F Teuvo Teräväinen - Jokerit, SM-Liiga (2012, 18th overall, Chicago)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
armia might be more skilled with the puck tho. I don't count deking as creativity

Actually deking is creativity, you could just skate and try to shoot every time... or you can be creative and play the defenseman out. Deking is much more than just skill.

Keeptdos

May 1, 2011
Finland
We missed on Toni Rajala, a lot. Everyone thought he'd be drafted in the first round. Same goes for Pulkkinen, but I still think he was a huge steal.

And Ma. Granlund was supposed to be 4th-5th round pick. Personally I think Teräväinen won't make top15 but I see him making top20.

Last edited:

Leehh

Oct 8, 2011
Austria
Actually deking is creativity, you could just skate and try to shoot every time... or you can be creative and play the defenseman out. Deking is much more than just skill.

Armia doesn't deke that much, he usually just drives to net like a big guys should do. Let's say that teravainen tries to deke a d, he starts of good is about to go around and suddenly that dmen just pushes Teravainen away from puck and takes it.

In most cases deking is all about big body and reach not about creativity, Armia does use them well.

Also don't bring Datsyuk in this discussion, because you can't compare anyone to him when it comes to deking.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
In most cases deking is all about big body and reach not about creativity, Armia does use them well.

It is creativity, google the word if you don't understand the meaning of it. Same if you give an unexpected pass which you say is creativity, you make an unexpected move.

And what are you watching? Armia dekes almost all the time, sometimes too much.

Leehh

Oct 8, 2011
Austria
It is creativity, google the word if you don't understand the meaning of it. Same if you give an unexpected pass which you say is creativity, you make an unexpected move.

And what are you watching? Armia dekes almost all the time, sometimes too much.

I pretty much aware of what creativity means, i just see it a lot more creative when one outplays opponent without moving which actually requires hellalot more skill compared to Armia's driving to net.

I just don't see any creativity ( on 80% of the goals he just shoots it or drives to net without any deking ) if you do see it, please teach me the way you look ones game.

You know you kinda can't argue on things you like/prefer said a dog after licking hes arse. No need to insult just because i don't agree with you.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
I pretty much aware of what creativity means, i just see it a lot more creative when one outplays opponent without moving which actually requires hellalot more skill compared to Armia's driving to net.

I just don't see any creativity ( on 80% of the goals he just shoots it or drives to net without any deking ) if you do see it, please teach me the way you look ones game.

You know you kinda can't argue on things you like/prefer said a dog after licking hes arse. No need to insult just because i don't agree with you.

If you think Armia doesn't deke enough or that he has no creativity you clearly haven't watched any of his games. Or then you have done so blind.

Leehh

Oct 8, 2011
Austria
If you think Armia doesn't deke enough or that he has no creativity you clearly haven't watched any of his games. Or then you have done so blind.

He doesn't do deking that much. Actually he's playing more linear now than last year which is good thing, it's a lot easier to transform game to NHL rink which is linear, so yeah it's a good thing.

Leehh

Oct 8, 2011
Austria
I'd like to know why they describe him as "arduous/tricky teenage star"

He didn't come home in time from rinks? Bad in school? Bad behavior?

What i did myself as a teen: Every winter i skipped school like every second day when i was 11-16years old just to play hockey for ~12 hours, nothing else mattered me that much back then.

Marre

Mar 10, 2004
I'd like to know why they describe him as "arduous/tricky teenage star"

He didn't come home in time from rinks? Bad in school? Bad behavior?

According to full version he used to have coachability issues, needed to be disciplined a lot and his coach needed to try every trick to handle him. Anyway has matured a lot since. Also really started to work only about a year ago, when he noticed that others were doing better and being much stronger and he couldn't count only on his talent, but had to also do the work.

Last edited:

Leehh

Oct 8, 2011
Austria
Seems like Teravainen is taking Pulkkinen's spot on roster, there is rumors that Pulkkinen will be playing in juniors and Teravainen in FEL.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Seems like Teravainen is taking Pulkkinen's spot on roster, there is rumors that Pulkkinen will be playing in juniors and Teravainen in FEL.

Right move, Pulkkinen has been pretty bad lately. Maybe this wakes him up... or not.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Right move, Pulkkinen has been pretty bad lately. Maybe this wakes him up... or not.
Pulu is having some sort of leg injury.

It will be nice to see how Teuvo takes the playoff games cause the physicality and speed goes to another level.

Leehh

Oct 8, 2011
Austria
Pulu is having some sort of leg injury.

It will be nice to see how Teuvo takes the playoff games cause the physicality and speed goes to another level.

He's healthy scratched, no injury. If Teravainen can just pull it off ( fill those boots they're offering him ) and also dominate U18 wc this year he will be drafted TOP-10 no doubt about it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
He's healthy scratched, no injury. If Teravainen can just pull it off ( fill those boots they're offering him ) and also dominate U18 wc this year he will be drafted TOP-10 no doubt about it.

He keeps this up, he'll be playing SM-liiga playoff when the tournament is on...

Exalted User
Dec 14, 2010
Babylon
His numbers in Jr.A and U18 international are very impressive for this season. What role does he play on Jokerit? Third or fourth line i'd presume? His numers are impressive none the less.

Is he a bit on the light side? EP lists him as 165lbs. Is that in the ball park or completely off?

What's his upside?

ToBBa

Mar 5, 2011
Finland
His numbers in Jr.A and U18 international are very impressive for this season. What role does he play on Jokerit? Third or fourth line i'd presume? His numers are impressive none the less.

In today's game he is playing on the second line. Anyway I'd say that Jokerit has actually 3 first lines.

One assist so far in today's game. :nod:

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010

Is he a bit on the light side? EP lists him as 165lbs. Is that in the ball park or completely off?

What's his upside?

He started on the 4th line but got to play in the higher lines when Jokerit had a lot of injuries. He really shined and now he's a big part of their top-9, and plays the PP as well. It's a pretty amazing feat really, it's a tough lineup to break into.

You can still see that he's very young as he still struggles in corner play. But his puck skills are something else. The way he plays the pp reminds me of Granlund, very smooth hands, plays calmly and gives great passes. Unlike Granlund at the same age, Teräväinen is a VERY slick skater.

edit: 0+2 so far tonight. The second pass was very impressive

Last edited:

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
I think Jääkiekkolehti and Veikkaaja also had him at 84 kilos in their respective season previews.
whaaaat... In every NT measurement he's been around 74-75. Last year he was 70, you guys think he would actually gained 14 kilos of mass? I doubt it. Besides, he looks super scrawny. 84 is actually very normal for a full grown player of his height.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad