FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.22, 1 Days to TDD, Anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
Absolutely not. We do not trade a young goalie with elite potential for a late 1st which is more like a 2nd. Only way I trade Bernier to Edmonton is for their 1st this year.

Bernier + Phaneuf for EDM 1st 2015 + PIT 1st 2015

No less. If not, then we would be more than happy to keep Jonathan. #1 goalies are like #1C... extremely hard to find.

they will obviously never trade that first

howeve they may consider moving Draistel with taking another C

Draistel, Pitt 1st adn cap dump for Bernier adn Phanuef or Gardiner?

Andrew Mack

Mar 20, 2009
Niagara Region, ON
Bruce Garrioch (Toronto Sun) says everyone EXCEPT for Rielly and Gardiner are available. Rielly I can see. Why Gardiner??? I don't understand the spell Gardiner has on some people.

Despite his holes there is still some promise there if he can raise his hockey IQ (albeit that seems unlikely). His value is likely very low, why trade him for scraps if we do not need the cap space any time soon. More value to ride it out and try to turn him around.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario

I'd rather keep Bernier, but if a guy like Draisatl is available, it's a done deal

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
There is no prize for posting a trade first. The real Bob McKenzie and Darren Dreger accounts have "verified" checkmarks so please don't fall for the fake accounts!

RLF

May 5, 2014

How do people expect EDM to fit Bernier and Phaneuf under the cap? Even if the cap dump was Ference at $3.25 they are still likely adding about $8mil by the time they re-sign Bernier.

If he goes there by deadline, I think it is more likely what I have said before.

Bernier for Scrivins, 1st (via pit), 2nd (Edm)

RLF

May 5, 2014
How do people expect EDM to fit Bernier and Phaneuf under the cap? Even if the cap dump was Ference at $3.25 they are still likely adding about $8mil by the time they re-sign Bernier.

If he goes there by deadline, I think it is more likely what I have said before.

I meant something like Bernier for Scrivins, 1st (via pit), 2nd (Edm)

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener

assuming Petry is gone thats 3 million
pouliot as cap dump? thats 4 million
4 million in cap space
11 million, phanuef at 7 and bernier at 5,

would be tight, is that cap going up ?

could also see them moving Eberle in anotehr deal, 6 million for smaller contracts

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If Edmonton and Toronto are dealmaking, and it is because they are interested in Bernier. I would expect this to turn into a big blockbuster deal of additional pieces. You can just name about any player on this roster with a little imagination.

RLF

May 5, 2014
4 million in cap space

could also see them moving Eberle in anotehr deal, 6 million for smaller contracts

Pouliot has 4 years at $4mil left though, do we want that? and they don't seem unhappy with him. Not impossible, I just don't see Phaneuf going as well. Too much cap money involved.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
They will... UFA's for sure. I believe I've seen Jokinen getting interest; same with Booth and Holzer. At the very least, there's 3 somewhat valuable guys gone. Sill and Smith we'll have to wait and see, but even those guys are valuable depth guys for cheap assets; maybe an add on depth player or something in a deal.

Not sure what valuable means, but if you mean 7th rounder (maybe 6th for Jokinen) for those guys, then OK. Sill and Smith are AHLers.

RLF

May 5, 2014
4 million in cap space

I could possibly see Phaneuf and Booth to Anaheim in a deal. We would be taking back cap obviously...Cogliano+pick+prospect type of thing

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
Pouliot has 4 years at $4mil left though, do we want that? and they don't seem unhappy with him. Not impossible, I just don't see Phaneuf going as well. Too much cap money involved.

I agree i don't think its realistic but for discussion puprposes.

maybe Gardiner is more realistic and with his history with Schultz

Gordon or Purcell, Draisetl and Pitt 1st for Bernier and Gardiner

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Los Angeles, Boston, Montreal and, to a certain extent, Pittsburgh and Vancouver, could all use some extra goal-scoring ability. Florida is also a wildcard. At least thats the impression that I have of those teams.

Florida added Jagr and Heatley. Seems like their plan was to add without breaking the prospect/pick bank.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Tor/Edmonton

Im sure Tor. has a few pieces MacT would like but don't see MacT coughing up what Tor. would want back. MacT says he would like this and like that... "I want a number one C" but when he hears the price he backs out.

I don't see Toronto gift wrapping Bernier but if you want to do Bozak and Bernier for your first(2015)+ Scrivens, then I guess he's yours.

Auston Matthews

Maple Leafs.
Dec 6, 2010
Mississauga
Keep Bernier, Rielly, Gardiner, JVR, Holland. Anybody else I'm fine with if they move. Deadline day would be fun if one of Lupul, Bozak, Kessel, or Phaneuf were moved. Coming back i'd love to see at least one more first round pick.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Keep Bernier, Rielly, Gardiner, JVR, Holland. Anybody else I'm fine with if they move. Deadline day would be fun if one of Lupul, Bozak, Kessel, or Phaneuf were moved. Coming back i'd love to see at least one more first round pick.

I just want one gone by the deadline. Just enough for me to have serious faith in a rebuild. As it is now, nothing that matters is gone

RLF

May 5, 2014
Im sure Tor. has a few pieces MacT would like but don't see MacT coughing up what Tor. would want back. MacT says he would like this and like that... "I want a number one C" but when he hears the price he backs out.

I don't see Toronto gift wrapping Bernier but if you want to do Bozak and Bernier for your first(2015)+ Scrivens, then I guess he's yours.

There is no Leaf or combination of Leaf players that will get EDM's 1st.imo

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Not sure what valuable means, but if you mean 7th rounder (maybe 6th for Jokinen) for those guys, then OK. Sill and Smith are AHLers.

Meh, it's not bad. Jokinen is one of the best center UFA's available now that McClement and Vermette are gone. A team may pay more than that now. Booth, well a 7th isn't bad. He's cheap depth, what can you say. Maybe a team will spring for something decent once they realize it's either overpay for a 3rd liner or get a good deal on a 3rd/4th liner like Booth. Sill and Smith are also cheap depth; Sill is a guy who could do well in the playoffs; he's an agitator with some PK ability and other skills. Those make good 13th forwards/ 4th liners, and he costs 550k.

RLF

May 5, 2014
Florida added Jagr and Heatley. Seems like their plan was to add without breaking the prospect/pick bank.

Which is smart. They would like to make the playoffs I'm sure, but don't mortgage the future or change the chemistry too much id a good plan.imo

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Gardiner?

I just want one gone by the deadline. Just enough for me to have serious faith in a rebuild. As it is now, nothing that matters is gone

If the right deal came for him? I don't think he is a cornerstone for a rebuild.I would dump him for a mid first this year.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Well there is actually...

There is no Leaf or combination of Leaf players that will get EDM's 1st.imo

But it depends on how the draft goes. MacT would flip for Bozak if we land 4th.I think Provorov/Hannifin is the guy MacT wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad