrating ROR never ends. He is no duchenne or mackinnon or landeskog.

If they wanted more than phaneuf I'd hangup the phone. He is literally a slightly better version of bozak who shoots left. Bozak would put up 60 points on the line ror is on too

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Wow the crazy of overrating ROR never ends. He is no duchenne or mackinnon or landeskog.

If they wanted more than phaneuf I'd hangup the phone. He is literally a slightly better version of bozak who shoots left. Bozak would put up 60 points on the line ror is on too

bozak was on a better line than ror

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012

You are wrong. Clearly you have not watched him play... Bozak can barely carry the puck on his own. ROR is a skilled player, and a better two way player too. Ror has good hands, better speed then Bozy and much better offensive instincts, also a lot younger.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Here’s a sample of the chatter, none of it confirmed by the Leafs:
Interest in Dion Phaneuf and Phil Kessel by unidentified clubs, and Joffrey Lupul from the Dallas Stars.
Ryan O’Reilly available from Colorado for a defenceman (Jake Gardiner or Cody Franson) and top-six forward Nazem Kadri or former University of Denver star Tyler Bozak). Phoenix is said to be hot on the O’Reilly trail, though, with all-star defenceman Keith Yandle offered.
Trade talk aside, the Leafs are reportedly focusing on re-signing Franson and hard-working forward Mike Santorelli.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2015/01/18/leafs-work-to-quiet-trade-talk-end-slide.html

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Bozak+Gardiner for ROR+2nd/B-prospect is a fair shakeup deal IMO and one I would pull the trigger on.

as an all-around player ROR is an improvement on Bozak, but Gardiner is who they want the 2nd balances the trade out,

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Here’s a sample of the chatter, none of it confirmed by the Leafs:
Interest in Dion Phaneuf and Phil Kessel by unidentified clubs, and Joffrey Lupul from the Dallas Stars.
Ryan O’Reilly available from Colorado for a defenceman (Jake Gardiner or Cody Franson) and top-six forward Nazem Kadri or former University of Denver star Tyler Bozak). Phoenix is said to be hot on the O’Reilly trail, though, with all-star defenceman Keith Yandle offered.
Trade talk aside, the Leafs are reportedly focusing on re-signing Franson and hard-working forward Mike Santorelli.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2015/01/18/leafs-work-to-quiet-trade-talk-end-slide.html

Lupul for what though? 2nd rounder? solid prospect?

Swayze*

Dregs says cookie and phanny not being shopped and would take a huge overpayment.

They arent getting it

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Dregs says cookie and phanny not being shopped and would take a huge overpayment.

They arent getting it

Dreger is Nonis cousin or whatever right?

Dont you think management would want the media to be saying they are untouchable, a team that wants to trade a player has less leverage in trades.

Not necessarily true just cause Dregs is saying it.

Celly Hard

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
Holding on to Kessel and Phaneuf is the wrong way to go. Why can't management see that well never win with these guys?

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012

So many things wrong with this post...not even going to bother. :help:

Too bad Stars aren't in on lupul, would've be nice to pick up their 2nd

Leafin

Apr 2, 2009
I still think Tampa is a solid spot for Lupul. They have pieces and enough cap to make it happen.

Killorn + 2nd?

horner

May 22, 2007
One thing I dont want to happen when we start trading players

Is to pick up lg contract

ex. ROR

unless we are getting ride of a lg contract

But we need to trade and if that means we really suck next yr so be it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events