FA/Trade Thread 2014-2015 Season V.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Would seriously look at maybe moving some of our rental assets in Santa and Winnik. They could prob net some 2nd + prospects and aid in stepping in the right direction.

Sell Winnik,he will walk/can be replaced. Keep Santorelli, great work ethic and we need depth/vets to surround our younger talent that will come in soon if we re-tool/rebuild. both would get around the same contract anyway(Komarov range)

Winnik, Lupul, Franson should go by deadline, netting us a 1st and a few 2nd's everyone else is probably an off-season move due to cap restrictions.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
hmmm Phaneuf is a piece Dallas badly needs(top pairing D), I think Nichuskin may be expendable in that case.

likely not though, that guy is gonna be special.

I strongly believe that Nichushkin wouldn't be moved in a deal for Phaneuf.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
If we are giving Phaneuf to Dallas... I would want one of Oleksiak, Ritchie, J.Cambell, Honka or there 1st... Nikush wont happen.

I dont think we should be selling anyone at the TDL except Franson, possibly Santo so we can tank harder and get a 2nd out of it and maybe Lupul because he might have more value now then in the off season..

Jake Gardiner should not be moved... He needs more time here.

Kessel and Phaneuf are off season moves if they happen.

Sep 14, 2009
Guelph
I think Dallas' first round pick is a reasonable return. They can't expect to pick up a top defenseman for nothing.

Sep 14, 2009
Guelph
Is that why Toronto is unloading him, because he's a top defenseman?

Or because our team is ****? We don't have the players to compete and our salary structure is a disaster. We won't even be able to keep some of our best players from this year (Winnik, Santorelli and Franson) because we have too many ****ters making too much money (Clarkson, Bozak and Kessel).

I want Phaneuf gone but I have no qualms about claiming he's a very good d-man. He's just not the leader of this team right now (which is fine if he's going to Dallas) and this team isn't going to get better. I'd rather strip it down and rebuild.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Can we send Rielly down to the Marlies please? Get him away from this mess and into a positive environment.

Sell UFAs Santo, Winnik and Franson at the deadline for picks and John Scott.

Send down Smith, Frattin and Rielly.

Bring up Orr, Devane, Broll, McLaren and McWilliams.

Keep Marlies intact and bolster their lineup.

Leafs tank...in a fun way.

I'm only half joking.

beer123

Nov 15, 2009
Hypothetically if Babcock is being woo'd by the Leafs to come next season, is it possible Leafs management is dangling the prospect of allowing to choose which players to trade for? Now is not a good time to trade anyone because a) The new player(s) may propel or motivate the team to play better temporarily thus landing them a pick in the 15-20 range, and b) Won't get full value for the players in preparation for Babcock.

It honestly feels like this year is a throwaway.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Phaneuf and depth prospect/player (Ashton, Frattin, MacWilliam, Holzer, etc) to Florida for Erik Gudbranson, Quinton Howden, cap dump (Fleishmann, Upshall, Boyes, Bergenheim, etc) and a 2nd round pick.

I think it's pretty fair. Florida bolsters it's defensive pairings by quite a bit while the Leafs get younger and upside. We can then buyout the cap dump or perhaps peddle that player to a team for a late pick in the summer.

Last edited:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
One more game and then hopefully we see some moves

The moves should start brewing now. I'm not saying to purge the roster now but Nonis or whoever is in charge of this pile of turd needs to make phone calls to get ready.

Get teams talking about value, needs and wants. The Leafs need to create a sense of direction so that they can get teams to get creative to buy their players for maximum value.

This needs to end. The players are in their tombstone and have no idea how to react anymore. They are done.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Sell Winnik,he will walk/can be replaced. Keep Santorelli, great work ethic and we need depth/vets to surround our younger talent that will come in soon if we re-tool/rebuild. both would get around the same contract anyway(Komarov range)

Winnik, Lupul, Franson should go by deadline, netting us a 1st and a few 2nd's everyone else is probably an off-season move due to cap restrictions.

I would put a price tag of a 1st rounder on both, and sell to the highest bidder at the deadline
...i think for what they can do for a playoff team we cam get that for both.

This type of player is always available for cheap in the off season, same as this past season.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
They aren't being coached to win. Horachek will be getting a bonus. Leafs learning a valuable lesson of what happens when organization is fed up with you. They won't even invest in a player or a proper coach. They just pulled the plug and that's it.

Players response is we are defeated while managements response is pretty much you're right, and you have no life boats to get outta here on.

This organization is the worst in the league. It's unreal.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

I'd trade Winnik and Santorelli..if we want them back we try and sign them in free agency. Keeping trade bait is not smart. Guys like Santorelli and Winnik are a dime a dozen in free agency. Trade them

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'd trade Winnik and Santorelli..if we want them back we try and sign them in free agency. Keeping trade bait is not smart. Guys like Santorelli and Winnik are a dime a dozen in free agency. Trade them

I agree. I wouldn't be upset if we could re-sign them to good contracts, because let's face it even if we do go through a purge we need some bodies either way, but my priority would be to trade every one of them.

If they aren't helping now, they certainly won't help us when we go through this transition, so might as well save us the trouble.

I'm sure every team going into the playoffs would absolutely love to pickup a Winnik or a Santorelli. They are dirt cheap and are great depth players. We can easily gain top 60 picks out of them.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Can we send Rielly down to the Marlies please? Get him away from this mess and into a positive environment.

Sell UFAs Santo, Winnik and Franson at the deadline for picks and John Scott.

Send down Smith, Frattin and Rielly.

Bring up Orr, Devane, Broll, McLaren and McWilliams.

Keep Marlies intact and bolster their lineup.

Leafs tank...in a fun way.

I'm only half joking.

While the majority of the post was tongue in cheek, does anyone think that the bolded is a possibility? They are pushing for a playoff spot with some strong AHL additions of Kozun, Ashton and Frattin.

Tyler Biggs*

More Santorelli type players. Honest 200 ft. players that will go to the dirty places and play smart and play for the team.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Phaneuf nets us a 1st RD pick...really? He is a #3 on any team. I just hope we get rid of him cause I can't stand his post game interviews preaching about work ethic.

Based on TDL history I would say Dion nets us a 1st+

Dmen of far worse caliber are moved at the TDL for at least a 1st rd pick. Its not like its going to be a top 5 pick though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark