Former Bruins EX Bruins Discussion Thread Part II All Talk Here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

I have to say I'm surprised by the negative reviews of Boychuk's post season play.

Not saying they're unfair, as I don't know any better. But Johnny Boychuk was a consistent playoff warrior for the Bruins. Always stepped up his game in a big way and it's one of the reasons he was so admired here.

I wonder what's happening with him.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

I have to say I'm surprised by the negative reviews of Boychuk's post season play.

Not saying they're unfair, as I don't know any better. But Johnny Boychuk was a consistent playoff warrior for the Bruins. Always stepped up his game in a big way and it's one of the reasons he was so admired here.

As I posted in the playoff thread, any defenseman that plays in Clode system for a while, will be burnt out quickly due to getting hit constantly. The get hit a lot waiting for the puck and trying to cycle it to the other side. It takes a lot out of the defenseman. My $.02.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Was able to watch 3 of the games in the series, and two vs the Panther`s MMB, IMO, the speed of the game killed him, he just couldn`t seem to get to the position he needed to be in order to either make a play, or prevent one from happening

Maybe we hear he was injured

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia

He looked hurt to me but I haven't seen enough of the Isles this season to say if he's looked like that for a while.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Phil Kessel play-offs

33-18-15-33

Brad Marchand playoffs

66-16-23-39

Oh no, now you've done it! Seriously, though, there is merit to a discussion of trading Marchand (for defensive help) instead of signing him to what will likely be an expensive contract. Not only is his value at an all-time high but also his post-2011 playoff performances, as you allude to in the above stats, should give one pause.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Phil Kessel play-offs

33-18-15-33

Brad Marchand playoffs

66-16-23-39

I hope Kessel wins the Stanley Cup. I remember that All-Star game a few years ago where he got picked last.

It seemed as though it was a humiliating experience (Ovechkin doing most of that) but Kessel smiled all the way through. If he wins, he should tell all the doubters to STICK IT !

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Phil Kessel play-offs

33-18-15-33

Brad Marchand playoffs

66-16-23-39

Kessel is significantly superior offensively, which would absolutely show in the goals assists and points stat line. Marchand is superior in every single other facet of hockey and Id take him over kessel every day of the week

hemispheres

Mar 13, 2013
boston,ma.
As I posted in the playoff thread, any defenseman that plays in Clode system for a while, will be burnt out quickly due to getting hit constantly. The get hit a lot waiting for the puck and trying to cycle it to the other side. It takes a lot out of the defenseman. My $.02.

If you are waiting for the puck rather then going and getting it you deserve to get hit and hit hard.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Bruins trade Kessel.
Draft Seguin.
Win Stanley Cup.

Given the chance to do it all over again, would you say no?

There are more than a few facts missing from your summary. You left out that they took a step back the following year, then got Horton to replace Kessel on the first line for the 2011 season.

The way you laid it out makes it sound like they dumped Kessel and instantly replaced him with Seguin, as if it was seamless. It wasn't. Kessel's production was greatly missed in 2010. To the point where Horton was acquired the following year. And Seguin wasn't what he is now at the start of his career. Also, who's to say that the team couldn't have won it before 11, if they had kept Kessel?

The supposition that you seem to be making is that the team couldn't and wouldn't have won it with a guy like that is far fetched. As stated by others in this thread, the guy may not know where the weight room is, but he can find the back of the net in the playoffs, and often.

Reactions: Bun cook

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I saw Kobasew's name in another thread, but I recently read he's dealing with serious concussion issues and is most likely done playing. That was one of my favorite Chiarelli trades.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
IIRC he had a drug addiction in the past and if that is the case this isn't much of a surprise. A lot of people have trouble leaving drugs or alcohol behind them. :(

Yes he did and suspicions have always surrounded him. In the settings that I know him-gym (doesn't come anymore) and hockey,he's just a regular guy-no ego. Still great friends with Mario and believe it or not-Gino Odjick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->