F Martin Necas - HC Kometa Brno, CZE JRS (2017, 12th, CAR)

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
After seeing him in WHC 17 I had to make the thread.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=237071

Great skating, fast, very good hands, great hockey IQ. Will rather pass than shoot.
He was very impressive in WHC 17, among the best Czechs. Someone to keep eye on.

Yeah he fully deserves his own thread. Best player for Czechs in that tournament. And most of the talk has been about Ostap Safin(who was just OK). Necas definitely outplayed him.
He just needs to grow a bit.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Little off topic but guys.. if you saw the games (looks like you did) how were players like Galvas, Zelingr, Kral, Zadina, Kondelik.. or were there some players besides these ones that standed out? Thanks in advance

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Little off topic but guys.. if you saw the games (looks like you did) how were players like Galvas, Zelingr, Kral, Zadina, Kondelik.. or were there some players besides these ones that standed out? Thanks in advance

Since it's offtopic, I will post some thoughts on the Czech prospect thread.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Martin Necas has been very, very impressive in the Hlinka cup so far. Probably the best Czech player there, even better than Zadina. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he started to appear as a 1st rounder in some preliminary rankings.

Sipak4

Dec 18, 2014
I hope he'll make first Brno team. It will be too difficult. Their roster is very strong.
Imagine line like Vincour-Necas-Zatovic :naughty:

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
I hope he'll make first Brno team. It will be too difficult. Their roster is very strong.
Imagine line like Vincour-Necas-Zatovic :naughty:

He was promised a top 6 position, most likely Kvapil - Necas - Zatovic line.

He just scored a hattrick against an EBEL league team (Znojmo)
Kometa Brno could be very fun to watch this year, very strong team with youngsters Necas and possible call-ups in Mikyska, Skvrne, Kral or Zabransky.

Vogel

Apr 28, 2013
He was promised a top 6 position, most likely Kvapil - Necas - Zatovic line.

He just scored a hattrick against an EBEL league team (Znojmo)
Kometa Brno could be very fun to watch this year, very strong team with youngsters Necas and possible call-ups in Mikyska, Skvrne, Kral or Zabransky.

Actually, he is playing with Kvapil and Erat.

His goals (time 0:20, 0:39 and 0:57): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lISKF0LmJIQ

Benso

Dec 4, 2013
Whether or not this kid is a top pick in this draft, I'm keeping a close eye on him. I think he could be the next big Czech in the future, and has so much room in his frame/game to develop. Thanks for that vid Vogel. Could be a huge riser this year. Where do you guys think he would go if the draft was now?

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Whether or not this kid is a top pick in this draft, I'm keeping a close eye on him. I think he could be the next big Czech in the future, and has so much room in his frame/game to develop. Thanks for that vid Vogel. Could be a huge riser this year. Where do you guys think he would go if the draft was now?

Whenever I see this kid play I am amazed. Very skilled, fast, competetive. If the draft happened he would probably go in range of 45-60 judging from some early rankings. I think he could rise to top 20 though.

By the way, he scored pretty goals. Not just some lucky rebounds.

Babula

May 31, 2012
Martin Necas has been very, very impressive in the Hlinka cup so far. Probably the best Czech player there, even better than Zadina. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he started to appear as a 1st rounder in some preliminary rankings.

this

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
So he's projected as 11th overall in Craig Button's September rankings and had his first career Extraliga point today against Mladá Boleslav. I wonder how many points is he going to score this season if he stays on the first line for a substantial number of games. Anything over 0.5 PPG would be awesome imo.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
So he's projected as 11th overall in Craig Button's September rankings and had his first career Extraliga point today against Mladá Boleslav. I wonder how many points is he going to score this season if he stays on the first line for a substantial number of games. Anything over 0.5 PPG would be awesome imo.

From what I heard he was really good today, if he keeps getting 14 minutes a game or more, it wouldn't surprise me if he got over 0.5 PPG. Just the fact he made it to the top 6 on such stacked team tells a lot.

SmartPuck

Mar 8, 2016
Button is right on the money with this ranking. This kid is so smart and so skilled.

martenz

Sep 25, 2016
He scored his first Extraliga goal today. So far he has 3 points in 6 games this season.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Playing between Erat and Kvapil. If he can hang around those two he will end season with 40 points.

dryz

Feb 10, 2011
Czechia
Second goal for him today. I really like what Kometa is doing with all those young kids.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Second goal for him today. I really like what Kometa is doing with all those young kids.

I like that still more and more teams are willing to play these young guys..
To this date overally 13 players under age of 18 played at least one match in Extraliga. In seasons 2015/16 and 2014/15 it was 9 and 2013/14 it was only 4 (and those are numbers trough the whole seasons, I suppose that the number of this year even increases). Hopefully it is a trend which wil continue.
But still, they could be giving those kids more minutes. What Kometa is doing with Necas is really cool and I hope that other teams will follow.

Last edited:

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
I'm so excited about Nečas. He's playing really well thus far with Erat and Kvapil. Being an Extraliga center on the 1st line in 17 is fantastic and i'm sure
we'll hear about him many times in the future.

Babula

May 31, 2012
gee. 26 nhl scouts just watching the game against Chomutov because of Martin Nečas. Is that for real ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->