F Teuvo Teräväinen - Jokerit, SM-Liiga (2012, 18th overall, Chicago)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
I am not Jokerit fan, actually i hate them, but i like this player and he has been better and better every game. He have lot of skills and he is one of those rare young Finnish player who has get played in FEL top 2 lines in past years at this age. He have now 18 games in FEL and points 4+2=6, last 2 games he has 1+2=3. Now when i have saw more his playing, i am almost sure that he will go first round in next summer and he could be surprise everyone and go very high in first if he goes playing like last games. In 2000 and after there are only few Finnish forwards with Teuvo who has played this age high lines in FEL and could produce good points. Those others are Mikael Granlund, Joel Armia, Tuomo Ruutu and Alexander Barkov.

So here is info to Teuvo Teräväinen

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I guess I'll be the first poster in an OFFICIAL thread. He should be a high second round pick. I don't see him being a first rounder. Seems to have top 9 potential but I think he could easily bust as well. Medium reward, high risk pick IMO.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
I guess I'll be the first poster in an OFFICIAL thread. He should be a high second round pick. I don't see him being a first rounder. Seems to have top 9 potential but I think he could easily bust as well. Medium reward, high risk pick IMO.

Medium reward? Are you kidding? This kid looks like Detroit pick and he's huge sleeper. Very good skater with great vision and hard work. His best asset is definetly his offensive imagination, he can make unexpected passes. IMO he gonna be better than Armia in the future. But still agree Late first to early 2nd.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

We don't need to make official threads for every Finnish prospect in the Prospect forum... We have the Finland forum for that.

But in all honesty I don't think he's deserving of the hype...

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
Sleeper pick. Very, very similar player to Valtteri Filppula IMO. Great offensive instincts+hockey sense, pass-first player, good skating, not very physical. Mid 2nd rounder IMO. Has NHL potential for sure, especially if he becomes as good 2-way player as Filppula is nowadays.

Detroit sounds like a great fit for Teuvo.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Sleeper pick. Very, very similar player to Valtteri Filppula IMO. Great offensive instincts+hockey sense, pass-first player, good skating, not very physical. Mid 2nd rounder IMO. Has NHL potential for sure, especially if he becomes as good 2-way player as Filppula is nowadays.

Detroit sounds like a great fit for Teuvo.

Teuvo is ahead Filppula as 17 year old offensively but i would be very happy if he ends up as good as Filppula but has potential to be better. Teuvo plays physical and gritty game but his body isn't fully developed yet, hard worker aswell. I think that Detroit would be perfect for Teräväinen to develope and would pan out in that system.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
Medium reward? Are you kidding? This kid looks like Detroit pick and he's huge sleeper. Very good skater with great vision and hard work. His best asset is definetly his offensive imagination, he can make unexpected passes. IMO he gonna be better than Armia in the future. But still agree Late first to early 2nd.

One of the best hockey sense, vision, creativity among 2012 eligible.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
If we compare The Stamp and Teräväinen what are the biggest differences? Is Teräväinen like Granlund with Usain Bolt's legs?

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
If we compare The Stamp and Teräväinen what are the biggest differences? Is Teräväinen like Granlund with Usain Bolt's legs?

Yes i think that's close opinion. Still Teräväinen hasn't that good playmaking skills and IQ, don't see the ice like Mikke, but i think closer compare is Markus Granlund whit bigger upside and he is better now what Markus was a year ago. In my opinion, Teräväinen will go first round or early second.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009

Pretty nice play him at 1.10 . Knocks down opposite player in the own zone and couple seconds after that he's making very nice setup for an goal. He is different calibre than Markus Granlund was at his draft year but Markus have developed alot during this season. Ma. Granlund had 52pts in 40 games at A-SM at his draft year. Teräväinen has 20pts 12 goals in 11 games at A-SM this year. Now hes regular in most stacked roster of FEL. In the right system this kid is an gem, in the wrong system i don't even know if he ever gonna end up as an NHL-player.

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
Teuvo is ahead Filppula as 17 year old offensively but i would be very happy if he ends up as good as Filppula but has potential to be better. Teuvo plays physical and gritty game but his body isn't fully developed yet, hard worker aswell. I think that Detroit would be perfect for Teräväinen to develope and would pan out in that system.

Yeah, Filppula didnt score nearly as much as Teräväinen has scored this year in A-juniors. But when Filppula played in juniors he was touted as an almost sure future NHL-player in years to come. At least in Finland I mean. His talent/potential was just plain obvious, altough he struggled in 3rd line role with limited ice-time in his first A-junior season. Filppula´s point totals in juniors are generally really underwhelming considering how good he really was back then. He should have played in Sm-liiga already in 02-03 season, but Jokerit was stacked at the time (Peltonen,Pakaslahti,Pesonen,Hentunen,Voutilainen,Valtonen,Nemirovsky,Aalto). Thats why I wouldnt place Teuvo ahead of Filppula just yet.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Pretty nice play him at 1.10 . Knocks down opposite player in the own zone and couple seconds after that he's making very nice setup for an goal. He is different calibre than Markus Granlund was at his draft year but Markus have developed alot during this season. Ma. Granlund had 52pts in 40 games at A-SM at his draft year. Teräväinen has 20pts 12 goals in 11 games at A-SM this year. Now hes regular in most stacked roster of FEL. In the right system this kid is an gem, in the wrong system i don't even know if he ever gonna end up as an NHL-player.

:laugh: :laugh: Good one. Not even Jokerit fans believe that.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
It's crazy how good reports a player can recieve and how good a skillset a player can have without being considered a consensus 1st rounder.

Jussi said:
Good one. Not even Jokerit fans believe that.
Which team do you think is more stacked? Jokerit has had some issues with injuries but if they have their full rosterthey are the most stacked team. They have very good players throughout the top 3 lines, and also have a 4th line that are very good grinders (Mäki, Heino, Ben-Amor). Without injuries it's almost impossible for a 17-year-old kid to get any icetime.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
There is peoples who thinks that he's top 15 and people who says not a chance in 1st. But i actualy think him going Late first to Detroit, Philly and other teams who have good experience with smaller guys with huge upside, Teuvo could be 6'0 at prime which isn't that small. Size is starting to be most overrated attribute.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
:laugh: Not compared to IFK. Niclas Hardt? Tomi Mäki? Tyrväinen? Kerälä?

HIFK has better top 6 but can't match in depth. Ifk has most stacked top 6 Jokerit has most stacked offense.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
Thank god that there are others around here who see it this way. Though I was the only one since I got over 9000 angry replies from finns in every ****ing thread when I said that he won't be picked in the 1st round.

I don't see many people throwing arguments as to why he shouldn't be a 1st rounder, would you like to give some reasons? I don't mind people saying whatever they will as long as they have reason. All the reasons thus far have been something like "He didn't play in the WJC" or "Doesn't have good enough stats in SM-liiga". To me, these are not valid arguments.

Scouts don't look it like that. They don't base their decisions on a newcomer coaches decisions (Helminen didn't pick him on the team, someone else could have) or numbers on a paper. The look at talent, skill, work ethic, and how they expect the skill and talent to translate to the North American game.

I'm not saying that he will go in the first, I just think that he definately has what it takes if things go right.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
HIFK has better top 6 but can't match in depth. Ifk has most stacked top 6 Jokerit has most stacked offense.

High/drunk much? Jokerit 4th line pales in comparison to the HIFK counterpart and when IFK can put Petteri Wirtanen on the 3rd line, it's not very close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->