Former Bruins EX Bruins Discussion Thread Part II All Talk Here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southpaw123

Apr 9, 2017
Great friend from college is a NJ fan and says that Stafford has been great, glad he has had the opportunity and a steal for the DEvils when it comes to his salary. Now on the other hand they have Hayes.......good news is he has one goal, first since Dec 2016!!

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I guess this goes here, since I can't find the Craig Cunningham thread....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/tsn-original-all-heart~1241566

An update of sorts on former Bruin, former Tuscon Roadrunner captain Craig Cunningham, who collapsed from sudden cardiac arrest last November right before a game. He was placed on ECMO (extra-corporeal membrane oxygenation), and in the process, developed an infection in one of his legs necessitating partial amputation. He's now a scout in the Coyotes system, and is back on the ice to a limited extent.

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Possibly the worst trade in team history...

And if you really want a good laugh, go back and review the actual trade thread. Funny how many "knowledgeable" fans said the Bruins won the trade or even got the best player in the deal...

I'd say so. And barely 4 years later none of the assets that came this way are still with the team.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Koko now playing for a very mediocre Moscow Spartak with 18 points in 23 games. The team he left,St Petersburg, is 25-0-0-2

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Koko now playing for a very mediocre Moscow Spartak with 18 points in 23 games. The team he left,St Petersburg, is 25-0-0-2

Who cares what Khokhlachev is doing in some lower-tier league.

How is Zach Hamill doing these days? Because that is just as relevant.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Is that your criteria or the criteria in the thread title? Does that pertain to all threads? Your criteria?

Reactions: Dreghorn2

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Using this criteria, we can't talk about any of the prospects the Bruins have in the minors...:naughty:

Bruins prospects in the minors are Ex-Bruins?

I just don't get the fascination with a never-was, never-will-be player who bolted for the KHL two seasons ago.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Bruins prospects in the minors are Ex-Bruins?

I just don't get the fascination with a never-was, never-will-be player who bolted for the KHL two seasons ago.

It was a joke. Lighten up, man! :laugh:

In terms of Koko, it's because he never really got a fair shake here. I think that's why people lament his leaving. Sort of like Sobotka, since that was a similar kind of deal where he didn't really get a shot.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It was a joke. Lighten up, man! :laugh:

In terms of Koko, it's because he never really got a fair shake here. I think that's why people lament his leaving. Sort of like Sobotka, since that was a similar kind of deal where he didn't really get a shot.

Sorry bud I didn't get the joke. Over my head.

Sobotka I get, he went on to be a good player. I thought coming off a solid playoff in 2008, he would of been Boston's 4th line C the next year, and the years afterwards. Instead we got Yelle, then Begin.

I'll never agree with Koko not being given a shot. The time he did play, you'd be hard pressed to find a more ineffective player. His strengths were never strong enough to set himself apart, pretty good puck-handler and shooter, average skater (main reason he didn't make it IMO) , below average in everything else.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Sorry bud I didn't get the joke. Over my head.

Sobotka I get, he went on to be a good player. I thought coming off a solid playoff in 2008, he would of been Boston's 4th line C the next year, and the years afterwards. Instead we got Yelle, then Begin.

I'll never agree with Koko not being given a shot. The time he did play, you'd be hard pressed to find a more ineffective player. His strengths were never strong enough to set himself apart, pretty good puck-handler and shooter, average skater (main reason he didn't make it IMO) , below average in everything else.
Personally,I think you have no right to try to moderate the content or contributions of a thread,especially since the content was exactly as the thread was described. As for Koko,I don't think he was given a fair shake here,but I don't think Chris Bourque was either. I thought the most interesting point of my Koko comment was the record of St Petersburg.

Reactions: Dreghorn2

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Personally,I think you have no right to try to moderate the content or contributions of a thread,especially since the content was exactly as the thread was described. As for Koko,I don't think he was given a fair shake here,but I don't think Chris Bourque was either. I thought the most interesting point of my Koko comment was the record of St Petersburg.

You're right, my apologizes.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Nobody wants to admit how much we miss this guy. I'm not sure if it's because they're big Sweeney fans for some strange reason and want to try to justify the trade in their own minds, but we miss Looch as much as any former player ever. Terrible trade no matter what spin someone tries to put on it.

If you want lucic back offer edmonton a 4th round pick after this season. They are in cap hell next year and lucic/strome are out of favor. I think oilers prefer to keep hopkins/maroon

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Dougie Hamilton still drawing 4th defenseman minutes in year 6

Talent enough to be one of the best... but personality easily suited to be an average second pair guy.

Reminds me alot of glen wesley... but glen eventually became a respected vet.

I had real high hopes for hamilton and still believe he could become a stud... but he will need a heart transplant before that might happen

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Talent enough to be one of the best... but personality easily suited to be an average second pair guy.

I had real high hopes for hamilton and still believe he could become a stud... but he will need a heart transplant before that might happen

Always struck me as more of a Jay Bouwmeester.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

I would go for a brain transplant,he made some of the dumbest decisions these eyes have ever seen when he was here. Maybe experience has shaken those things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille