Evgeny Kuznetsov Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
About a half a point pace. We're excited about a guy who is going to come over here and produce 30-40 points?

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Wow I bet Kuznetsov can't wait to move to an entirely new country to play for a team who's fanbase doesn't even want him anymore despite the fact that he'd easily be our 3rd best forward.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think we need to face facts. if he shows up, he will be a member of the capitals and instantly tainted with that. how can he be any good if he wears that crest on his chest?

if he is really good, he wont come.

Halpysback*

He will be significantly less effective than Grabo for this season at the very least and most likely the next one as well.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
Fehr - Backstrom - Ovechkin
Kuznetsov - Grabovski - Brouwer
Chimera - Johansson - Ward
Laich - Beagle - Wilson

Sorry, Brooksie...

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
He will be significantly less effective than Grabo for this season at the very least and most likely the next one as well.
Yeah, I can't imagine he will win nearly as many puck battles as Grabovski. That quality alone as an example of his willingness to compete is something any of the forward prospects can learn from should he be extended.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
Better than Grabovski? Wow.

What makes you think he'd even be better than Fehr? His KHL stats seem comparable to Fehr's NHL stats. Maybe a little better, but I'd expect some drop off when he came over, at least while adjusting.

I think some of us are getting way ahead of ourselves.

maybam

Mar 30, 2010
Better than Grabovski? Wow.

What makes you think he'd even be better than Fehr? His KHL stats seem comparable to Fehr's NHL stats. Maybe a little better, but I'd expect some drop off when he came over, at least while adjusting.

I think some of us are getting way ahead of ourselves.

The KHL is lower scoring than the NHL.

For comparison, OV went 13G, 13A 26P in 37 Games the year before he came over and put up 106 in the NHL.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The KHL is lower scoring than the NHL.

For comparison, OV went 13G, 13A 26P in 37 Games the year before he came over and put up 106 in the NHL.
Ovie never played in the KHL, he played in the RSL. He was also a few years younger than Kuznetsov, got a major boost in total ice time minutes and powerplay time when he joined the Capitals, and had a full training camp to integrate with his team, the new system, and the smaller ice surface.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
I'm not going to pass judgment on Kuzya until I see him in a Caps jersey. I don't think you can evaluate a player by statline alone. I haven't seen enough of his play and who knows how his skills will translate to NA ice. Can't see our second line getting any worse regardless.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
If you want to evaluate him on anything, it's how most people see him projecting in the NHL.

He's projected, even still at the ancient age of 21, as a first line player with good offensive upside.

Will it happen on day one? No, probably not, but I think you can at least give some credibility to Tarasenko's impact, as they're both highly gifted players.

And his stats aren't that far off of a PPG through most of his career, though they did dip last year with the injury concerns.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I have very little doubt that Kuz can be a top-6 NHLer. All you had to do is watch him take it to Team Canada at the WJC, in Canada, in the finals. Big game performance, big time skill.

The main question IMO is how patient will the Caps be with him, and how he'll handle possible ice time frustration, especially early on.

Caps will be scrambling for every win, and Coach OCD will not be happy until Kuz learns the details of his "systems", which will take a while.

On the bright side, his competition is Brouwer/Laich, so it should not take a lot to stake his claim as an offensive contributor. Plus, if the Ovi/Backstrom split holds, playing with Backstrom on the 2nd line should be a big help in making the transition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad