Former Bruins EX Bruins Discussion Thread Part II All Talk Here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
And adding insult to injury, amidst all the talk of the Bruins lacking grit, Tyler Seguin gets in his first fight! ;)

WTF was Benn doing there? It looked like he was yelling at Zadarov and inviting him to go and then when Zadarov answers the call, Benn looks completely unprepared?

Weird.

Seguin didn’t do too bad in the fight, but let’s not go overboard here. It was Nemeth’s first career fight as well.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Seguin didn’t do too bad in the fight, but let’s not go overboard here. It was Nemeth’s first career fight as well.

I agree; I was just being a bit sarcastic. When I saw that Seguin was actually in a fight I was expecting Alex Semin pt. 2. ;)

I wonder what led to the unlikely bout between he and Nemeth? Maybe Nemeth didn't like Seguin when in Dallas or vice versa.

Either way, I do miss Seguin, as well as this guy:

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I agree; I was just being a bit sarcastic. When I saw that Seguin was actually in a fight I was expecting Alex Semin pt. 2. ;)

I wonder what led to the unlikely bout between he and Nemeth? Maybe Nemeth didn't like Seguin when in Dallas or vice versa.

Either way, I do miss Seguin, as well as this guy:

Nobody wants to admit how much we miss this guy. I'm not sure if it's because they're big Sweeney fans for some strange reason and want to try to justify the trade in their own minds, but we miss Looch as much as any former player ever. Terrible trade no matter what spin someone tries to put on it.

Reactions: LSCII and Aeroforce

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Nobody wants to admit how much we miss this guy. I'm not sure if it's because they're big Sweeney fans for some strange reason and want to try to justify the trade in their own minds, but we miss Looch as much as any former player ever. Terrible trade no matter what spin someone tries to put on it.
Didn't Looch say he wanted to move to the West Coast, and closer to home ?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

They did get Frederic, Zboril, Kuraly and the money for David Backes for him so I don't see how you can say it's a bad trade considering he was a UFA

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
They did get Frederic, Zboril, Kuraly and the money for David Backes for him so I don't see how you can say it's a bad trade considering he was a UFA
I would much rather have Looch than Frederic, Zboril and Kuraly just in case they may possibly one day be NHL players. Looch was the real deal.
Do you think the money for Backes was well spent?

Reactions: Fire Sweeney

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I believe he did. I appreciate everything he did in 2011 but I was glad to see him go. Definitely not worth the contract he got from Edmonton. Those last couple of seasons on that deal could be brutal. As could Backes be with us. Only difference is the years on each deal. Plus the few off ice incidents involving Lucic always concerned me.

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009

I thought after 2011 he was going to be a career Bruin. I've heard Montreal tried to sign him when he was UFA, imagine him coming into the Garden in Habs colors.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I would much rather have Looch than Frederic, Zboril and Kuraly just in case they may possibly one day be NHL players. Looch was the real deal.

Lucic was great his first few seasons here. He was a much different player his last season ( and even further that can stretch back to that horrible playoff run he had against Montreal ). The snarl was all but gone and he had grown lazy and content. He would show up every 6th or 8th game or so, but he was not the same player that he was from 07-11. It was time to move on and everyone knew it.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Hindsight is 20/20 and I'm on record as saying I'd rather have Lucic, but i don't think you can predict someone getting diverticulitis.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
At the time, considering Lucic's contract situation, they got good value for him. You can look back and say it didn't pan out.

In general, I think it's poor value to spend in the mid range on free agents. I've almost never seen it work out. It's nearly always an overpay in terms of salary, term or both.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
That's the rumor at least (haven't seen it in print).

But I think it has legs. I think it was a mutual decision between player and team to move him. No hard feelings either way. Of course we miss him, but he was a passenger near the end here, and I think he did want to be closer to home and family (I think his father had passed a few years back as well)

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
Lucic is the definition of a guy that needed a "change of scenery" . He was getting complacent in Boston.

No real fault of his. especially as a 20 something that already won a cup and was considered a fan favorite.

I miss that big lug terribly

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
you crossed all the 'ts and dotted the i's with me there, cowboy:laugh:

I'm cool with it, you can just say DKH likes Sweeney and thinks that trade was one sided for Boston, he's an idiot- you have my permission to rip me a new one since we are clearly 180 apart on I think every post- which is actually enjoyable reading

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
And adding insult to injury, amidst all the talk of the Bruins lacking grit, Tyler Seguin gets in his first fight! ;)

former teammates, definitely some off ice shit there playing out on the ice

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Dougie still doing dopey things gets thumped by broadcaster;

If you don't rip Dougie Hamilton, I will. Stupidest ****ing penalty you can take," an announcer said into a microphone he believed was off.

"Does he have a ****ing brain? He doesn't. He's stupid as ****."

The Calgary Flames lost to the Anaheim Ducks 3-2 in Game 2 of their first round playoff series on Saturday night.

The comments appear to have been made after the game ended.

Andrew Bucholtz, writing for the Awful Announcing sports blog, lays out some theories.

"Voice two appears to be colour analyst John Garrett," Bucholtz writes, referring to the second broadcaster interacting with the man who dropped all the F-bombs.

"It's only the first voice that does, and his identity isn't clear. Some might think it's play-by-play man Rick Ball, who was working the game with Garrett, but it doesn't really sound like him."
:thumbu::D Priceless!!:laugh::laugh:

Killer B

Honey Badger don't care
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
I was as vocal as anyone about how much I hated the Seguin trade. I thought it was a disaster from the moment it happened.

And somehow even I underestimated how terrible it really was.

What a ****ing nightmare.

Possibly the worst trade in team history...

And if you really want a good laugh, go back and review the actual trade thread. Funny how many "knowledgeable" fans said the Bruins won the trade or even got the best player in the deal...

Kaoz

Apr 8, 2015
Possibly the worst trade in team history...

And if you really want a good laugh, go back and review the actual trade thread. Funny how many "knowledgeable" fans said the Bruins won the trade or even got the best player in the deal...

But but... Joe Morrow.

I hated the trade more then anyone, and was pretty vocal about it. To be completely fair though, who would have thought that Eriksson would be that shite? That was an incredible near unprecedented fall from grace.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad