F Martin Necas - HC Kometa Brno, CZE JRS (2017, 12th, CAR)

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
I feel like he'll drop a lot but more because of lack of scouting.

He won't drop, he will only drop in armchair scout ranks because they haven't watched him. You can bet every NHL team has sent a scout to watch him first hand and understand what type of player he is.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
The latest Tanknation has Detroit drafting him at #7, Don't see Detroit being interested in Necas though.

I could very much see Detroit being interested in Necas, especially in the 7-9 range and especially if they conclude he might be able to play center in NA pro hockey. I like him because he isn't really redundant in terms of what Detroit has in its system.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I feel like he'll drop a lot but more because of lack of scouting.

Sounds like a Red Wings pick. Llike they did with Hronek.

Build a new Czech-connection...

I really liked to see a right-handed playmaking Center in our system with many many left-handed shooters.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
He would be so much more hyped if he was playing in the CHL

This. See what CHL did to Hischier. I really doubt he would be viewed as a top 2 player in the draft had he stayed in Switzerland.

I don't have a crystal ball so I don't know how would Necas fare in the CHL, but I do think he would be dominant.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I could very much see Detroit being interested in Necas, especially in the 7-9 range and especially if they conclude he might be able to play center in NA pro hockey. I like him because he isn't really redundant in terms of what Detroit has in its system.

He should definitely be available when we pick, If Timothy Liljegren is definitely off the boards when we pick then i could see Holland possibly going after Necas he could be a pretty safe bet around the 7th overall pick we shall see.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Had another goal tonight. Also took a somewhat stupid penalty that sent his team into playing 3-on-5 PK, but since they were leading 7:0 at the time, it didn't matter much (it was that kind of a game :laugh: )

Fun fact: tied for 1st place on his team in playoff goals (4); only two players in the entire Extraliga have more goals at 5 and 6, but they both played 13 games compared to Nečas's 7.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
He looks really good. What an intriguing draft, can't wait to see which teams picks what.

Wouldn't mind the Canucks drafting him. Really like his speed and tenacity on this particular shift. Thanks Steve!

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Please explain why some people see this guy going top 5. I am not seeing why people rate him that highly...

Strong 2 way player with high hockey iq and offensive skills. He is the next best forward after nico/Nolan. Wouldn't be surprised one bit if he was taken 3rd overall by any team.

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
He's not hurting his stock in these playoffs, that's for sure. I really like his positional awareness and overall hockey IQ, it's remarkable for a player his age. He had one bad pass in his own zone and an unnecessary penalty over the last few games but apart from that, his play just oozes intelligence and maturity. He's already good or very good at everything, just needs to add a lot more muscle.

Babula

May 31, 2012
So, what is better for his development ? Czech extraliga final serie or U-18 WJC championship ??? Probably Martin personally wants to play for league cup... I´m about to say, I understand him... He is second best scorer on that team at the moment.

Last edited:

Sipak4

Dec 18, 2014
So, what is better for his development ? Czech extraliga final serie or U-18 WJC championship ??? Probably Martin personally wants to play for league cup... I´m about to say, I understand him... He is second best scorer on that team at the moment.

We consider only "what is better for Necas". I thing Czech team can make success with him and it helps rest of U18 players like Safin, Kvasnicka, Galvas and Chytil.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004

I would think it would depend on how Cometa is using him, in that you'd want to see him get the most playing time against decent opposition. But if he's the second leading scorer on the team, I don't think that is an issue, and he should probably stay and try to win a championship in a senior league, rather than play against a bunch of young kids.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
haven't watched a comprehensive reel on him until today, reminds me a lot of Kasperi Kapanen when he has the puck - fast hands/shot/speed/slight build. A little exposure bias as a Leaf fan but reminded me a lot of Kapanen

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Him and Petterson have interesting outlooks, both seem to have the best potentials in the draft it seems but neither seem to have much exposure yet.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Overrated player. Not top 5 worthy.

Quite the opposite actually. Poeple here don't follow Extraliga, so the best they can do is to compare him to the only other Czech 1st rounder that got drafted out that league in the last 10 years, Tomas Hertl. That makes Necas's stats look lackluster. But he absolutely has one of the highest ceilings in the draft and is the best Czech prospect since Voracek probably.

Agree to disagree about him I guess.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Quite the opposite actually. Poeple here don't follow Extraliga, so the best they can do is to compare him to the only other Czech 1st rounder that got drafted out that league in the last 10 years, Tomas Hertl. That makes Necas's stats look lackluster. But he absolutely has one of the highest ceilings in the draft and is the best Czech prospect since Voracek probably.

Agree to disagree about him I guess.
Zacha was the most hyped Czech in recent memory. Surprised you have Necas ahead. Although, I can see why people would like Necas more than Zacha depending on what they value in a prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad