F Teuvo Teräväinen - Jokerit, SM-Liiga (2012, 18th overall, Chicago)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Few smaller mistakes which were because of he was trying to impress them or being nervous about playing in front of the guys whom basicly decides about hes hockey career. Hard to explain but i saw it the way he was trying to impress.

I know you were paying more attention to Teräväinen but what did you think of Teemu Pulkkinen yesterday? Jokerit fans were saying he didn't have a good game yesterday either but still put that one-time pass to Filppula. Post your possible views here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1080781&page=2

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Here's some highlights from his first season in the SM-liiga:

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Here's some highlights from his first season in the SM-liiga:

Zach Parise should be good comparison for Teravainen not by upside but playing style. Alot of goals scored infront of goal by good positioing.

GranlundMagic

May 14, 2011
Finland
Whoever gets this kid is lucky to have him. Top10 -> This is a steal believe it or not.

- Amazing hands
- Amazing vision
- His first year playing with men and he is doing so well ( Pulkkinen, Granlund etc. couldn't do anything like this in their debut year )
- He can run Powerplay probably better than anyone else in his team.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Whoever gets this kid is lucky to have him. Top10 -> This is a steal believe it or not.

- Amazing hands
- Amazing vision
- His first year playing with men and he is doing so well ( Pulkkinen, Granlund etc. couldn't do anything like this in their debut year )

What you're talking about?? Granlund was nearly PPG in his debut year.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
Technically Granlund played 3 games in his debut year but that was the year before his draft year, so it's not a good argument

Leehh

Oct 8, 2011
Austria
What you're talking about?? Granlund was nearly PPG in his debut year.

Don't forget that Granlund was playing with players such as Peltonen, Hovitch( dunno how hes name is spelled too lazy to check it out) and Kuhta and he started straight away in 2nd line.

Teravainen had to earn hes ice-time in a lot more stacked team through out injuries than HIFK was at 09 ( that's what i call performing and showing the potential one has ).

Correct me if im wrong but if i remember correctly Teravainen started on 3rd and 4th line with 7-10minutes / game, so you kinda can't compare their first seasons, since Granlund was planted on a line and he was given the opportunity to play against 3rd and 4th liners and to run PP2 line with top players of Finland.

Teravainen is showing a lot more potential than Granlund was as a rookie.

Cracking the line up as rookie > getting the opportunity on a goldplate.

The Saw Is the Law

Jul 31, 2010
Don't forget that Granlund was playing with players such as Peltonen, Hovitch( dunno how hes name is spelled too lazy to check it out) and Kuhta and he started straight away in 2nd line.

He played majority of the season with Ramstedt and Ahtola

True. Way more NHL ready than Granlund during his rookie season

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010

Teravainen had to earn hes ice-time in a lot more stacked team through out injuries than HIFK was at 09 ( that's what i call performing and showing the potential one has ).

Correct me if im wrong but if i remember correctly Teravainen started on 3rd and 4th line with 7-10minutes / game, so you kinda can't compare their first seasons, since Granlund was planted on a line and he was given the opportunity to play against 3rd and 4th liners and to run PP2 line with top players of Finland.

Granlund cracked the lineup just like Teräväinen did, only he was able to do that right from the start, as Teräväinen played 10 or so games in the lower lines. Granlund wasn't offered the place on a Golden plate, he deserved it and showed everyone that he was more than worth his place.

Teräväinen is playing with very good line mates, just like Granlund did in his rookie season. Also Granlund got to play in the EHT tournament and was a candidate to play in the final tournament. Saying he's showing a lot more potential than Granlund at the same age is ridiculous.

Leehh

Oct 8, 2011
Austria
Granlund cracked the lineup just like Teräväinen did, only he was able to do that right from the start, as Teräväinen played 10 or so games in the lower lines. Granlund wasn't offered the place on a Golden plate, he deserved it and showed everyone that he was more than worth his place.

Teräväinen is playing with very good line mates, just like Granlund did in his rookie season. Also Granlund got to play in the EHT tournament and was a candidate to play in the final tournament. Saying he's showing a lot more potential than Granlund at the same age is ridiculous.

This is only what i 've heard:

Granlund singed with IFK because Karpat didn't give him the opportunity to play on their team and they wanted him to play in juniors to get more experience, then IFK stepped in and offered him a deal that he will start straight away in their line-up, they will build line around him and if he won't cash in he won't be moved to their junior team.

So shortly said he was one hell of a lucky fellow because there was a high-end organization which trust him, he did cash in and was offered the opportunity on a golden plate.

Remember that this is the way I see it, you don't have to agree with me.

tonttuzi

Jul 19, 2011
Finland

Granlund singed with IFK because Karpat didn't give him the opportunity to play on their team and they wanted him to play in juniors to get more experience, then IFK stepped in and offered him a deal that he will start straight away in their line-up, they will build line around him and if he won't cash in he won't be moved to their junior team.

So shortly said he was one hell of a lucky fellow because there was a high-end organization which trust him, he did cash in and was offered the opportunity on a golden plate.

that's not even close what happened, maybe someone with more fluint english can explain how it really happened.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010

HIFK gave him the spot because they felt he was good enough to take the place. I don't understand how that in any way takes something away from Granlund's rookie season.

Latex*

Peltonen wasn't even in IFK when Granlund debuted you ****ing idiot. You have bypassed thomast as the worst homer around these boards. That said, I'm not very high on Mig either.

Granin

Jul 16, 2011

From what I remember (well I did find some old posts on jatkoaika.com :D) about the whole contract issue with Kärpät was that they needed to sign a pro contract so Granlund could play his first SM-liiga games. It was done in a hurry and the length of the contract was left open. But Kärpät had kept both copies of the contract and then changed some things on it AFTER the signing was done, most notably the length, basically making his junior contract a pro contract for the next 2 years, paying him next to nothing compared to his actual value. Granlund, his parents and agent naturally didn't like it all, especially the fact that Kärpät had changed the contract without telling them, which I think is illegal anyway, and while Kärpät claimed it was just an honest mistake, Granlund wanted out of the team. Obviously the fact that Granlund had got very few opportunities to play in Sm-liiga despite playing at a little over 1.6 PPG pace in juniors didn't help either. In the end IFK had the best offer and that signing turned out pretty well for them :)

Now why did IFK give Granlund a spot on the team? Because they knew he was good enough for it. And in the pre-season games he showed he can play in the top 6. And when the season began, he played at a PPG pace from the start, playing with Ramstedt and Ahtola, and at some point I think he was top 5 or at least top 10 in scoring the whole SM-liiga. Trust me Granlund would have been in the top 6 on any team in SM-liiga.

Now to bring this somewhat back on topic, Teräväinen is playing really well at the moment, and has obviously developed A LOT from last year when he had 3 goals in 26 games in junior A, though he might have had some injuries. He's surely going to be picked in the first round and his recent fast development bodes well for the future. But Granlund's rookie year was one of the best ever in SM-liiga by an u18 player and I think you're underestimating it quite a bit.

bebl

Jul 5, 2008
Finland

I think Granlund took the place of the team in exhibition games. And i always thought Granlund was projected to play in juniors. He just outplayed Matias Loppi and took his place in team and played with Ramstedt and Ahtola.

Leehh

Oct 8, 2011
Austria
Peltonen wasn't even in IFK when Granlund debuted you ****ing idiot. You have bypassed thomast as the worst homer around these boards. That said, I'm not very high on Mig either.

I don't have favourite team in FEL i do follow interesting players, young talented players and my old favourites. I never followed Granlund that much so i would remember with who he played in what year, i just remember that he played with Peltonen and Kuhta.

Simply i just don't like him because hes bit too much of a showman. If i wanna watch a show i turn on a TV, go to broadway or to circus.

After all hockey is hockey.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

- Amazing hands
- Amazing vision

That's more a detriment to the coaching staff for organizing the special teams in such sh..crappy way for most of the season. If you want to compare Granlund and Teräväinen, Granlund definitely had better coaching when he made his debut. Teräväinen, not so much (head coach at least).

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
I don't have favourite team in FEL i do follow interesting players, young talented players and my old favourites. I never followed Granlund that much so i would remember with who he played in what year, i just remember that he played with Peltonen and Kuhta.

Simply i just don't like him because hes bit too much of a showman. If i wanna watch a show i turn on a TV, go to broadway or to circus.

After all hockey is hockey

He's a showman?? He's like the opposite of showman, he never makes a big deal of himself. Obviously he's expected to do media stuff because you can print money with his face these days. And after all hockey is a big business with a lot of money going around.

TheRocket87

Nov 26, 2010
Not the most impressive highlight video I've seen. He's got pretty good offensive instincts, but I'm not too high on him. I think people comparing him to the Granlunds, Armia or Vatanen are way off.

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
Not the most impressive highlight video I've seen. He's got pretty good offensive instincts, but I'm not too high on him. I think people comparing him to the Granlunds, Armia or Vatanen are way off.
He isn't good as the Granlunds, Armia or Vatanen, but he'll be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland