Former Bruins EX Bruins Discussion Thread Part II All Talk Here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Paille was such a good Bruin. Didn't have the best hands or offensive awareness but had elite speed, very good defensive awareness, and had a sneaky good hitting game.

He's had a lot of concussions. This is sad to see. In fact, I kind of remember his play really dropping off after his last one while on the Bs.

Reactions: BMC

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Larkin got 4 games for the hit on Paille.

But he has also been reported to the police

And by reported that doesn't mean fans of Paille's team calling 9-1-1.

I heard on I think it was TSN yesterday that lawyers are involved and there is potentially something criminal that might come out of this for Larkin.

kebab

Mar 9, 2012
Sweden
And by reported that doesn't mean fans of Paille's team calling 9-1-1.

I heard on I think it was TSN yesterday that lawyers are involved and there is potentially something criminal that might come out of this for Larkin.

Exactly. It's my english thats bad.

We had a case here in Sweden not long ago were Jacob Lilja got a suspended sentence for a crosschecking.

Brynäs also said that they consider not to play in chl anymore as a protest for the short suspension.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Paille was such a good Bruin. Didn't have the best hands or offensive awareness but had elite speed, very good defensive awareness, and had a sneaky good hitting game.

He's had a lot of concussions. This is sad to see. In fact, I kind of remember his play really dropping off after his last one while on the Bs.

He was one of my favorites. I hate to see his career end like this but I won't be surprised if he has no choice after being hit like that. :(

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Exactly. It's my english thats bad.

We had a case here in Sweden not long ago were Jacob Lilja got a suspended sentence for a crosschecking.

Brynäs also said that they consider not to play in chl anymore as a protest for the short suspension.

I was just making a joke about the 9-1-1 thing (a little shot at the Hab fans).

Your english is fine, I knew what you were talking about.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Mark Recchi a perfect fit in hockey’s Hall of Fame

TORONTO — A tiny gift box cradled in his hands, the embodiment of his 22-year NHL career cast in karats, Mark Recchi sat on stage here at the Hall of Fame on Friday, quiet and ever respectful but as always a ball of eagerness and impatience.
The rest of his fellow 2017 inductees inside the hallowed building’s Grand Hall also held their boxes and waited, some looking too anxious, or too in awe, or too overwhelmed, even to glance at the rings inside.
But while Hall of Fame chairman Lanny McDonald duly rattled on about all their stats and accomplishments, Recchi could wait no more. He plucked his ring from the box, slipped it on his right hand, and delightfully got lost in the moment as he gently flexed his wrist and gazed at the glistening gold.

Mark Recchi a perfect fit in hockey’s Hall of Fame - The Boston Globe

Reactions: Ladyfan

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Nice to see Malcom Subban back in action last night for the Golden Knights. He took the loss 4-2 (en goal) but made 33 saves.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Another win for Subban last night. The kid is now 5-2 with a 2.19 GAA. Doesn't seem too bad to me.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Subban is now 7-2 with a 44 save win vs Nashville. Good for him, I just wish he had been given a chance here. What a brilliant transaction waiving this kid was.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Malcom Subban is now 8-2 with a 2.30 GAA. What a huge, HUGE mistake it was losing this kid. Losing him for nothing was beyond stupid.
Looks like he may be a great one. Good for him.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Malcom Subban is now 8-2 with a 2.30 GAA. What a huge, HUGE mistake it was losing this kid. Losing him for nothing was beyond stupid.
Looks like he may be a great one. Good for him.

Let's not overdo it here. He's had 11 appearances with the Knights. If he's still doing this a year later, then yeah, call it a bummer. If we compare Dobby's stats to Subban's at this point in the season, it's hard to call it a mistake, really, as a decision had to be made. I wish Subban the best and would have liked to see him stay in the org longer, but we have no idea if he can sustain this type of performance over the long run.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Is anyone seriously defending waiving him? This kid is a good young player. It's unfortunate he was never given a chance here.

Reactions: dabid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad