Evgeny Kuznetsov Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
That is very important. There is a Hope Cup in the KHL now. Perhaps there is a verbal agreement with the Traktor that he can left earlier to join the Caps.

You now, at golf course. We call it 'at Turkey'.

Forgot about that... I figure they would want him to play in that so they can get the top pick.

Are you sure they are playing it again this season? What I'm reading seems to imply it was a one time thing for last year.

Last edited:

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Forgot about that... I figure they would want him to play in that so they can get the top pick.

Are you sure they are playing it again this season? What I'm reading seems to imply it was a one time thing for last year.

Well, I don't know :) But I had an impression it was a permanent decision.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Well, I don't know :) But I had an impression it was a permanent decision.

Who knows, nothing I see indicates it still going to happen, but that's English language stuff so you would know better.

Anyways, Igor Kleyner says the players are paid through April 30th. So that kind of throws a wrench in the hope he would play in March. Kleyner though suggested if Traktor is out they could release him if they are completely out by the Olympics, but that would mean he would lose $1.2m in pay.

MaryChristine*

Wow I bet Kuznetsov can't wait to move to an entirely new country to play for a team who's fanbase doesn't even want him anymore despite the fact that he'd easily be our 3rd best forward.

Well... The alternative is staying in a league on a team that boo's you every night... At least he can start over here... AND when he finally does get here caps fans will be excited... I mean ****, what else do you have to look forward to... just saying..l as an Islander fan... i know the feeling.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Even if he doesn't play this season it would be cool, if it works out his team misses the KHL playoffs, that he might come over for a visit with the Capitals. Not a bad thing to get a check on the medical front considering the injuries over the past couple of years.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
Even if he doesn't play this season it would be cool, if it works out his team misses the KHL playoffs, that he might come over for a visit with the Capitals. Not a bad thing to get a check on the medical front considering the injuries over the past couple of years.
Hopefully none of his injuries are groin injuries. The Caps' training staff doesn't have a glowing record there.

NoLookPass

Jan 16, 2014
Sorry if this has been said or is well known or if there is no answer. But, when is the soonest Kuzy can realistically come to the Caps? Will he play this year?

Burakovsky95*

Sorry if this has been said or is well known or if there is no answer. But, when is the soonest Kuzy can realistically come to the Caps? Will he play this year?

Traktor's last regular season game is march 4th. However, annoyingly they are in playoff position sitting 2 points ahead for the 8th spot. The Caps have games on the 6th, 8th, 10th, 11th, 14th, 16th, 18th, 20th. You said soonest which means Traktor missing playoffs (hoping) so I'd shoot for one of those days.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Sponsor
Feb 7, 2013
I don't see him playing in a game this year, regardless of how Traktor does.

Burakovsky95*

I don't see him playing in a game this year, regardless of how Traktor does.

All signs point to him playing this year. Especially the fact that he and his wife already applied for and have probably been approved for visas. There would be absolutely no reason for him to come to DC this season otherwise and he would have probably waited to apply in the offseason if we planned on waiting until next year...

Also:

Mike Vogel ‏@VogsCaps 2h
As far as I know, yes. @GRBarr8 s Kuznetsov still planning on joining the Caps this year?

Vogel usually knows more than he lets on.

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
"this year" is vague. It would be a lot more meaningful if it said "this season". I hope you're right but I don't think that's a clear declaration that Kuz will be here before the offseason.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Would be great to see him this season... but honestly it might even be better long term if he starts "properly" next season. More rest, get acclimated to DC, and build up confidence/chemistry from the training camp. If he just gets dropped into this dysfunctional team in the heat of the playoff race, who knows what will happen.

Burakovsky95*

"this year" is vague. It would be a lot more meaningful if it said "this season". I hope you're right but I don't think that's a clear declaration that Kuz will be here before the offseason.

"This year" is vague if the context wasn't within sports.

GoGoGrabo

Nov 29, 2008
I wonder if McPhee will give him some god awful number that he doesn't want and then make him earn a number change like he did with Alzner, Varly, etc.

Holtby said in a video last year he wanted #1 since he's always worn it, but McPhee scared him, so he didn't ask to change it.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
I wonder if McPhee will give him some god awful number that he doesn't want and then make him earn a number change like he did with Alzner, Varly, etc.

Holtby said in a video last year he wanted #1 since he's always worn it, but McPhee scared him, so he didn't ask to change it.

Practice of "rookie numbers" is common in the NHL.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Easy prediction that Kuz will get whatever number he wants sans another player having it already.

He'll be here next season not this, imo.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
Fedor you've written about this before. What's your opinion? He coming over this season or next?
Depends on Caps' assertion of his health and Traktor progression (though I don't think they'll go far, that team is a Caps-esque mess).

Doesn't he wear #92 for Traktor? Other than possible Nylander stigma, I don't see why there'd be any issue wearing that number.
84 this year. Though I don't think that after all injuries he'll ever want to wear it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad