Former Bruins EX Bruins Discussion Thread Part II All Talk Here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Khudobin has been good, no doubt. There is no way that waiving him made sense, there had to be another way.

Anton Khudobin: 12-3-4 Record -- 2.34 GAA -- .923 SV%
Malcolm Subban: 11-3-1 Record -- 2.59 GAA -- .912 SV%

Khudobin has been better in the role that Subban would have been here. Waiving him made sense, since there was no other way to keep him, without exposing other players to waivers. Did you want to keep 3 goalies on the roster?

This kid is going to be a star in this league, too bad our management somehow fumbled this.

Funny you think he's going to be a "star in this league" off a great hot-streak to start the year on a team that was (and is) absolutely rolling. Subban did absolutely nothing here with Boston/Providence to warrant them keeping him up on the roster, and didn't hold enough value where a team wanted to trade for him.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
His stats on January 24th were:

11-2-1 Record
2.49 GAA
.912 SV%

What about those numbers make him a "top goalie"? Our backup goalie has better numbers across the board (the position Subban would have been in here, anyway). You made the post less than a month ago. BruinDust looked up the numbers and showed that when you made the post, Subban hasn't done anything in that month time frame. He's played 1 game over it (which he has said).

What's difficult to follow here and why do you need to get all *********? It was less than a month ago and when you made the post, Subban hasn't done anything over that period.

Apparently there is a statute of limitations on how far back a post can be before it's low-class to even comment on it. We weren't made aware of this. (Sarcasm).

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
anyways, Reilly Smith is the real ex-Bruin to play the 'was unfairly ran out of town by fans' card with.

19-32-51, +29 in 58 games. He is playing a damn good 2 way game as well.

ES (all ES situations) GA of only 29...better than Kopitar, Couturier, Toews, Barkov.

Kid never got a fair shake here being part of the Seguin deal. He became a lightning rod for the misdirected anger about the trade itself.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
anyways, Reilly Smith is the real ex-Bruin to play the 'was unfairly ran out of town by fans' card with.

19-32-51, +29 in 58 games. He is playing a damn good 2 way game as well.

ES (all ES situations) GA of only 29...better than Kopitar, Couturier, Toews, Barkov.

Kid never got a fair shake here being part of the Seguin deal. He became a lightning rod for the misdirected anger about the trade itself.

To be fair Reilly Smith sucked his last season here and turned into a player that was utterly useless if he wasn't scoring goals. That basically led to him being traded.

Reactions: Scruffy and Thrive

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Oilers looking to deal Lucic. I think by the end of his deal he will be on 2 more teams then eventually sign with the Bs to retire.

What I mean is I can see Lucic moved by the Oilers in some package than after a season or 2 he gets moved to another team for a "change of scenery" and to finish his deal then he will decide to sign with the Bs for a season or just 1 day and retire.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
To be fair Reilly Smith sucked his last season here and turned into a player that was utterly useless if he wasn't scoring goals. That basically led to him being traded.

it was also only his 2nd full season in the NHL. Even then he still ended up 7th in points, T-5th in goals on the team and a CFrel% of 4.4

He had a better sophomore season than Carlo is having now

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
His stats on January 24th were:

11-2-1 Record
2.49 GAA
.912 SV%

What about those numbers make him a "top goalie"? Our backup goalie has better numbers across the board (the position Subban would have been in here, anyway). You made the post less than a month ago. BruinDust looked up the numbers and showed that when you made the post, Subban hasn't done anything in that month time frame. He's played 1 game over it (which he has said).

What's difficult to follow here and why do you need to get all *********? It was less than a month ago and when you made the post, Subban hasn't done anything over that period.

If Rask put up a .912 save % he would be getting stoned by fans...

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
it was also only his 2nd full season in the NHL. Even then he still ended up 7th in points, T-5th in goals on the team and a CFrel% of 4.4

He had a better sophomore season than Carlo is having now

How is this even a good comparable? :laugh:

In any case, smith, much like butter dougie, didn't like it here, didn't fit with teammate, didn't like playing with Bergeron and Marchand.

Lament the loss of seguin, lament that the oilers chose Hall first. But don't waste your breathe wishing Reilly Smith was still here.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Last I'll say on the matter, but Spooner has consistently been one of our few guys driving offense this year, I don't like losing him at all and I hope it doesn't hurt the team. I know Spooner isn't perfect but the kid can definitely produce.

Reactions: Estlin

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
This place kills me. When Spooner was here, 99.9% of the people here couldn't get him out of town fast enough. Now that he's been traded, the same folks that wanted to run him out of town will lament his being moved for the next 8 years. Never change HF. Never change. :laugh:

Reactions: Estlin

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

That whole team was awful. They all had what seemed to be career lows. Not sure why he was every singled out. There were so many players with so much lack of effort..Worst Bruins season since the Lewis one.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Spooner for Nash as a playoff move makes sense for the Bruins, and probably really hurts Spooners value.

I wouldn't want to be his agent.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Ummm, why? Does he have some special talent that would be a huge benefit to us? Otherwise, we're just as well off with a guy like Pandolfo.
Think good, good follows

Everything is negative that's a recipe for disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad