Proposal: Everyone on the Jets must go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Hellebuyck -> (2 1sts, 2nd, 2 prospects and cap dump)
Ehlers -> (2 1sts, 2nd, 2 prospects and player)
Scheifele -> (1st 2024, 1st 2025, 2 prospects, and cap dump/player)
Dubois -> Montreal (Dach, 1st 2024 and prospect)
Wheeler -> (1st/2nd, prospect and cap dump)
Connor -> (2 1sts, 2nd, top prospect, roster player and cap dump)
Lowry -> (1st and 3rd)
Morrissey -> (2 1sts, 2nd, top prospect and roster player)

In all honesty, I see Connor, Lowry and Morrissey staying with the Jets.

I don’t even know what to respond to that other that you might end up being a bit disappointed when/if these guys gets traded.

Edit: You aren’t getting Dach or our 2024 first round pick (unless its protected and the main piece) for PLD

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Lowry -> (1st and 3rd)

Most of those returns are high IMO

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Lowry -> (1st and 3rd)

That's an easy pass from this Hab fan, Dawg.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
I'm debating whether i would even want PLD after his lack of effort when it counted in the playoffs. You are dreaming if you think the Habs would trade Dach for PLD. Absolutely out of your mind. Habs have zero reason to do that when they could simply wait for PLD to become a UFA.

Habs could even offsheet him at 6.4M, 1 year (1st + 3rd) and handcuff Wpg. In that scenario, if Jets match, the Jets can't trade him for 1 year. They are pooched. They have no choice but to let go of PLD for the 1st + 3rd round pick.
He will be gone before the offer sheet option opens. You can count on that.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
So we need to pay Winnipeg a kings ransom for him and then overpay him to stay. Sounds wonderful. How's guhle, Dach and this years first sound? We can add if it's not enough. Hopefully we can sign pld for less that 10m per...
Or you can just move along and leave the trade process to those who are serious. I think everyone would prefer that. You might get another shot at him later.

What type of trade protection does DeMelo have? I’d love to get him in Buffalo.
None, I believe.

Reactions: hn777

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Sabres fan here.

DeMelo
Dillon
Barron

for

Krebs
Bryson
2023 2nd
That leaves us with Neil Pionk as our only right-shot D-man. We didn't have many players who visibly gave a shit during the playoffs, but the players you listed are all players that I have on that list; we can't get equal value in return, or replace what they bring. Dillon might be a player we trade if we keep Stanley, but trading DeMelo and Barron can't possibly benefit us.

Reactions: hn777 and elchud

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Or you can just move along and leave the trade process to those who are serious. I think everyone would prefer that. You might get another shot at him later.

None, I believe.
Best way to get a poster to go away is to quote his post and tell him to go away.

I might try that sometime. Meanwhile, I am serious. Winnipeg won't get a kings ransom from Montreal.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
DeMelo/Dillon/Barron are just what the Sabres need.

That leaves us with Neil Pionk as our only right-shot D-man. We didn't have many players who visibly gave a shit during the playoffs, but the players you listed are all players that I have on that list; we can't get equal value in return, or replace what they bring. Dillon might be a player we trade if we keep Stanley, but trading DeMelo and Barron can't possibly benefit us.

Forget to add Jokiharju to the deal!
2.5, RHD, still has one RFA year, solid 4th/5th defenseman who is still developing

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Pld ain't the difference from the Habs being bottom 5. So Jets take that unprotected 24 1st

Don’t hold your breath on that one…

Best way to get a poster to go away is to quote his post and tell him to go away.

I might try that sometime. Meanwhile, I am serious. Winnipeg won't get a kings ransom from Montreal.
Agreed. Hopefully he goes elsewhere.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
DeMelo/Dillon/Barron are just what the Sabres need.

Forget to add Jokiharju to the deal!
2.5, RHD, still has one RFA year, solid 4th/5th defenseman who is still developing
I respect the offer, but strategically it's a lose-lose situation for us. If we trade the players that actually work hard for a retool, our results will be worse than this past season. We need to offload the big fish first, and then decide what to do with the other value players based on what the returns are. Even the Coyotes keep some players around with value if they work hard.

"Everyone must go" is a bit of a misleading statement. If we rebuild, the following are the trade priorities:
-PLD (if he won't sign long-term anyway)
-Scheifele
-Wheeler (will trade with retention)
-Hellebuyck (if he won't sign long-term)
-Stanley (asked for a trade)
-Connor (his exit interview showed he's a good candidate to move if we rebuild)

If I were GM, I wouldn't answer any requests on Morrissey, Samberg, DeMelo, Lowry, Niederreiter, Barron, Perfetti, and all of our prospects. Ehlers is fragile but I like him, too.

I can see Pionk, Dillon, Appleton, Schmidt and some other depth pieces being available at the right price, depending on who we trade and what the team's goals are. With that said, I think maybe one of those 'depth' players are traded at most, but there should be significant interest on our core players. Chevy is not a Dorion or Dubas type of guy.

Reactions: hn777

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I respect the offer, but strategically it's a lose-lose situation for us. If we trade the players that actually work hard for a retool, our results will be worse than this past season. We need to offload the big fish first, and then decide what to do with the other value players based on what the returns are. Even the Coyotes keep some players around with value if they work hard.

"Everyone must go" is a bit of a misleading statement. If we rebuild, the following are the trade priorities:
-PLD (if he won't sign long-term anyway)
-Scheifele
-Wheeler (will trade with retention)
-Hellebuyck (if he won't sign long-term)
-Stanley (asked for a trade)
-Connor (his exit interview showed he's a good candidate to move if we rebuild)

If I were GM, I wouldn't answer any requests on Morrissey, Samberg, DeMelo, Lowry, Niederreiter, Barron, Perfetti, and all of our prospects. Ehlers is fragile but I like him, too.

I can see Pionk, Dillon, Appleton, Schmidt and some other depth pieces being available at the right price, depending on who we trade and what the team's goals are. With that said, I think maybe one of those 'depth' players are traded at most, but there should be significant interest on our core players. Chevy is not a Dorion or Dubas type of guy.
Why, what did Connor say?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Lowry -> (1st and 3rd)

You are going to be so disappointed.

Reactions: Darren McCord

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
So your proposal is that the Jets just do Philly a huge favor for no reason? You'd have to add a couple firsts for that to be considered.

This a truly delusional post in so many ways, from saying 7th overall last year is equivalent to 20th this year, to pretending 20th overall is somehow vastly worse than 17th and then believing that other teams wouldn't trade for him as a rental.

Young physical top-6 centers are a rarity. Even disregarding the size aspect and pretending that he really only wants to play in Montreal, Dubois would still fetch a better return as a 1 year rental from plenty of teams than what you're suggesting.

maybe take a break from Montreal hockey media. That trash will rot your brain.

Incorrect on both accounts. Wheeler isn't worth anything because he's not remotely worth his contract. The fact his contract is almost done is the only thing bringing his value up from being extremely negative to only very negative. They tried to trade him last summer and no one would take him.

Scheifele as a 1 year rental is absolutely worth more than a first. He's a mediocre first line center and he's paid like a mediocre second line center. A contender would be very smart to play him as a second line center and let him feast on weaker matchups. Colorado, playing behind MacKinnon, would be a good example. He's cheap enough that a lot of teams could afford him and he's better than what 30/32 teams have at second line center.
Better than 30/32? I take Miller, Draisaitl, Bernier, Tavares etc. Over him

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
If ppl think they are blowing it up, you are delusional. Shocking that players in their mjd to late 20s don't want a rebuild and fun fact, Jets aren't gonna rebuild. They will retool. Ppl thinking they gonna move out half the roster have got to be kidding here

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
If ppl think they are blowing it up, you are delusional. Shocking that players in their mjd to late 20s don't want a rebuild and fun fact, Jets aren't gonna rebuild. They will retool. Ppl thinking they gonna move out half the roster have got to be kidding here
100% agree. Jets aren't blowing it up no matter how fickle some fans are. There is no need to blow it up.

Grinner

May 31, 2022
Of course you are right
But it gives them much more to talk about here on this forum and that's what's really important

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad