Former Bruins EX Bruins Discussion Thread Part II All Talk Here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Is anyone seriously defending waiving him? This kid is a good young player. It's unfortunate he was never given a chance here.

Hindsight is 20/20. You're competing for the playoffs, you can either pick a veteran who's a decent backup, albeit streaky, or a 23 year old goalie who despite having little NHL exposure, had a .780 save percentage...

I understand why they make the decision. Khudobin earned it after having a huge role in us making the playoffs, as well as being the safer choice by quite a bit. Sucks to see him doing so well for selfish reasons, but I highly doubt anyone expected he'd be so good. I'm happy for him, though.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Is anyone seriously defending waiving him? This kid is a good young player. It's unfortunate he was never given a chance here.
He is looking like he will become what he was drafted to be, but lets not act like he had shown he can be a backup on a competing team, which is what we are. Khudobin was the safer choice at the time and what happened really sucks but it was a tough situation. I would even really like to say they should have played 3 goalies for a bit, but Khudobin was fantastic in most of his starts this year and Subban probably still would have had trouble winning the backup job. I would have liked to take a chance with him as the backup but lets not kid ourselves it definitely would have been a chance.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
He is looking like he will become what he was drafted to be, but lets not act like he had shown he can be a backup on a competing team, which is what we are. Khudobin was the safer choice at the time and what happened really sucks but it was a tough situation. I would even really like to say they should have played 3 goalies for a bit, but Khudobin was fantastic in most of his starts this year and Subban probably still would have had trouble winning the backup job. I would have liked to take a chance with him as the backup but lets not kid ourselves it definitely would have been a chance.

To be fair, Vegas is also a competing/competitive team--third-best record in the NHL at the moment--and Subban is putting up great numbers (8-2, 2.30 GAA, .922 SV%).

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
To be fair, Vegas is also a competing/competitive team--third-best record in the NHL at the moment--and Subban is putting up great numbers (8-2, 2.30 GAA, .922 SV%).
But they didn't expect to be, they expected to be able to just have a backup learn on the job, of course part of why they are a competing team is because of Subban's play. No one should have planned on Subban playing this way, history shows that he could but he still hadn't proven it at the NHL level.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Malcom Subban is now 9-2 with a 2.18 GAA with a win over the Ducks last night. Good for him and good for Vegas for picking him up. Gotta think they'd like to do that one over again. I know I wish they could.

Reactions: dabid

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Malcom Subban is now 9-2 with a 2.18 GAA with a win over the Ducks last night. Good for him and good for Vegas for picking him up. Gotta think they'd like to do that one over again. I know I wish they could.
Good for him - seemed like a great kid. As for a mulligan I don’t think it’s even 50/50 Khudobin’s been just what they were looking for and there are no guarantees Subban puts up those #’s as a backup in Boston. I was against the move at the time, but it’s hard to knock khudobin’s numbers since.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Good for him - seemed like a great kid. As for a mulligan I don’t think it’s even 50/50 Khudobin’s been just what they were looking for and there are no guarantees Subban puts up those #’s as a backup in Boston. I was against the move at the time, but it’s hard to knock khudobin’s numbers since.
Khudobin has been good, no doubt. There is no way that waiving him made sense, there had to be another way.

This kid is going to be a star in this league, too bad our management somehow fumbled this.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Khudobin has been good, no doubt. There is no way that waiving him made sense, there had to be another way.

This kid is going to be a star in this league, too bad our management somehow fumbled this.

Thet didn’t have any choice other than to waive Khudobin who they have signed. The only option for Subban was to waive him.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

FUMBLE!!!!!!

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
DUKsPx3XkAEcY-9.jpg

DUKsTUDX0AIX8cN.jpg

Reactions: Thrive and BMC

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Malcom Subban is now 11-2 with a 2.29 GAA. Just sayin'.
It still was the right decision to waive Subban and keep Khudobin at the time they had to make the decision. Literally the only other option would have been to carry three goaltenders on the NHL 23-man roster and have one sit on the 9th floor every game. Are you seriously saying that was the option they should have chosen? Good for Subban - I'm glad he's having success. but I don't think for a second that the Bruins made a mistake in their decision. Just sayin'

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
It still was the right decision to waive Subban and keep Khudobin at the time they had to make the decision. Literally the only other option would have been to carry three goaltenders on the NHL 23-man roster and have one sit on the 9th floor every game. Are you seriously saying that was the option they should have chosen? Good for Subban - I'm glad he's having success. but I don't think for a second that the Bruins made a mistake in their decision. Just sayin'
Should have kept three then. No matter what spin one wants to put on this you don't give away a top goaltender for nothing. The kid is having a great season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad